People Need To Chill Out On The Kroy Signing

raumin

Let's put things in perspective. Kroy was NEVER suppose to ever be the answer at DE. This wasn't a guy we drafted in the first round, or some FA we paid huge dollars to bring in. Kroy is simply an above average player. Not great but just a hair above good. He is the type of player you want all your average players to be, because not all of the players on your roster are going to be amazing or even pro bowlers. Every team has their studs, their over achievers, their average, and their bums and busts.

You can't avoid bums and busts, but at least you want your average players (the bulk of your roster) to be better than "average" and that's what Kroy is. Kroy has a high motor, doesn't take plays off, and plays to the max of his abilities That's what you want out of someone who isn't expected to be a corner stone or an elite athlete.

Abe was cut, the other DE FA tuned into a model (can't think of his name, from Minnesota), none of the zillions of late round DE projects we drafted panned out, and Osi was riding on empty. So, don't get mad if Kroy didn't turn into Lawrence Taylor because he's the only one left standing or none of the younger "projects" couldn't take his seat. He's just a high motor guy that plays above his average. I wish ALL our dead beats played like that.

Look at him like the Snelling of our defense. Moving forward we probably got him at a reduced price, he adds to the depth, and any positive plays only adds to the equation. Kroy might still get cut but either way I'm sure his starting days are over, and he might be now where he should have been all along on this roster.

Let's put things in perspective. Kroy was NEVER suppose to ever be the answer at DE. This wasn't a guy we drafted in the first round, or some FA we paid huge dollars to bring in. Kroy is simply an above average player. Not great but just a hair above good. He is the type of player you want all your average players to be, because not all of the players on your roster are going to be amazing or even pro bowlers. Every team has their studs, their over achievers, their average, and their bums and busts.

You can't avoid bums and busts, but at least you want your average players (the bulk of your roster) to be better than "average" and that's what Kroy is. Kroy has a high motor, doesn't take plays off, and plays to the max of his abilities That's what you want out of someone who isn't expected to be a corner stone or an elite athlete.

Abe was cut, the other DE FA tuned into a model (can't think of his name, from Minnesota), none of the zillions of late round DE projects we drafted panned out, and Osi was riding on empty. So, don't get mad if Kroy didn't turn into Lawrence Taylor because he's the only one left standing or none of the younger "projects" couldn't take his seat. He's just a high motor guy that plays above his average. I wish ALL our dead beats played like that.

Look at him like the Snelling of our defense. Moving forward we probably got him at a reduced price, he adds to the depth, and any positive plays only adds to the equation. Kroy might still get cut but either way I'm sure his starting days are over, and he might be now where he should have been all along on this roster.

As I said in another thread Korys #s are not bad for a 5th round pick

So you're basically saying if we all lower our expectations bc he wasn't a high draft pick then the falcons are getting fair value? As if stars can't be found in the late rounds. So u want to compromise & concede that it's ok to accept less? Nice.

No but compared to other 5th round draft picks around the NFL his production is way above average and that just pisses off all the TD and Kroy hate mongers

So you're basically saying if we all lower our expectations bc he wasn't a high draft pick then the falcons are getting fair value? As if stars can't be found in the late rounds. So u want to compromise & concede that it's ok to accept less? Nice.

Stars can be found in the late round but if Kroy was a star in the late round then great, but if you're objective is to bolster the depth chart with mid level guys who don't cost a ton then maybe Kroy WAS the only option that gave you the best bang for your buck.

We tried to land Morgan but it didn't work out and Hardy was NEVER on our radar, so plan B was to focus on mid level depth.

I think there as so many posters on here that derive some sort of feelings of acceptance or sense of belonging if they can jam another harpoon into this "hate kroy" dialogue. I'll use a word that I feel applies at a fair amount of posters. Immature.

Do I think Kroy should be one of the guys we rely on for pass rush? Of course not. But I just don't feel it necessary to derail the guy when he's doing everything in his power to fulfill the job he's been given by the Atlanta Falcons.

I can understand the frustration against the management for not finding a pass rush. We're waaaay overdue. Kroy is a freaking overachiever. A 5th rounder who never takes plays off and never gives up. He just doesn't get the QB on the ground enough. But he is a hustler and so far, nobody has been able to keep him on the bench. So props to the guy. Lets see what develops this year & finally see if the Quinn plan is better than what we've had to swallow for the last few years.

But this Kroy Drama thing is enough to make me puke. Frustration at management, OK, but little teenage girly drama queen kroy antics? Give me a freakin break. Please!!

I think there as so many posters on here that derive some sort of feelings of acceptance or sense of belonging if they can jam another harpoon into this "hate kroy" dialogue. I'll use a word that I feel applies at a fair amount of posters. Immature.

Do I think Kroy should be one of the guys we rely on for pass rush? Of course not. But I just don't feel it necessary to derail the guy when he's doing everything in his power to fulfill the job he's been given by the Atlanta Falcons.

I can understand the frustration against the management for not finding a pass rush. We're waaaay overdue. Kroy is a freaking overachiever. A 5th rounder who never takes plays off and never gives up. He just doesn't get the QB on the ground enough. But he is a hustler and so far, nobody has been able to keep him on the bench. So props to the guy. Lets see what develops this year & finally see if the Quinn plan is better than what we've had to swallow for the last few years.

But this Kroy Drama thing is enough to make me puke. Frustration at management, OK, but little teenage girly drama queen kroy antics? Give me a freakin break. Please!!

We have the winning post!

The problem is too many guys live in fantasy land on this board. "There are pro bowlers in the 5th round, so dammit why isn't ours one!"

Every team has talent distribution. You can't avoid it. ****, we can't even prove that all 1st rounders pan out (Baker, Spoon... ....)

Every roster in the NFL has the same weighted average of talent. Some guys are elite, some guys are good, some guys are average, and some guys are below average. Does anyone have a 53 man pro bowl roster?

So managing the distribution of talent based on playing time and price is something you HAVE to maximize. We know Kroy isn't dirt, we know Kroy isn't a cancer, we know Kroy plays with a high motor, and we know Kroy doesn't take plays off. We also know Kroy isn't a every down guy, isn't an elite, isn't a max contract guy, or shouldn't be your premier pass rusher.

So, Kroy can be a contribution to this team if used correctly at the correct price point.

Let me put it to you like this, if we never had issues at DE and our draft picks and FAs all panned out and Kroy was who he is now but someone deep in the rotation (12-16 snaps). This board would be saying the opposite about him. "I wish all our average players played like Kroy", "Kroy is a great depth guy","What he lacks in athletic ability he makes up with heart".

It's a fair point. I'm the first to admit I'm peeved because he got all the defensive snaps and did nothing to deserve them last season. If he'd been a rotational piece, I wouldn't complain. I thought he was overpaid, over-played and he under-delivered.

If he got a cheap contract and comes back as a utility piece, I'm okay with that. It's the notion that he's going to be lining up opposite our main pass rusher (whoever the **** that is) that bugs me. I'm hoping that's not the case, but I was also hoping we wouldn't re-sign him, so........

I think it is BS that he has gotten any playing time while we don't develop younger guys that could actually contribute…the last in the world i want is a guy over 30 who has a high motor or we are expecting to improve…he is average and how many players development suffered because he was playing? if you are gonna win 10 games in two years at least see what you have got with young guys rather than putting an old limited player on the field.