Durant Ready To Help Key A Falcons Resurgence

MayorWest13

The 2015 NFL season will be the first campaign for the Atlanta Falcons under head coach Dan Quinn, who recently shared his continued excitement to get started with his players via Twitter. When the players arrive, goals will be discussed for each position group and team-wide, each stemming from the ultimate feat of being crowned champions at the end of the year.

One of the new additions to the Falcons this year is linebacker Justin Duranticon-article-link.gif, who welcomes any and all challenges that come with turning the club into a Super Bowl contender.

"It’s always good to be a part of a resurgence," Durant said. "I’m looking forward to that challenge. I know Coach (Quinn) is going to put everybody in the right spot to be able to succeed in the defense, and he’s going to get the right people out there on the field, and I’m just excited to even be a part of it."

Quinn's coaching resume, his energy for the game and his genuine passion for his players' well-being are just a few reasons why guys like Durant signed a contract to play in Atlanta.

The move also brings challenges like facing high-profile players in this league, like New Orleans Saints signal-caller Drew Brees and Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, just to name a few.

Thriving in Quinn's scheme will require tireless work in the offseason, meticulous study of the playbook and hours of film study, preparing for each opposition in 2015.

"Throughout this league, it’s going to be hard every week," Durant said. "There’s so much talent across the board. You have guys like Drew Brees, one of the best to ever do it, and his ability to get the ball to his receivers is amazing. Cam is one of the best athletes to ever to do it as well, with his arm and with his legs. It’s definitely going to be a challenge, but hopefully we’ll get everything in place and we’ll be able to cause some problems."

Edited by MayorWest13

The 2015 NFL season will be the first campaign for the Atlanta Falcons under head coach Dan Quinn, who recently shared his continued excitement to get started with his players via Twitter. When the players arrive, goals will be discussed for each position group and team-wide, each stemming from the ultimate feat of being crowned champions at the end of the year.

One of the new additions to the Falcons this year is linebacker Justin Duranticon-article-link.gif, who welcomes any and all challenges that come with turning the club into a Super Bowl contender.

"It’s always good to be a part of a resurgence," Durant said. "I’m looking forward to that challenge. I know Coach (Quinn) is going to put everybody in the right spot to be able to succeed in the defense, and he’s going to get the right people out there on the field, and I’m just excited to even be a part of it."

Quinn's coaching resume, his energy for the game and his genuine passion for his players' well-being are just a few reasons why guys like Durant signed a contract to play in Atlanta.

The move also brings challenges like facing high-profile players in this league, like New Orleans Saints signal-caller Drew Brees and Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, just to name a few.

Thriving in Quinn's scheme will require tireless work in the offseason, meticulous study of the playbook and hours of film study, preparing for each opposition in 2015.

"Throughout this league, it’s going to be hard every week," Durant said. "There’s so much talent across the board. You have guys like Drew Brees, one of the best to ever do it, and his ability to get the ball to his receivers is amazing. Cam is one of the best athletes to ever to do it as well, with his arm and with his legs. It’s definitely going to be a challenge, but hopefully we’ll get everything in place and we’ll be able to cause some problems."

Get players who are excited to be here with Coach Quinn or pay high dollar for a guy who just wants high dollar? I will take the hungry guys who are excited to be with the Falcons instead of some guy looking for top dollar.

Kinda makes me wish this was year the Falcons were the featured team on Hard Knocks. While I know that rebuilding is going to take time and i am really trying no to expect too much out of this year, Im really excited to see what these guys can do this year.

Yeah, I would love to get some more Falcons Hard Knocks this season.

The 9 eligible teams this year are:

Titans

Jaguars

Buccaneers

Vikings

Texans

Rams

Giants

Browns

Redskins

But of course another team can always volunteer to be on the show, like we did last season.

Of the teams listed, I'd probably be most interested in watching the Jaguars or Vikings... relatively new coaching staffs with young QBs.

Though of course the Browns or Redskins would come with plenty of drama.

Durant is a GREAT addition. If he is on the field for all 16 games we will have a better D. He is a run and hit LB with great speed

And you have what evidence for this? This guy hasn't done much, then gets blown up when he finally gets on the field.

Sure, we all HOPE he does well, but to count on him would be foolish.

I'm probably most excited yet nervous about Durant for all our FA's. He could be one of the best players on our D, but we really need him to stay healthy.

My cousin Jeremy Mincey said we were getting a beast. Said he wished the Cowboys kept him. Actually he said we signed a breast lol. D@mn auto correct. Lol. I'll post the text in a bit.

And you have what evidence for this? This guy hasn't done much, then gets blown up when he finally gets on the field.

Sure, we all HOPE he does well, but to count on him would be foolish.

Not counting on him, but he was having a Pro Bowl year before he got injured last year and the few Cowboys fans I'm friends with say he looked like the best player on that defense. The Cowboys message boards say that too. It's reasonable to be optimistic, while wary due to the injury.