Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BankerBird™

Kroy Re-Signed

802 posts in this topic

Since when are Quinn's guys literally worse than me at football?

I mean, I'm literally not worried about it. I find it a little ironic but I don't think he sees the field nearly as much as 2014. I think he was a guy they wanted to keep for depth and they let him test FA to gauge his worth, which isn't much. As mentioned by others, he's a special teamer with some value as a rotational d end. That's it.

No link. Just got an alert on my phone.

Serious, serious buzz kill. Had started getting so pumped about the 2015 Falcons. Loved the Quinn hire, liked the Reed, Durant, Schofield, & Clayborn signings. I am much higher on the Hankerson signing than I think most are (he's going to be very good here). Letting Douglas walk was a good move. But now this just destroyed all of that excitement. This had better be a vet minimum, 1 year deal, if we went multi-year for a good chunk of change when Kroy wasn't getting looks from anywhere else around the league, then this signing just went from awfully bad to abysmal.

Exactly. You get it. And that's why I'm not worried about the resigning. As long as he's amongst some players he can stay in his lane. Rotational special teamer.

I meant, he will be amongst his talent level.

Exactly. You get it. And that's why I'm not worried about the resigning. As long as he's amongst some players he can stay in his lane. Rotational special teamer.

I would fine with Kroy in that role.

I was hoping that Kroy would've been reverted back to being a rotational player the past few years, but yet he continued to find a way to continue being a starter.

Let's hope the draft and the potential post draft FAs make that possible very soon.

I mean, I'm literally not worried about it. I find it a little ironic but I don't think he sees the field nearly as much as 2014. I think he was a guy they wanted to keep for depth and they let him test FA to gauge his worth, which isn't much. As mentioned by others, he's a special teamer with some value as a rotational d end. That's it.

We'll see the terms of the contract. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets paid like 5mil per.

Godzilla1985 likes this

I'm just waiting for another signing to take attention away from this one. Most off our signings have come in pairs this offseason.

Absolutely. And quinn is smart enough to know that. I'm sure he likes Kroys versatility being able to play LB, DE, cover and play special teams. He's a utility guy and you need those types on a team.

Exactly, Quinn is not going to make Biermann the centerpiece of the D, just a piece. He drew no interest whatsoever from other teams, should have come cheap.

Funny how everybody has gone from " Quinn means Super Bowl!!!" to WTF.

Quinn is not Nolan, Nolan had a scheme he ran and tried to make players fit it, Quinn makes his scheme fit the players. In Biermann's case, that should mean he's a back up rotational piece.

Well, DQ gets final say on the roster, but I can't help but feel like TD had a play in this. Either way, it's fcking laughable. Dudes a straight clown.

No doubt this was all TD.

Flying Falcon likes this

We'll see the terms of the contract. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets paid like 5mil per.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a 1 year deal for vet minumum.

Lowery and Mass go, but we pick up Godfrey and Biermann stays? This ClownShoe organization makes me laugh so effing hard. If we don't bring Kroy back, his worthless carcass is out of the league and forgotten, and rightfully so. It's going to be dam near impossible for me to take the new regime seriously any more going forward. Really earned my disdain and contempt with this move.

Bunchy Carter and sdogg like this

Exactly, Quinn is not going to make Biermann the centerpiece of the D, just a piece. He drew no interest whatsoever from other teams, should have come cheap.

Funny how everybody has gone from " Quinn means Super Bowl!!!" to WTF.

Quinn is not Nolan, Nolan had a scheme he ran and tried to make players fit it, Quinn makes his scheme fit the players. In Biermann's case, that should mean he's a back up rotational piece.

Absolutely.