Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BankerBird™

Kroy Re-Signed

836 posts in this topic

I am just as speechless as you mono, but it is probably because we did not get Derrick Morgan and are also slated to not get a top 3 pass rusher. We basically got Obrien, Maponga as our LEO. I think both would be better than Kroy, but bringing in the dude as a camp body to prove himself is not the most terrible thing. I still think we would be better without him and this is a subtraction by addition.

We don't even need Kroy....we couldn't have done better than the 67/100 available FAs.....jeez....

I'm not gonna front. Kroy has some value. Just not as a starter. He's a good rotational guy and an excellent special teams guy. That will be his roll. He came in as a roll player and when Abe left they tried to make him the man and that's not his value.

Yep, I'm okay with this as long as Kroy winds up just being a rotational player and special teams ace, like he was back at the beginning of his career.

We were never going to touch Greg Hardy, and the Michael Bennett "rumor" appears to have been completely fabricated by Greg Hardy's camp just to drive up the Cowboys' asking price.

Who else was left on the market that would be better than Biermann at this point? Anthony Spencer? Dwight Freeney? Da'Quan Bowers? Mathias Kiwanuka? Biermann was better than all of them in 2014 except maybe Freeney, and he's 6 years younger than Freeney.

I'm not excited about this at all, but I've been expecting this signing ever since we whiffed on Derrick Morgan. And I'd rather have Kroy as a backup DE than rely on Stansly Maponga or Tyler Starr to suddenly show something.

TheFatboi likes this

In reality, Kroy is a Quinn type of guy. High effort, no nonsense kind of player. Maybe Quinn will help him get to be a 5-6 sack guy as a part of a rotation. Still need a for real pass rusher though.

What position can Kroy even play in the 4/3 under?

Too slow for LEO

Too small for DE

Maybe a backup for Reed at SAM?

SEE you a-holes wouldn't stop with the cut Kroy stuff and you spoke him back into existence!

WHY?

Cannot-be-unseen-Crushed-Cry-Crying-Deva

SyCo likes this

I'm not gonna front. Kroy has some value. Just not as a starter. He's a good rotational guy and an excellent special teams guy. That will be his roll. He came in as a roll player and when Abe left they tried to make him the man and that's not his value.

That's fine. Honestly, the worst part of it last season was them giving him the vast majority of the defensive snaps. If they give him spot duty and a rotational support role, and IF they don't pay him big $$$, I'll be okay with it.

In reality, Kroy is a Quinn type of guy. High effort, no nonsense kind of player. Maybe Quinn will help him get to be a 5-6 sack guy as a part of a rotation. Still need a for real pass rusher though.

Since when are Quinn's guys literally worse than me at football?

IF...IF he has talent around him. As of this very moment he is in good company.

Exactly. You get it. And that's why I'm not worried about the resigning. As long as he's amongst some players he can stay in his lane. Rotational special teamer.