Reasons For Optimism This Year

autigerfan

Here are my reasons for optimism. List yours.

1) New head coach - We can't officially say Quinn will be a long-term upgrade at the HC position but it is hard to argue that he will at least bring a fresh voice and new approach.

2) Kyle Shanahan - Our running game got an immediate upgrade when Shanny was hired. Look what he did last year in Cleveland with an undrafted FA and third round pick carrying the load.

3) Depth on Defense - While we don't have many standouts, we do have a lot of solid contributors and depth at most positions. If we add at least one more pass rusher we should be ok.

4) Teams in NFC South - Carolina will continue to be inconsistent on offense and slide a notch or two on defense, New Orleans is still a hot mess and Tampa is likely to be starting a rookie QB week 1.

Winning the NFC South and at least one playoff game should be attainable this year.

Edited by autigerfan

7. Smittyball has been officially flushed down the toilet. That should be worth at least 3 wins by itself.

8. Nolan and the No-Clue Defense has been officially flushed down the toilet. That should be worth at least a 5 to 6-spot jump in the defensive rankings and another 3 wins.

9. Thomas Dimitroff has allegedly been relegated to mostly contract haggling and will be taking a back seat in personnel matters to Quinn and Pioli. That should be worth at least another four wins even though it will just be his first year of non-involvement.

Add that up and that's 10 more wins than we had last year. Math isn't my strong suit, but when you put that with the 6 wins we had last year, you get 16-0! I smellz da Super Bowl confetti comin' down on me!

Championship!!!

Sg_C7i.gif

7. Smittyball has been officially flushed down the toilet. That should be worth at least 3 wins by itself.

8. Nolan and the No-Clue Defense has been officially flushed down the toilet. That should be worth at least a 5 to 6-spot jump in the defensive rankings and another 3 wins.

9. Thomas Dimitroff has allegedly been relegated to mostly contract haggling and will be taking a back seat in personnel matters to Quinn and Pioli. That should be worth at least another four wins even though it will just be his first year of non-involvement.

Add that up and that's 10 more wins than we had last year. Math isn't my strong suit, but when you put that with the 6 wins we had last year, you get 16-0! I smellz da Super Bowl confetti comin' down on me!

Championship!!!

Sg_C7i.gif

7 I totally agree with, but I don't think Vince Lombardi could've done anything with the def personnel we had last year.