Falcons Will Use Draft To Build Team

The focus must be the draft because the FA signings are very pedestrian. Nothing to get excited about with the exception of Kroy because it makes the idiots on this board even bigger idiots for saying Quinn would get rid of him and coach up Massaquoi. So much for that pipe dream. If Kroy stays healthy, I think he gets double digit sacks in this new scheme.

Anyhow, I think the draft the Falcons will pull a shocker and draft DeVante Parker who is 6' 3" and 209 lbs and produce big plays besides Julio. Hopefully they draft an offensive lineman, and draft running back Jay Ajayi.

With the new scheme on defense I don't think they need to go after a defensive guy until the 4th round.

Ok but how is this different that every year since 2008?

We've 'built' the team through the draft with a FA acquisition here and there.

I love how people talk about Quinn's scheme like he turned a bunch of nobodies into a top 10 defense.

He took Pete Carrolls players and Pete Carrolls scheme and yes he made it better... But people need to stop acting like he wasn't working with a seriously loaded deck.

I love how people talk about Quinn's scheme like he turned a bunch of nobodies into a top 10 defense.

He took Pete Carrolls players and Pete Carrolls scheme and yes he made it better... But people need to stop acting like he wasn't working with a seriously loaded deck.

the major difference is that pioli is the personnel guy now

My goodness. How quickly people forget how bad out defense was! I know you get used to seeing our defense every Sunday but don't start thinking it's average. We were bad on defense. I want our first two picks to be on defense. Maybe a guard with the second. DE with the 1st. ILB or guard with the second. He*ll even a OLB with the second wouldn't bother me. But we need pieces there so let's pick them when the odds are in our favor to find a good one! Right?!

The focus must be the draft because the FA signings are very pedestrian. Nothing to get excited about with the exception of Kroy because it makes the idiots on this board even bigger idiots for saying Quinn would get rid of him and coach up Massaquoi. So much for that pipe dream. If Kroy stays healthy, I think he gets double digit sacks in this new scheme.

Anyhow, I think the draft the Falcons will pull a shocker and draft DeVante Parker who is 6' 3" and 209 lbs and produce big plays besides Julio. Hopefully they draft an offensive lineman, and draft running back Jay Ajayi.

With the new scheme on defense I don't think they need to go after a defensive guy until the 4th round.

I honestly can't say which of these 2 gems made me laugh harder.

If I don't conatin myself quick I'm gonna need new boxers

Just like now Pete Carroll teams was losing in the playoffs just like us with draft players and free agents don't act like they were beating before Quinn got there he got there in 13 in 12 they lose to us so don't say he can't come in and get us in the playoffs to make a run with his defense... Su what's your next point?

Just like now Pete Carroll teams was losing in the playoffs just like us with draft players and free agents don't act like they were beating before Quinn got there he got there in 13 in 12 they lose to us so don't say he can't come in and get us in the playoffs to make a run with his defense... Su what's your next point?

Pretty sure Quinn got to Seattle in '09 as the DL coach...

A loaded deck of mid round players and free agents they bought low on. Literally anyone can pull that off! rolleyes.gif

How do you call anyone an idiot, then follow it up by saying that we don't need to draft defense before the 4th round?

My issue is although this draft is loaded with pass rushers I am not impressed with the combo of size and speed at all. Most of them are small..beasly I believe it was gained about 30 lbs for combine. I believe he is really pushin it and cant keep that weight. Dude from org is too big and is better suited for dt. Rest of guys r pretty small, im afraid they will get dominated by nfl OTs. Cooper is a sure fire prospect that would dominate the nfl on a team like atl. White who I love more than anybody is not who he used to be and with soft tissue injuries building u, Hard to rely on. Cooper would be by far BPA and I cant be mad at going that route if Quinn sees same issues with the pass rushers as me and cant trade back

Pretty sure Quinn got to Seattle in '09 as the DL coach...

Ok even better he started with a subpar team so don't say he came to a loaded team. He started in the same boat he is about to start here with players with promise but not official yet only difference he has a franchise quarterback in Matt Ryan

I think we are in a position that we have to go nearly all defense in the draft. Maybe pick up a guard in the second. Let Freeman be our RB with Smith. TE has competition now so leave it alone.We can worry about a WR in a couple of offseasons. We need O-linemen and thats it on offense. Let Ryan do his thing. Defense though. We are guaranteed to get one pass rusher. I honestly could see us picking another one up in a later round too. We need competition at Mlb unless if Worrilow is the guy. Thats kind of scary cause he couldnt cover a fat man on a power scooter. He can tackle though. And we need help in the secondary. We need help on the O-line. Im honestly tired of seeing Ryan laying on his back. He gets hit to much. We will see who they get.