Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spanish_falcon

Moeaki Signed

92 posts in this topic

You'd think the team with the worst depth in the league would have fans more appreciative of depth signings and might understand by now that not every signing is supposed to be a splash.

You do realize that "depth" requires players who can be ready to play any given Sunday, not a bunch of guys who are all likely to be on IR at the same time?

Wow, I get signing some depth players...but every signing has been for depth almost. Reed and Durant are starters yes...but that just speaks to how bad our LB rotation was. Same goes for this Moeaki signing, this guy is a #2 TE in this league. This is depressing. All that cap space spent on depth...not one high caliber starter. All that cap space is for 2 two above average and a load depth chart players. Come DQ, TD, sign at least one high caliber starter!

Wow, I get signing some depth players...but every signing has been for depth almost. Reed and Durant are starters yes...but that just speaks to how bad our LB rotation was. Same goes for this Moeaki signing, this guy is a #2 TE in this league. This is depressing. All that cap space spent on depth...not one high caliber starter. All that cap space is for 2 two above average and a load depth chart players. Come DQ, TD, sign at least one high caliber starter!

So why were both starters on their previous teams?

We have to accept the fact that the current FA market is a scrap heap of injury risks and character risks. It's a gamble. This guy had enough upside for KC to trade the greatest TE of all time, and one of the greatest players in their history.

It's a low risk/ high reward signing, that gives us more flexibility in the draft where the TE talent is thin.

It's looking more and more like Quinn wants to fill the offensive gaps with el-cheapo FAs, so that he can the draft mainly for Defense. It should not be shocking if we go D with the first three rounds.

RyanC likes this

Wow, I get signing some depth players...but every signing has been for depth almost. Reed and Durant are starters yes...but that just speaks to how bad our LB rotation was. Same goes for this Moeaki signing, this guy is a #2 TE in this league. This is depressing. All that cap space spent on depth...not one high caliber starter. All that cap space is for 2 two above average and a load depth chart players.

Come DQ, TD, sign at least one high caliber starter!

Next year

Injuries have been big setback for this guy. He had a good rookie year and was expected to blow up, but hasnt stayed on the field. This is the defenition on a low risk high reward type of signing, I like it.

Injuries followed him in college as well. I tried to catch Hawkeye games 3 or 4 times while he was there and he was always hurt. Pro career got off to a good start, but the injuries have always followed him.

DISAPPOINTED in a major way regarding our off season. It looks like we are going 3rd tier all the way around. That's great if you have good front line players, but we don't especially on D and at the TE spot. Just look at the number of combined starts all of the guys that we signed have for 2014 vs. the maximum number of starts.

All I know is that I'm not touching a Falcons TE in my fantasy draft this year.

In a PPR league, it might make sense to draft FAlcons TEs in late rounds. Every team is going to blanket Julio, so Ryan may be forced to dink and dunk all year.

Falcons signed TE Tony Moeaki, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year contract.

Moeaki ended 2014 with the Seahawks, catching eight passes in six games while battling calf and shoulder ailments. He missed the Bills' entire preseason with a hamstring issue. Moeaki has always had loads of pass-catching talent, but has struggled with durability as much as anyone in the league. He's reuniting with ex-Seahawks DC Dan Quinn in Atlanta. Moeaki will have to have a healthy camp to ensure a spot on the Falcons' 53-man roster.
Mar 19 - 3:15 PM