Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXVIII-III

If Rex Would Have Gotten Our Hc Job...

113 posts in this topic

What if Rex wins the superbowl and DQ flakes it as a HC lol

The crying would be immense

and you would be leading the charge. whodathunkit.

D#x3 likes this

Don't know when it was updated but at the moment they still have little over $12 million left according to spoctrac, oberthecap shows $15 million so it's premature to say he's ruining their cap. Only thing they need is great qb play and you can be looking at a legit playoff contender. You also have to consider the bulk of those contracts were in place before he arrived so can't put it all on him if they end up in cap ****

Ok well he's actually doing pretty good so far. Don't know why people say he's ruining the team with his FA pick ups, I thought if anything their cap would take a hit. Get him a Qb and watch out. Might have fans around here crying over him, of course that's if Quinn disappoints horribly.

ya_boi_j likes this

Ok well he's actually doing pretty good so far. Don't know why people say he's ruining the team with his FA pick ups, I thought if anything their cap would take a hit. Get him a Qb and watch out. Might have fans around here crying over him, of course that's if Quinn disappoints horribly.

you know how it goes bro. He's doing something Quinn isn't doing and that something is something they wanted to the hate comes. Whether it will be admitted or not, that team will be scary if they get good qb play
Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

you know how it goes bro. He's doing something Quinn isn't doing and that something is something they wanted to the hate comes. Whether it will be admitted or not, that team will be scary if they get good qb play

Because of the team already in place, not because of Rex.

Because of the team already in place, not because of Rex.

every head coach going to a new team that experiences instant success does it off of a team already in place with a few new additions. No matter who or where it is. That team gets good qb play, they will be scary.

every head coach going to a new team that experiences instant success does it off of a team already in place with a few new additions. No matter who or where it is. That team gets good qb play, they will be scary.

Except the 'new additions' in Rex' case are horrible. McCoy is the sole above average player brought in this offseason, and they lost a playmaker to get him too. That's the point. Quinn has brought in a lot of new pieces, Rex just resigned all the guys already there and added guys like Incognito and Harvin who haven't helped anybody do anything in years. His team is actively worse than last season right now, not all new coaches can say that.

I've been saying for years the Bills could be playoff wildcards, i'm much less optimistic about that this year.

Rex main thing is to get a good qb. Despite losing Kiko, the D is still good (played good without him last year), Incognito might be solid, don't expect much from Harvin but could contribute in a role.

Rex is already showing his arse by saying the Bills are better than the Pats! We do not need that sort of arse around here! Rexy is more about Rexy than his team...Quinn is about the team, not about himself!

Rex is already showing his arse by saying the Bills are better than the Pats! We do not need that sort of arse around here! Rexy is more about Rexy than his team...Quinn is about the team, not about himself!

Not necessarily, Rex is just confident, cocky, and boisterous. That's his demeanor, I wouldn't say he cares less about his team than Quinn does with the Falcons. Still happy to have Quinn tho.

Not necessarily, Rex is just confident, cocky, and boisterous. That's his demeanor, I wouldn't say he cares less about his team than Quinn does with the Falcons. Still happy to have Quinn tho.

If you can walk the walk I have no problem with Rex's style but, he was making promises his team wasn't keeping on the field. Eventually that reflects bad on him and the players no longer respond to his idle threats. I'd much rather have a level headed HC the players can respond to by not trying to keep promises that Rexy's mouth couldn't keep.

Except the 'new additions' in Rex' case are horrible. McCoy is the sole above average player brought in this offseason, and they lost a playmaker to get him too. That's the point. Quinn has brought in a lot of new pieces, Rex just resigned all the guys already there and added guys like Incognito and Harvin who haven't helped anybody do anything in years. His team is actively worse than last season right now, not all new coaches can say that.

I've been saying for years the Bills could be playoff wildcards, i'm much less optimistic about that this year.

so you're telling me the head coach will get zero credit if they make any type of playoff run this year. Wow man. That definitely has to go for every single head coach who took over a team and had instant success with a team already in place

so you're telling me the head coach will get zero credit if they make any type of playoff run this year. Wow man. That definitely has to go for every single head coach who took over a team and had instant success with a team already in place

Not saying he won't get credit at all, I'm simply saying he's done absolutely nothing to make his team any better from a personnel standpoint, nothing more nothing less.

