Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BankerBird™

Kroy Re-Signed

802 posts in this topic

The one thing -- the ONLY thing -- that gives me some hope in light of this is Brian Finneran. Finn was put in the spotlight as the no. 1. He was terrible. We called him "skillet hands." When they posted pictures of him carrying his kids people said things like "someone grab those kids before Finneran drops them."

Then we got a real no. 1 and he became a rotational piece and was a fan favorite again. Maybe all Kroy needs is to be put in as a rotational piece to have a resurgence.

I'm grasping at straws here. Largely because we still don't have the bona fide pass rusher we need to bump him out of a starting role. Right now, he's either competing with Reed and Shembo at SAM, or competing with Schofield for LEO. I don't like either option.

Love the way this thread has gone from shock, to anger, to now rationalization that, hey it could work. Still the same Falcons. Still the same fans.

The Shotfather likes this

As a Special Teams player, I'm okay with it. After that, he needs to be on the bench. I don't care about what Smitty and company tried to do with him. I have seen enough of Kroy on the defensive side of the ball these last few seasons.

JDaveG and PokerSteve like this

The one thing -- the ONLY thing -- that gives me some hope in light of this is Brian Finneran. Finn was put in the spotlight as the no. 1. He was terrible. We called him "skillet hands." When they posted pictures of him carrying his kids people said things like "someone grab those kids before Finneran drops them."

Then we got a real no. 1 and he became a rotational piece and was a fan favorite again. Maybe all Kroy needs is to be put in as a rotational piece to have a resurgence.

I'm grasping at straws here. Largely because we still don't have the bona fide pass rusher we need to bump him out of a starting role. Right now, he's either competing with Reed and Shembo at SAM, or competing with Schofield for LEO. I don't like either option.

What should give you hope is Quinn, as in, Quinn is not Nolan. Watch, if Kroy makes it out of TC, which is hardly a given with Quinn running the show; he'll play 10-15 snaps a game.

What should give you hope is Quinn, as in, Quinn is not Nolan. Watch, if Kroy makes it out of TC, which is hardly a given with Quinn running the show; he'll play 10-15 snaps a game.

I hope. I'm stunned we completely change the FO and the game plan in FA looks similar. It seriously has me worried about the draft.

PokerSteve likes this

Kroy is a very serviceable player, everybody hates because he's not elite. He works hard, played through an injury that is not easy to recover from, and he's somewhat versatile.

spanish_falcon likes this

I don't really care if he is playing for vet minimum or if Quinn plans on using him solely as a rotational piece. This is about culture. Biermann is the poster boy of Mike Smith's BBQ buddies locker room where every vet's job was safe, competition was frowned upon, and mediocrity was not only ignored but rewarded.

Bunchy Carter and thanat0s like this

What IF Kroy was just trash in Mike Smith's system.

What IF Quinn can actually utilize this guy in a way that he shows up (DURING the game... ON the field).

I'll lash out IF he makes the final roster cuts and still does the same old sh*t.

#InQuinnITrust

What IF Kroy was just trash in Mike Smith's system.

What IF Quinn can actually utilize this guy in a way that he shows up (DURING the game... ON the field).

I'll lash out IF he makes the final roster cuts and still does the same old sh*t.

#InQuinnITrust

Lol no