Name What You Think Is Our Top Four Position Needs?

Draftnut57

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

te? we just signed 2. if dez is moving to cb, you better add fs to the list.

Your right that I may should have put S as one of the top 4 but all I want you to do is make a list of the top 4 you think we need.. I'm trying to learn something here..... Can you edit yours and put the 4 you think we need please.. Thank you...

Pass Rusher

Offensive Guard

Free Safety

Middle Linebacker

I think you gotta go into every round thinking BPA available tho, so if a guy like Eric Kendricks is there in the second he might be the best choice for ATL. I'm so curious as to how ATL is going to attack this draft...

OLB/DE - preferably someone that can get more than seven sacks a season. Rookies rarely do

RB - need two just to fill out the roster. One needs to be a big back that can start and carry a load

LG - don't trust any of the misfits currently on the roster

MLB - Worrilow couldn't cover my dead grandmother in coverage

FS - unless Godfrey is the answer. Need depth even if he is

DE/OLB

S

OG

TE

We have other needs as well, as this is a team deplete of talent and depth, especially considering almost every FA we signed this offseason has a history of serious injury

iLB

Rb

RT

WR

CB

I just now reallized I should have made this thread with a list of top 8 and not just 4, that would have been better..

OLB/DE - preferably someone that can get more than seven sacks a season. Rookies rarely do

RB - need two just to fill out the roster. One needs to be a big back that can start and carry a load

LG - don't trust any of the misfits currently on the roster

MLB - Worrilow couldn't cover my dead grandmother in coverage

FS - unless Godfrey is the answer. Need depth even if he is

I like this list , We have always thought alike.. Really I should have put RB 2nd because we don't have that one big back with bigtime ability ,,, This is an awesome draft to get one.... The good thing is that this is what I would call the best RB class I've ever seen as far as talent and depth ,, I've never wanted any player in any draft more than I wanted LT in his draft.. now people know why,, I also was one of very few so Thunderstruck on JJ Watts.. had him in my only Mock as well. Now people know why.

DE/OLB

S

OG

TE

We have other needs as well, as this is a team deplete of talent and depth, especially considering almost every FA we signed this offseason has a history of serious injury

iLB

Rb

RT

WR

CB

we have jj roddy hankerson hester weems and reedy plus a few others at wr. i am not sure how people see that as a need.

ILB/MLB >>>>which ever

FS

OLG >>> although I'm not happy with much of this O-line

RB >>>> I might even move SS above this

>>>SS>>> added a 5th because I think this need is nearly as big as the others

then a pass rusher at 6th

now he asked for my Opinion don't blast me

we have jj roddy hankerson hester weems and reedy plus a few others at wr. i am not sure how people see that as a need.

Not a top need, but we are getting older there, and hankerson has injury history, reedy and the few others are marginal talents, Hester/weems are more ST than bonafied WR solutions for future, so it most certainly is a need, just not as pressing as the others I listed before it

Like I said, thisz team is deplete of

Edited by Vandy

I like this list , We have always thought alike.. Really I should have put RB 2nd because we don't have that one big back with bigtime ability ,,, This is an awesome draft to get one.... The good thing is that this is what I would call the best RB class I've ever seen as far as talent and depth ,, I've never wanted any player in any draft more than I wanted LT in his draft.. now people know why,, I also was one of very few so Thunderstruck on JJ Watts.. had him in my only Mock as well. Now people know why.

We only have two RBs under contract. We usually carry four. Sometimes five. I think Free could handle the load but would rather get a big back that can pound the ball, as well as a second back late in the draft that can back up that role as well as swing to FB in case something happens to DiMarco (Varga or Fowler). Here are a few options for big bellcows with starter potential. Some are big, but run like school girls:

Todd Gurley - 6'1 222 lbs, 4.52

Jay Ajayi - 6'0 221 lbs, 4.57

David Johnson - 6'1 224 lbs, 4.50

T.J. Yeldon - 6'1 226 lbs, 4.61

David Cobb - 5'11 229 lbs, 4.59

Javorious Allen - 6'0 221 lbs, 4.53

Karlos Williams - 6'1 230 lbs, 4.48

Dominique Brown - 6'2 234 lbs, 4.62

Malcolm Brown - 5'11 224 lbs, 4.62

Matt Jones - 6'2 231 lbs, 4.61

FS -- Needs to be addressed ASAP.

RB -- Two are needed to complete roster. Maybe sign one FA and draft a big back (Ajayi or Yeldon?) in the 3rd.

OL -- Need a sure starter added and maybe more depth.

Edge Rusher -- I'm still not convinced we're going to get enough pressure on opposing QBs.

*WR -- Adding this in although it may not be an issue this year, but some solid WR depth is available this year. Probably need to address this now to keep the issues to a minimum next year.

WR could be a need for a few reasons:

Julio - might want Megatron money next year. Megatron's cap hits are in the $21-24M range over the next three years

Roddy, Hester, Weems - all old as dirt and likely to start declining quickly

Hankerson - fragile as hail

Reedy and Martino - unproven and possibly not as good as TATFers think they are

We only have two RBs under contract. We usually carry four. Sometimes five. I think Free could handle the load but would rather get a big back that can pound the ball, as well as a second back late in the draft that can back up that role as well as swing to FB in case something happens to DiMarco (Varga or Fowler). Here are a few options for big bellcows with starter potential. Some are big, but run like school girls:

Todd Gurley - 6'1 222 lbs, 4.52

Jay Ajayi - 6'0 221 lbs, 4.57

David Johnson - 6'1 224 lbs, 4.50

T.J. Yeldon - 6'1 226 lbs, 4.61

David Cobb - 5'11 229 lbs, 4.59

Javorious Allen - 6'0 221 lbs, 4.53

Karlos Williams - 6'1 230 lbs, 4.48

Dominique Brown - 6'2 234 lbs, 4.62

Malcolm Brown - 5'11 224 lbs, 4.62

Matt Jones - 6'2 231 lbs, 4.61

I have Ajayi in my only Mock I'm working on now... I agree 100% that we need a major back and what a great draft to pick up a couple in... The one thing I think has hurt this team more than any... We have not been running first... It kills our O# if we don't run first..