What's Your "small Board" Look Like?

Artys Arryn

So I've seen tons of posts stating something to the effect of, "If x, y, and z are gone at 8, who do you pick?". So I thought maybe we could each post the Top 8 players on our Falcons Big Board. I'm mostly just curious as some people seem to have some interesting rankings. Also worth noting, I'm not asking for where you would look for a trade back, I just want to know your top 8 players. Hypothetically assume a trade back is impossible if you need to.

Mine would be:

1.) Vic Beasley - been on the Beasley hype train since January. I honestly think he will be completely dominant at the next level.

2.) Leonard Williams - arguably a better prospect than Beasley but not as good of a fit. However if he somehow fell to 8 and Beasley is gone, he's my pick.

3.) Shane Ray - I recently saw the term "alpha male" applied to Ray and I think that's incredibly accurate. He plays with the type of intensity and aggressiveness that I think we sorely need.

4.) Bud Dupree - Incredibly raw but I've fallen in love with his first step. He's a natural freak athlete that IMO can be coached up to be something special.

5.) Dante Fowler Jr. - Great size and athleticism. Versatility to play different spots along the line and drop back into coverage. Quinn loves versatility, therefore Quinn will love Fowler.

6.) Randy Gregory - He may be my lowest rated of the top pass rushers but I still like him quite a bit. He's flashed a lot on film, hopefully he can add a little muscle for the next level.

7.) Brandon Scherff - It would be a shame to miss out on the pass rushers but what a consolation prize. The guy is a monster. Would be another cornerstone to our oline.

8.) Kevin White - If all else fails, getting an heir for Roddy wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. At this point everyone is aware of White's production and athleticism.

So, there's mine, what about yours?

Guest Mr Plow

1) Dante Fowler, Jr.

2) Vic Beasley

3) Shane Ray

4) Bud Dupree

5) Randy Gregory

6) Leonard Williams

7) Brandon Scherff

8) Danny Shelton

Why Cooper and White over Williams and Ray? Or where you leaving Williams out due to him supposedly being a top 5 autopick?

Yeah I wasn't giving Williams a chance to be there. I think he is slightly overrated though. He is good but people comparing him to suh like dominace is ridiculous.

I would put Williams 3rd if I thought we could get him.

Ray I'm not a fan of

1) Dante Fowler, Jr.

2) Vic Beasley

3) Shane Ray

4) Bud Dupree

5) Randy Gregory

6) Leonard Williams

7) Brandon Scherff

8) Danny Shelton

I can respect that. Shelton would probably be my 9th and I wouldn't be upset if he turned out to be the pick, assuming the pass rushers are gone.

Yeah I wasn't giving Williams a chance to be there. I think he is slightly overrated though. He is good but people comparing him to suh like dominace is ridiculous.
I would put Williams 3rd if I thought we could get him.
Ray I'm not a fan of
Yeah, I agree that he is just slightly overrated, that's why I still put Beasley over him if both where on the board. He isn't JJ Watt.
And fair enough with regard to Ray.
Edited by Artys Arryn

1-Fowler

2-Beasley

3-Williams

4-Cooper

5-Shelton

We would be assured of one of those 5 with Winston and Mariota ahead of our pick and probably White. Fowler or Beasley would give us a quartet of guys making us two deep at LEO and SLB. Williams would start at LDE making Clayborn #2 and pushing Biermann into the 4 man rotation between Reed, Schofield, and Shembo of may the best two win starting SLB and LEO jobs while other two sub. Cooper would make White a cap casualty next year. Shelton would push Jackson to RDT and make Babinaux a cap casualty this year and Soliai or Jackson one next year. If I got Shelton #1 I would still take Bennett in rd 2 if he is there. Babinaux and Jackson may both get cut this year in that scenario. Jackson as june 1st cut.

1. Vic Beasley
  2. Dante Fowler
  3. Leonard Williams
  4. Shane Ray
  5. Bud Dupree
  6. Randy Gregory

those are my six and we are virtually guaranteed to get at least one of them as we should see at least 1 QB (Winston) and likely either/or both on Mariota(QB) or White/Cooper(WR).

With TD still clearly calling the shots and knowing he doesn't put a premium on pass rushers, I think we draft Copper or Collins

See, I was kind of waiting for someone to mention Collins. My two biggest issues with Collins is 1.) He's a SS imo and 2.) He just isn't dominant enough to go top 10. He's a solid player but I don't think he would improve our defense that much.

Cann that high on your board? What do you like about him over Scherff? I haven't watched much on him (a highlight video I think).

I think he's good enough to warrant the pick, yeah. Would obviously rather him in the 2'nd but worse case scenario I wouldn't complain with him in the 1'st. He's impressed me more than any interior lineman has in... a long time. Consistently stronger than anyone he's blocking, really intelligent, keeps his head on a swivel, first guy out on pulls and screens... people say he's not athletic but I really don't see that at all. I really have not seen bad tape from him. Apparently he's a leader type to boot. Nothing to dislike.

I think he's good enough to warrant the pick, yeah. Would obviously rather him in the 2'nd but worse case scenario I wouldn't complain with him in the 1'st. He's impressed me more than any interior lineman has in... a long time. Consistently stronger than anyone he's blocking, really intelligent, keeps his head on a swivel, first guy out on pulls and screens... people say he's not athletic but I really don't see that at all. I really have not seen bad tape from him. Apparently he's a leader type to boot. Nothing to dislike.

Sounds great. I think OG is where we go in the second so I need to watch more of the oline class. Any particular games I should watch of his?