This Is The Most Cap Room We've Had In A Long Time

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but whatever a head coach does, Dan Quinn has never done it before. So there is no ******* way he has as much authority as this shitshow of a front office says he has.

So now, to justify your paranoia, you are going as far as to say that its all a big sham and Quinn isnt actually in control of his own team?

Im going to quote Tuggle here. The most likely answer is usually the correct one. But folks around here have to come up with wild scenarios that have zero proof that fit their agenda.

An we are saving it for next year when Houston is on the market. Get yalls panties out of a twist...

He'll probably never hit the market. Chiefs will trade him.

Even if he hits the market I doubt we'll be able to afford him and resigning Julio at the same time... And let's not forget about all the holes we're going to have next year with these 1 year deals.

#quinning

So now, to justify your paranoia, you are going as far as to say that its all a big sham and Quinn isnt actually in control of his own team?

Im going to quote Tuggle here. The most likely answer is usually the correct one. But folks around here have to come up with wild scenarios that have zero proof that fit their agenda.

This is not Dan Quinn's team, it is Arthur Blank's. If there is one thing that King Arthur has proven over the years, it's that he doesn't know **** all about the game of football.

There is nothing wild or paranoid about what I'm saying. Just a guy telling you not to believe everything the owner of corporation tells you. Surely that isn't that insane?

LMAO.

I can't believe people still believe this.

Dan Quinn is a first year head coach, but he's strong-arming Blank's Golden Boy GM? Yeah, okay...

For the record, I'm not a believer in Dan Quinn. Yet.

I'm speechless, disappointed, and totally embarrassed. The sky is not falling it's just a shame that the FO couldn't do better. I don't need to see the draft or anything else to know that not enough was done. Everyone will see the results or lack there of shortly. Get your PSL's while they're hot.

10 days into free agency and here we are....

Meanwhile, we've got a lot of cap room and there are more than a few FAs available that could help this team. And there will be additional FAs as further cuts are made.

I wish we wouldnt have resigned Kroy and I wish we would have signed Morgan. But I'm not gonna piss my pants crying about it. The team's talent level has increased in a smart, sound way.

I wanted Hardy, but after seeing what the Cowboys paid him- **** that.

Guess you haven't seen Hardy's deal then because it is a great deal for the cowgirls

New Cowboys RE Greg Hardy's one-year contract has a base value of $11.3 million, but $9.25 million is tied up in per-game roster bonuses.

The Cowboys protected themselves against Hardy spending more time on the Commissioner's Exempt List by making his base salary ($750,000) as low as possible. Per-game roster bonuses are self explanatory; if Hardy isn't playing in games he won't be getting that money. Hardy can earn over $1.3 million just by reporting to offseason workouts. He can get another $1.8044 million through incentives based on sacks. This was a smartly-structured contract by the Cowboys.

No portion of the deal is guaranteed.

Mar 18 - 7:31 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

The conspiracy theorists are making up more **** every day.

Not only is every bad decision no involving Quinn in any way, but now the statements made about Quinn having final say over the 53 are a lie, and apparently Blank is involved in every roster decision as well.

Wouldn't it be easier for y'all just to say that Quinn is awful? I mean, it's not like he's really done anything yet anyway right, so wouldn't that be easier than this convoluted mess of a theory? It'd be less to remember at the very least.

The conspiracy theorists are making up more **** every day.

Not only is every bad decision no involving Quinn in any way, but now the statements made about Quinn having final say over the 53 are a lie, and apparently Blank is involved in every roster decision as well.

Wouldn't it be easier for y'all just to say that Quinn is awful? I mean, it's not like he's really done anything yet anyway right, so wouldn't that be easier than this convoluted mess of a theory? It'd be less to remember at the very least.

Yeah, ive heard them say Quinn has full control over the roster too

Blank said he has final say over the roster.

The roster yes, but TD is lining up all the talent for him to choose from is my take.

The writing is on the wall after the Kory Beercan signing

EDIT: I should of worded first post better when i look at it

Edited by D#x3

The roster yes, but TD is lining up all the talent for him to choose from is my take.

The writing is on the wall after the Kory Beercan signing

EDIT: I should of worded first post better when i look at it

We've already seen how TD worked with Smith to get what he wanted. They worked hand in hand to build the roster. What reason do we have to believe that his relationship with Quinn is any different? Quinn also reports directly to Blank. If TD was really this tyrant, doing everything differently than Quinn wanted and forcing players down his throat, wouldn't Quinn be saying something to Arthur about this?

We've already seen how TD worked with Smith to get what he wanted. They worked hand in hand to build the roster. What reason do we have to believe that his relationship with Quinn is any different? Quinn also reports directly to Blank. If TD was really this tyrant, doing everything differently than Quinn wanted and forcing players down his throat, wouldn't Quinn be saying something to Arthur about this?

Are you privvy to conversations they have had? lol

So what you are saying is, Smitty was a chitful talent evaluator and TD went along for the ride. DQ is a great talent evaluator and TD will go along for the ride again?

Do you think TD signed KB71 or do you think DQ wanted him signed?

Maybe DQ doesnt want to upset the apple cart so he is fine with TD signing scrub after scrub knowing he'll cut the dead wood?

The majority of our signings have been "prove it" contracts, now doesn't it make sense to carryover as much cap as possible... you now, just in case they do.

Worst case scenario for me is Clayborn and co ball out, TD grabs the contracts out and signs them up to multi year deals and then they go on to be injury prone again.

Thats why i dont like 1 yr deals, they should be 2 yr prove it deals.