Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Moeaki Signed

90 posts in this topic

The draft is looking more BPA by the min! I love it!! Roster is filling in quite nicely so far, i'll take it get the world beaters in the draft and next year the FAs will come

Sheldon Cooper likes this

With Moeaki, Toilolo, and Tamme we dont HAVE to draft a TE but I bet we aim to. One of these guys may not make the team but two good depth signings. Toilolo should have #2 locked down due to blocking but he better start working on his hands none the less.

I like it.

So does this mean that Toilolo is on the way out?

I think Toilolo is safe as the blocking TE. Moeaki is a longshot because he is brittle albeit talented. Moeaki will battle Tamme for #3 IMO as we should target Walford or O'Leary in rd 3.

Falcons signed TE Tony Moeaki, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year contract.

Moeaki ended 2014 with the Seahawks, catching eight passes in six games while battling calf and shoulder ailments. He missed the Bills' entire preseason with a hamstring issue. Moeaki has always had loads of pass-catching talent, but has struggled with durability as much as anyone in the league. He's reuniting with ex-Seahawks DC Dan Quinn in Atlanta. Moeaki will have to have a healthy camp to ensure a spot on the Falcons' 53-man roster.
Mar 19 - 3:15 PM

Now THOSE are "injury prone" injuries. Hamstrings, calf, groin, shoulder.

Former KC and Seattle TE

I must say, I can't wait to see how Dan Quinn puts this "sea of mediocrity" all together ---- I'm sure he has a plan, like all coaches do --- just can't fathom, right now, how it's all going to work out, to make a team with a LOT of average, to below average players, into a Playoff worthy team, like we're all hoping for.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised, though ---

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!

Let's not act like he or Tamme were the first choice. The team made a strong effort to sign Lance Kendricks (financially), but it's nice to see that they aren't panicking. This is a good pickup

Yes sir! He is a very good TE when healthy. Very clutch. Wanted to sign him. Will he be healthy here? IDK but I know it's worth the price he is going to make to take a chance.

You'd think the team with the worst depth in the league would have fans more appreciative of depth signings and might understand by now that not every signing is supposed to be a splash.

Well if we did have 1 splash signing that would make sense.

I remember Chief fans saying he was the next Tony Gonzalez, but that was like 5 years ago.

Well Gonzalez was nothing special before he got here so let's hope lightning strikes twice.

I like it. This is a weak TE draft. Lets get some TE competition with guys who have been featured before and get some production on the cheap.

That's it in a nutshell. This draft is weak at the TE position. The Falcons have to take all these variables into consideration often years in advance. There is way too much money involved not to have your collective **** together.

Toilolo is just 23. We've brought in a pair of veterans who can teach him more about playing the position...such as catching balls that hit you squarely in the hands.

Moeaki, someone I've always thought could be great, isn't a lock to make the team, though. He'll need a strong camp where he never signals a trainer.