Saints And A Top 5 Pick?

BayouBengalz

For the record I hate the idea of the Saints packaging picks to move into the top 5. The best thing imo to come out of this flurry of moves the team has made thus far, is their 9 picks. Now I will say, if we were to trade up it should be for no one other than Leonard Williams. Dudes a beast and has been called even more versatile and dominant in the trenches than stud rookie lineman Aaron Donald. Anyone else and I will be pissed!I think we'd only have to give up our 13th and 31st pick by the way, you never know but the Phins only gave up their 12th and 42nd pick in 2013 to jump to 3rd...so fellow who dats, what do you think about us potentially jumping into the top 5?

Edited by BayouBengalz

Saints need to stay where they or at.

I agree. Just curious to what others think. I really like Scherff or Collins at 13. Wouldn't mind Shelton there either. If we Draft offense in round 1 it better be at OL. Lord help me if it's a WR. Edited by BayouBengalz

If y'all got Leonard Williams, I'd be worried. Good thing that has very little chance of happening I hope

True. He's likely gone in the top 2, no later than 3. He's explosive but I think we can find a valuable DT at 13 too. I personally want LB at 13 and DT or DE at 31.

I agree. Just curious to what others think. I really like Scherff or Collins at 13. Wouldn't mind Shelton there either. If we Draft offense in round 1 it better be at OL. Lord help me if it's a WR.

If the top five pass rushers are gone then

I dont mind a WR at 13 as long as its one of the top 2.

Scherff and Collins are good possibilities

LB & T/G havent been picked by Loomis and Payton in the first. Itll be fun to watch.

Yeah y'all need a anchor like him with the 3-4 defense y'all run

We pretend to run a 3-4, most of the time were not even in a traditional 3-4 defense. I'd like Williams though, he could man the other de spot and sometimes rotate to nt. But i think a big hog like hicks is better suited to stuff the middle since he has little pass rush ability.

If the top five pass rushers are gone then

I dont mind a WR at 13 as long as its one of the top 2.

Scherff and Collins are good possibilities

LB & T/G havent been picked by Loomis and Payton in the first. Itll be fun to watch.

This is the most excited I've been for a saints draft in a while. I just hope they don't F it up by trading picks and drafting injury prone projects in the later rounds lol. But i think this Draft is deep with wr prospects so we should wait till like the 3rd round to Draft a wr imo.

Shelton is gonna be the best DT in the draft. Even better than Leonard.

Shelton is mainly a run stuffer but he does it exceptionally well. LW is much more versatile, and he sheds blocks with ease. I still think LW is the only player worth trading up for, but the good news is Shelton will likely be available at 13...

LW is still so raw football wise that he could easily be a bust. He's using his athleticism to win matchups, but the guy is undeniably a very good player. Ziggy Ansah is who he reminds me of, but Leonard Williams is a thin 300lb though.