Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF89

Ncaa Tournament Thread

Great game. Crazy that Duke was able to accomplish it with eight scholarship players. I thought for sure Wisconsin would win when they got up by 8 or 9, but Grayson Allen went off. Like I said at the beginning of the season, I thought he would become the new JJ Redick and would embrace the hate.

Great game. Crazy that Duke was able to accomplish it with eight scholarship players. I thought for sure Wisconsin would win when they got up by 8 or 9, but Grayson Allen went off. Like I said at the beginning of the season, I thought he would become the new JJ Redick and would embrace the hate.

His game is COMPLETELY different from JJ's game. Their biggest similarity is skin color. Totally different players. Grayson isn't a heel like JJ came to be, at least not yet. He'll be a great 4 year player for Coach K.

His game is COMPLETELY different from JJ's game. Their biggest similarity is skin color. Totally different players. Grayson isn't a heel like JJ came to be, at least not yet. He'll be a great 4 year player for Coach K.

I should have worded that better. I meant it as he would be the guy that every other team hates for whatever reason. Wasn't trying to say his game was the same. Sorry that it came off that way.

I should have worded that better. I meant it as he would be the guy that every other team hates for whatever reason. Wasn't trying to say his game was the same. Sorry that it came off that way.

No worries. Winslow was this year's JJ in terms of hate. I really hope Grayson stays all 4 years. He's such a great slasher, I hope he develops into any all-around player. He's such an incredible athlete.

No worries. Winslow was this year's JJ in terms of hate. I really hope Grayson stays all 4 years. He's such a great slasher, I hope he develops into any all-around player. He's such an incredible athlete.

Yeah Allen will definitely be there all 4 years and will develop into a player other teams love to hate!! I've seen Duke play twice in person, this year and 2001 and both years they won it all. Amazing what Coach K was able to do with 8 scholly players with 4 of them being freshmen. Next year they're going to be fun to watch with Luke Kennard coming in!!

Bo Ryan not going down classy. Ripped the refs after the game and fired a shot by saying Wisconsin doesnt do "rent-a-players".

Yeah...I used to like him before that. I love how he was like "it's fine if you do rent-a-players, but we don't"...if it's no big deal, why would you even bring it up?

Yeah Allen will definitely be there all 4 years and will develop into a player other teams love to hate!! I've seen Duke play twice in person, this year and 2001 and both years they won it all. Amazing what Coach K was able to do with 8 scholly players with 4 of them being freshmen. Next year they're going to be fun to watch with Luke Kennard coming in!!

So what you're saying is you need to get season tickets from now on? biggrin.png

Bo Ryan not going down classy. Ripped the refs after the game and fired a shot by saying Wisconsin doesnt do "rent-a-players".

Bryant Gumbel called him "gracious and classy in defeat" like 3 seconds after that interview. I don't think he could believe what Ryan just said and couldn't think of anything else to say.

I'm glad Pat Forde and Dana O'Neil are running with the "Coach K is a genius for adapting to the one-and-done culture" narrative after years of vilifying Coach Cal for doing the same thing. Also this is the 2nd time in 6 years that Duke has had a cakewalk to a championship in a year that UK was the best team.

My mistake, I confused you with mdrake. Kentucky going in to the tournament was the best team but during is debatable

Im not denying Kentucky was the most talented team. If this was the NBA and it was a best of 7 theres no doubt Kentucky would have taken down the slow Bo Badgers. Kentucky was no doubt the best team all season long. However in March they were not the best team. Except for the West Virginia game, that was a slaughter. My hats off to Kentucky because its impressive just getting to 38 wins. I am pretty stoked though thatthe title is headed to Durham in what was suppose to be a historic year for Kentucky. I just wanted that added joy of being the team to end that historic run. Maybe next year.

Im not denying Kentucky was the most talented team. If this was the NBA and it was a best of 7 theres no doubt Kentucky would have taken down the slow Bo Badgers. Kentucky was no doubt the best team all season long. However in March they were not the best team. Except for the West Virginia game, that was a slaughter. My hats off to Kentucky because its impressive just getting to 38 wins. I am pretty stoked though thatthe title is headed to Durham in what was suppose to be a historic year for Kentucky. I just wanted that added joy of being the team to end that historic run. Maybe next year.

as i mentioned a few days ago my kentucky friends were not happy, but it made it worst that it was Duke who won the game in what was supposed to be their historic undefeated title season. they are quite upset today. one mentioned to me they should change the ncaa tournament to a double elimination tourney. i went to the kentucky board and see a few wildcat fans have the same feeling. the ncaa tourney is great how it is. they went on a great run and were the most talented team in the nation, but the fact that it was stopped by Wisconsin and then that team goes on to lose to Duke a 2nd time this year. That's just why I love the ncaa tourney. Who knows what will happen from game to game.

I'm a long time Carolina fan. My next two favorite teams are whoever beat Dook last and whoever beat UK last. I would have rooted for (uggghhh...) Kentucky, had they played Dook last night. With that being said, the best team is the one that cuts down the nets. Kentucky's 38-1 is in the books, so if you're caught up on what could have been, let it go. They had their chance and lost.

as i mentioned a few days ago my kentucky friends were not happy, but it made it worst that it was Duke who won the game in what was supposed to be their historic undefeated title season. they are quite upset today. one mentioned to me they should change the ncaa tournament to a double elimination tourney. i went to the kentucky board and see a few wildcat fans have the same feeling. the ncaa tourney is great how it is. they went on a great run and were the most talented team in the nation, but the fact that it was stopped by Wisconsin and then that team goes on to lose to Duke a 2nd time this year. That's just why I love the ncaa tourney. Who knows what will happen from game to game.

Double elimination...are you serious? Might as well make it a round robin. Each team plays 67 games in the opening round laugh.png