Maybe I'm A Traitor To The Falcons...

Guest Gritz

Guest Gritz

I just purchased something off of eBay that I wish on several different levels I never had to buy.

Those of you who are friends of mine off the board know that my Pop has been been battling Alzheimer's Disease for several years now. He's in that final 7th stage. His doctor told me the other day that we are close to the end.

My mom told me about what kind (color, size, etc.) suit to buy him to be buried in.

We're from the Mississippi gulf coast so most of my family is made up of Saints fans. My pop loved the Saints more than any other sports team he ever cared about.

I bought a Saints Superbowl logo patch to slip into my Pop's suit jacket before they finally bury him.

There aren't many fans around who have loved the Falcons as long and as passionately as I have....but I love my Pop too and wanted him to take that with him.

Take Falcon fan points away from me if you have to.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased something off of eBay that I wish on several different levels I never had to buy.

Those of you who are friends of mine off the board know that my Pop has been been battling Alzheimer's Disease for several years now. He's in that final 7th stage. His doctor told me the other day that we are close to the end.

My mom told me about what kind (color, size, etc.) suit to buy him to be buried in.

We're from the Mississippi gulf coast so most of my family is made up of Saints fans. My pop loved the Saints more than any other sports team he ever cared about.

I bought a Saints Superbowl logo patch to slip into my Pop's suit jacket before they finally bury him.

There aren't many fans around who have loved the Falcons as long and as passionately as I have....but I love my Pop too and wanted him to take that with him.

Nah bro. No points will be taken away. If anything you gain points. Losing a loved one is tough. My condolences.

Love you man. You know we are homeboys, you would be surprised at the amount of Saints in my family. People need to google the Manning family. My family is from the same area. Archie's mom taught my dad in grade school. I'm the traitor in my fam...:)

God bless you brother and if you need me let me know.

Sorry to hear about your father Gritz and nothing but noble what you did.

I have a dear friend with Cerebral Palsy that is a die hard Aints fan. Any time I see Aints merchandise in a store I buy it for him without hesitation. Family is family despite their poor taste.

Just curious how did you ever become a Falcons fan? My dad watching them and taking me to their games as a kid made me one.

Family runs deeper than any allegiance to any sports team. My condolences to you and your family as well.

My mother and uncles are also from Mississippi and Saints fans. True fans. Not Brees era fans.

They gave me grief when the Saints won the Super Bowl, and I was upset about it at first. But then I couldn't help but smile because my family was happy and excited. So I was happy for them.

May family find peace, comfort, and rest during this trying time.

Rest in Peace Pops.

Edited by Sui_Generis