Looks Like We Signed Tamme Per Mclure...

Ryan2White

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. All I know is Tammie is a good route runner and he catches the ball. He'll excel as a possession (3rd down) receiver.

i read an article stating that he was possibly going to be a backup/relief TE for us. Which leaves me to think that there are plans to go after one high in the draft, not our first pick obviously.

His numbers seems to be better in years where he was thrown to alot. Means he can be a decent receiver when used.

Any receivers numbers look better when they're thrown to more. Harry Douglas wasn't a great receiver but he had 1,000 yards because Ryan's much better targets weren't playing. Tamme has no upside, I hope this deal is dirt cheap, it isn't an upgrade

Edited by McNulty

Very very underwhelming signing to me. He doesn't have any upside to what he already is. Housler at least had ability to be a playmaker. Oh well, not a big deal signing anyways. Just another "meh" guy. I won't cry too much.

What has Housler to make you believe he has the ability to be a playmaker? I'll Toilolo over Housler in a heart beat! Toilolo has WAY more upside

Very very underwhelming signing to me. He doesn't have any upside to what he already is. Housler at least had ability to be a playmaker. Oh well, not a big deal signing anyways. Just another "meh" guy. I won't cry too much.

if we were not going to spend the money on Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron or Charles Clay - better to go cheap with a mediocre TE like Tamme. Apparently Housler thinks he is better than mediocre - so he can pound sand.

we just needed SOME vet on the team who is better than McClure. Tamme is not great but he at least checks that box - still need to draft one as well.

We just drafted our TE a couple years ago. He isn't done becoming what he was expected to become.

We won't draft another one unless a really good prospect is on the board past our 4th pick. With many other teams in need of a TE more than us, I highly doubt we draft one.

What has Housler to make you believe he has the ability to be a playmaker? I'll Toilolo over Housler in a heart beat! Toilolo has WAY more upside

Based on his very rare size/speed. He actually has potential. With Tamme what you see is what you get. I'd rather take a risk on Housler (assuming he is not trying to cash in on some huge contract)

We just drafted our TE a couple years ago. He isn't done becoming what he was expected to become.

We won't draft another one unless a really good prospect is on the board past our 4th pick. With many other teams in need of a TE more than us, I highly doubt we draft one.

If there is another TE with freak measurables available late I think we will take em (5th-7th rd) and rely on Tamme till one of em develops

Based on his very rare size/speed. He actually has potential. With Tamme what you see is what you get. I'd rather take a risk on Housler (assuming he is not trying to cash in on some huge contract)

Housler's agent knows the TE market is barebones right now and is very likely using that for leverage that we don't want to give in to.

Tamme will catch a minimum of 40 balls this year...I don't see the premium on TE....it's at best the 3rd option in the offense... (Julio, RB being #2)...plus we still have Roddy and Hester...

Unless you have a guy like Gronk or Graham...look at the rest of the league, who was the TE for some of these playoff teams?

Denver? (Thomas, 43 rec) Arizona? (Carlson, 33 rec) Seattle? (Wilson, 22 rec) Cincinnati? (Gresham, 62 rec) Indianapolis? (Fleener, 51 rec) Baltimore? (Daniels, 48 rec) Detroit? (Ebron, 25 rec) Green Bay? (Quarless, 29 rec)

None of those numbers or players are world beaters...TE is literally one of the positions where ahve an excellent WR or RB means you can have an average TE excel and be adequate for the passing game...Heath Miller and Travis Kelce both caught over 60 balls last year...neither of them "stretch" the field like some of you think...