Which Current Defender Will Benefit Most From Quinn?

ATLFalcon36

Which player from last years D do you think will benefit most from Quinn's coaching and emphasis on developing players?

My personal vote is Ra'shede Hageman. He really started dominating at the end of last year, and I think with Cox staying on staff that Quinn will turn him into potentially a perennial Pro Bowl type player. If he can anchor that 3-tech spot and be versatile on the line it could change the whole landscape of our defense.

The other wild card for me is Malliciah Goodman. Quinn is having him change up his body type and with his teaching of using your hands, attacking and a more technical teaching approach, he may develop into the Bennett-type player Quinn wants.

Thoughts?

Two very good answers. Less so from Quinn's personal tutelage, but I'd argue Robert Alford has a good shot at having a good season as well. He has shown some really terrific flashes, and he benefits from playing hands on, physical press coverage. Shembo is another good shot to do well as a situational pass rusher, and I could see Worrilow doing well when he's not the only decent LB. Southward at CB should be interesting.

But about the line, when you're just talking about Quinn's specialty, your two answers are bang on.

Hageman and Goodman are two I hope to see a lot more from. I'd also expect to see a better Soliai, not so much from tutelage, but from getting back to form being in a better scheme.

One of the guys I think could take a big step forward is Shembo. He's a huge question mark for me. He could turn out to be very pedestrian and I wouldn't be surprised, but he also has some James Harrison qualities. So that guy could range from low level backup, to quality rusher...curious to see how it plays out.

I know who won't benefit if Hardy signs with Tampa. Should be obvious.

Yeah, you would think that would be the case.

Not thrilled about him going to big D either, especially since Jerry traded up in front of us during

last year's draft & drafted Demarcus Lawrence away from us.

Lawrence was hurt last year, this year he's back, probably with Hardy, the edge rushers we could've had if everything shook out differently.

In addition to Hageman, also hoping for improvement out of Alford & Southward.

Yeah, you would think that would be the case.

Not thrilled about him going to big D either, especially since Jerry traded up in front of us during

last year's draft & drafted Demarcus Lawrence away from us.

Lawrence was hurt last year, this year he's back, probably with Hardy, the edge rushers we could've had if everything shook out differently.

In addition to Hageman, also hoping for improvement out of Alford & Southward.

[/indent]

Nothing we can do about the Lawrence thing. They jumped us. Sucks.

I'm going to say Cliff Mathews. He's got the size, power and better initial quickness than Goody. He's also shown some dumb luck for being around the ball at the right time. Also, even though they signed him cheap, they signed him while letter other players walk so, Quinn must have seen something he likes.

Behind them I see PW and Rocky doing some good things as well.