Antone Smith's Contract Details

theProf

1-_______

2-Freeman

3-Smith(+ST's)

4-_______

We need a starter. Need back end depth too. I like the depth though.

Kyle Shanahan has typically only kept 3 RBs on his roster as offensive coordinator. That was his M.O. in Houston, in Washington, and in Cleveland.

I can't find a single example of one of his teams carrying 4 RBs from '08 - '14. Years where his teams used more than 3 RBs was always because of injury or cutting someone due to poor performance.

If we have a "#4 running back" this season, it will probably be a stash on the practice squad.

I think the goal in the draft will be to find a "thunder" to Freeman and Smith's "lightning." Someone like Jeremy Langford or David Cobb makes a lot of sense in the middle rounds of the draft.

I like it. My two concerns prior to FA with re-signing Antone were:

1) He's almost 30, and when his speed goes, there isn't much else to his game.

2) I thought another team might pay him 3+ million a year to be a Sproles type of back.

A one-year fairly cheap deal alleviates both of those concerns. Good stuff.

vaughn mcclure @vxmcclure23 · 52m 52 minutes ago

Antone Smith signed a 1-year deal with the Falcons with a base salary of $1.2 million. Received $200,000 signing bonus. Cap number $1.4 mil

I like it!!! Antone is one of my favorite players --- very exciting when he gets the ball, not to mention his stellar performance on Special Teams! I think he deserved a 2 year, 2 Mill. contract, though.

If he tears it up this year, they may want to do better next time.

GO, YOU DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!