Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXVIII-III

If Rex Would Have Gotten Our Hc Job...

113 posts in this topic

Doesn't matter, you don't trade talent like Kiko away at this point... just a horrible move by him. I thank the football gods daily Rex didn't come here everytime I look at the players acquired by the bills this year. Incognito and Harvin? No thank you...

Coming off of an injury and he knows he has no QB. Had to boost the offense someway.

Coming off of an injury and he knows he has no QB. Had to boost the offense someway.

And Rex won't be finding a good one, in all likelihood. If he has to trade to find good enough offensive talent that's not a strong point in his favour...

Knight of God likes this

Kiko played behind one of the best d-lines last year and the Bills defense was stout without him...think ya are exaggerating the impact losing him will have on that team lol

D#x3 likes this

Kiko played behind one of the best d-lines last year and the Bills defense was stout without him...think ya are exaggerating the impact losing him will have on that team lol

My point exactly.

Every ESPN and NFL Network writer said the Bills got he better deal in the trade. IMO Kiko is a slightly above average LB in a league of mostly average LBs. And yes, he's better than any we have currently.

I think Rex's coaching can make an average LB better, it's what he's good at. But RB/Offense is not his specialty. So he got a player that needs no coaching up. I think it worked well for both teams.

Plus playing behind that dline makes and average lb much better.
SpongeDad likes this

The Murray acquisition doesn't factor in because Rex had nothing to do with that. Thats on Chip Kelly if Murray sucks.

Which goes back to my original point. I think the Eagles got the raw end of that deal. I know you're looking at it from a financial standpoint but player for player in that deal the Eagles stayed the same while the bills got better.

Which goes back to my original point. I think the Eagles got the raw end of that deal. I know you're looking at it from a financial standpoint but player for player in that deal the Eagles stayed the same while the bills got better.

When Murray and Matthews get hurt, people will understand.
TheFatboi likes this

I'm not looking purely on a financial point of view, but it has to be taken into account. Saving 9m in cap space while getting a very young LB who played at a pro bowl level and having him under his rookie contract for the next 2 years is pretty significant.

I think its easier to find a RB than it is to find a LB with Alonsos talent. Not to mention McCoy wasn't really all pro this past year and he is going to a team with a worse O line, not much of a passing threat at QB, and has had more touches than any RB the past two years.

TheFatboi likes this

I wonder what our roster would look like now at this point in free agency. Boy has put in some work in Buffalo, just an interesting thought...

You mean that great QB they signed?

think the Bills have a decent shot at a WildCard, got McCoy and Felton and added Charles Clay and Percy Harvin to help out whoever the QB is(Already had Watkins and Woods). That defense will probably be even better than last year.

Thomas Davis tore his ACL three times and he still played at a pro bowl level...

OK... How long after his ACL tears was it until he played at a Pro Bowl level?

Was it a coincidence that the Panthers also happened to rebuild their d-line right around the same time.

What Davis did was remarkable but he's the extreme outlier. He's the exception and not the rule.

FalconMama likes this

OK... How long after his ACL tears was it until he played at a Pro Bowl level?

Was it a coincidence that the Panthers also happened to rebuild their d-line right around the same time.

What Davis did was remarkable but he's the extreme outlier. He's the exception and not the rule.

Doesn't mean Kiko can't be the same way. And not every time a LB is good its because of the D line either. Thomas Davis has always been good. Regardless of if the D line was.

Point is they dumped a 27 year old RB who had more touches than anyone the past 2 years while saving about $9m in cap. And got a LB who is very young and played at a pro bowl level when healthy. Not to mention they have him for his rookie contract for 2 years. Everyone knows its 10x easier to find a RB than to find a LB who played at Alonsos level.

Don't know but if they get a qb that can really play the position at a high level, they can be dangerous

They've been saying this since Jim Kelly was gone.

It's the truth but they haven't done it in almost two decades. Rex and their GM certainly haven't had any fortune finding one themselves

Is it so hard to believe Bierman is a good backup?

He will hypnotize the coaches in practice and when the games

start they wil be mumbling "must play Biermann" to themselves

over and over. Our best chance of him coming off the field was

to not re-sign him. His powers are too great!

just remember, we are not the Saints. Their entire franchise is cratering - traded Jimmy Graham, in cap h3LL, best WR in decline, Junior Gallette makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy and talk of trading the franchise - Breesus Christ in 2016.

Let's put a smiiiiiiiiile on that face.

Rex isn't ruining that roster, he's ruining the cap. If he can get a decent Qb, they can be really good. The defense is in place, running game - check, all he needs is a Qb. Unfortunately, that's always been his Achilles heel. Hopefully for his sake, he ends with a signal caller.

Rex isn't ruining that roster, he's ruining the cap. If he can get a decent Qb, they can be really good. The defense is in place, running game - check, all he needs is a Qb. Unfortunately, that's always been his Achilles heel. Hopefully for his sake, he ends with a signal caller.

Don't know when it was updated but at the moment they still have little over $12 million left according to spoctrac, oberthecap shows $15 million so it's premature to say he's ruining their cap. Only thing they need is great qb play and you can be looking at a legit playoff contender. You also have to consider the bulk of those contracts were in place before he arrived so can't put it all on him if they end up in cap ****
TheFatboi likes this