What Is That "go To" For You?

Falcon Man™

You're driving around and trying to figure out what you are in the mood to listen to. I have Spotify Premium and PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL it through Bluetooth in my truck (that has an outstanding stock system in it if you can believe that) - so I have access to about 75% of the music out there (Beatles and Metallica are just 2 of the artists alone that Spotify does not have). Beatles are one of my favorite bands of all time. If I don't have my iPod with me, I typically will choose The Flaming Lips - one of my favorite bands that went downhill after "At War with the Mystics" which wasn't even that good of an album either.

But if I really just cannot decide I go with this album:

Alopecia_why.jpg

This is probably one of the most creative and underrated albums of all time. The writing is outstanding. I recommend it to anyone wanting to listen something a little different. Give it a chance and I think you'll agree it is a fantastic album.

I am at work so I can't post youtube vids, but look up a sky for shoeing horses under and find the studio recording of it. It's outstanding!

WHY? - Fatalist Palmistry Lyrics

i sleep on my back cause it's good for the spine

and coffin rehersal

i know a psychic who reads her own palms

and her findings are personal

she keeps her fists shut tight and she sleeps on her side,

well maybe she knows something i don't know

but i am still alive in love and

wide eyed in my time

not a mummy shrinking in its cloths

your cat clawed out my eyes while i's

distracted by your smile

and now my sockets sit like empty catcher's mitts waiting

and you ask me if there's anybody else that i'm dating

'anna and nathan'

anna, i'm patient

but your painted pony is fading

lost like a snakeskin in high grass

and out there thrashing like a pet bird caught in a jet PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL, that's me

you count them blessings cause your net worth

oughta be less cream in your best dreams

but god put a song on my palm

that you can't read

i'm lucky to be under

this same sky that held

the exhale from your first breath

like a ring on a pillow of clouds

by you my tongue may stutter

but my gift heart screams clear and swells

to burst between the wrapped lengths

of its bowed ribbon cell

but i am still alive in love and

wide eyed in my time

not a mummy shinking in its cloths

there's a moth flock in my gut growing

a tug at my groin like tides trying to

pull moon towards them, i can't ignore them

and when we say your name our tongues catch flame

and you wonder why we ain't got nothing to say

but your painted pony is fading

lost like a snakeskin in high grass

and out there thrashing like a pet bird caught in a jet PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL, that's me

you count them blessings cause your net worth

oughta be less cream in your best dreams

but god put a song on my palm

that you can't read

i'll be embalmed with it long before you'll see

I'll be honest, I am a fan of hip-hop but have not listened to ANY Kendrick Lamar...

I really enjoyed "Graduation" by Kanye though...

Interesting. If you can give this one a listen, it doesn't really have modern hip-hop sound. It's more of a jazz/funk throwback sounding record with some rap verses. The instrumentals are excellent. Been listening to it non-stop these past few days. Only problem for most people is relate-ability. It's getting tons of acclaim.

For the record, my favorite all-time hip-hop albums are Illmatic, ATLiens, and College Dropout. Those would be my real "go-to"'s.

?? I've got plenty of Metallica on my Spotify lists...

For some good new music try "Winery Dogs"... Supergroup of Richie Kotzen, Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan... good rock!

My current go-to list though has to be my Halestorm playlist. Lizzy Hale has the vocal chops of a Siren, and the band is tight. They've got a couple of cover EP's that have great covers, including "Get Lucky," "1996," "Slave to the Grind," "Dissident Aggressor," and "Gold Dust Woman" among others.

For some good new music try "Winery Dogs"... Supergroup of Richie Kotzen, Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan... good rock!

My current go-to list though has to be my Halestorm playlist. Lizzy Hale has the vocal chops of a Siren, and the band is tight. They've got a couple of cover EP's that have great covers, including "Get Lucky," "1996," "Slave to the Grind," "Dissident Aggressor," and "Gold Dust Woman" among others.

I just looked and you are correct, they are on there - not sure why I couldn't find them before...Where is the album "Creeping Death???" Am I Evil is one of my favorite all time songs by Metallica. I have that vinyl album as well.

I just looked and you are correct, they are on there - not sure why I couldn't find them before...Where is the album "Creeping Death???" Am I Evil is one of my favorite all time songs by Metallica. I have that vinyl album as well.

You'll find "Am I Evil" and "Blitzkrieg (a crazy great song!)" on the remastered version of "Garage Days..."

Just gave Winery Dogs a quick listen to few bits of songs. Singer sounds a bit like Chris Cornell and I am a HUGE Cornell fan.

One of my other favorite bands is Porcupine Tree.