Not saying he won't get credit at all, I'm simply saying he's done absolutely nothing to make his team any better from a personnel standpoint, nothing more nothing less.

adding a RB who has been healthy, a wr that can stretch the field and return kicks, a play making tight end and another pass rusher to go along with the superstar they already have didn't make them better? Those 4 additions alone are all upgrades over what they had last year at the same spots.

Plus the original post you replied to said nothing about his team being better. I said he made moves Falcons fans wanted Quinn to make, which is why people have thrown shade. Happens every year

No but this is the NFL.... you can find good backups that are younger and cheaper.

I would have to disagree with you considering we couldn't find a good backup that was younger and cheaper while he was here.

adding a RB who has been healthy, a wr that can stretch the field and return kicks, a play making tight end and another pass rusher to go along with the superstar they already have didn't make them better? Those 4 additions alone are all upgrades over what they had last year at the same spots.

Plus the original post you replied to said nothing about his team being better. I said he made moves Falcons fans wanted Quinn to make, which is why people have thrown shade. Happens every year

RB was their 2'nd strongest position on offense last year, LB'er was their second worst position on the entire team, and now they've lost both of their decent LB'ers, so no the first didn't help. Harvin has done nothing but prove he hurts teams and locker rooms. Clay was a good pickup, I admit. It's not enough to make up for everything else though.

RB was their 2'nd strongest position on offense last year, LB'er was their second worst position on the entire team, and now they've lost both of their decent LB'ers, so no the first didn't help. Harvin has done nothing but prove he hurts teams and locker rooms. Clay was a good pickup, I admit. It's not enough to make up for everything else though.

Due to fred Jackson and spiller getting hurt, their run game was hot garbage. Kyle Orton was actually decent but Sammy was their most reliable option so it's easy for that terrible run game to be second best. Adding one of the best running backs in the game over the last several years and the playmaker they are getting in Harvin upgrades their pass game alone(McCoy can catch out the back field as well). They will fill the necessary holes on defense in the draft and Rex will scheme to make whoever they get look good.

The NFL is like no other sport in the world where a new hc can come in and have instant success changing an average team into a playoff team. This has happened on numerous occassions but 99% of the time it's scheme and a fresh start as players had lost the will to play for the previous hc. The issue with Rexis is he is inheriting the no.4 defence already so it's going to be hard to tell if his defence scheme make a huge difference initially as we won't see a huge leap from the high 20's to low teens etc like other teams (obviously this will be more evident with Quinn in Atlanta). For all his faults Rex has proved a strong D and a great running game will mask an average QB and receiving game. Enough to get to multiple conference finals. Clearly he's aiming for the same again and good luck to him. Conversely Quinn needs to improve the defence dramatically but also maintain the top 10 offence. That is how he will be judged.

I don't see the fuss myself - seems both teams got what they wanted and if it hadn't been for the Murray trade I would have said Philly had played it well also. Would have loved Matthews at Rb on 4 million a year to pair with devonte 😜

Due to fred Jackson and spiller getting hurt, their run game was hot garbage. Kyle Orton was actually decent but Sammy was their most reliable option so it's easy for that terrible run game to be second best. Adding one of the best running backs in the game over the last several years and the playmaker they are getting in Harvin upgrades their pass game alone(McCoy can catch out the back field as well). They will fill the necessary holes on defense in the draft and Rex will scheme to make whoever they get look good.

Harvin's not even the 3'rd best receiver on that team... And you don't fill 3 LB'er spots in one draft.

Harvin if used right is as dangerous as they come and rex will put him back in that utility role he had in Minny. And harvin just helped the Hawks win a SB. Maybe if the kept him he woukdve been the X factor. Everybody said trading him woukd come back to haunt them in the playoffs. If you ask me it did.

Harvin's not even the 3'rd best receiver on that team... And you don't fill 3 LB'er spots in one draft.

That's where Ppl get it mixed up. Harvin is a playmaker, not a receiver. He's one of their top playmakers. Get a qb in buffalo and watch what happens. They will be the comp to the pats in that division. And rex's defenses already give Brady fits.

Chucky won a SB with Dungy's team. Chucky coached against his team in the SB. Belichik inherited the pats whom was in great shape from parcels. Dungy inherited a good colts team. McCarthy inherited a good Pack team. Tomlin inherited a good steelers team. Mike Smith inherited a good falcons team that mora built. And on and on and on.