Why I Think Signing Hardy Would Have Been Smart!

rollo lawson

First off, by acquiring Hardy, you would secure a "proven" pass rusher via free agency. By doing that, you are not reaching for your pass rusher you really don't want at #8 because one of your favorites is not there,i.e. Bud Dupree at #8. This would give you the flexibility to trade back, get extra picks, and still get your guy, while have your proven vet. already on board to pair with him.

Also, you keep him from your rivals. As it stands now, Tampa and Dallas are in the running for his services. With our offensive tackle situation, I do not want to see Hardy twice a year with the Bucs. We had the opportunity to bolster our rush and strike fear in opposing NFC South

qbs. Now we are sitting here wondering if Reed, Clayborn, and O'Brien are the answer. I like Quinn and feel that he is a good coach. But I think not going after Hardy will come back to bite us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, by acquiring Hardy, you would secure a "proven" pass rusher via free agency. By doing that, you are not reaching for your pass rusher you really don't want at #8 because one of your favorites is not there,i.e. Bud Dupree at #8. This would give you the flexibility to trade back, get extra picks, and still get your guy, while have your proven vet. already on board to pair with him.

Also, you keep him from your rivals. As it stands now, Tampa and Dallas are in the running for his services. With our offensive tackle situation, I do not want to see Hardy twice a year with the Bucs. We had the opportunity to bolster our rush and strike fear in opposing NFC South

qbs. Now we are sitting here wondering if Reed, Clayborn, and O'Brien are the answer. I like Quinn and feel that he is a good coach. But I think not going after Hardy will come back to bite us.

I believe the 77% of the board that wanted Hardy already realize the points you make in your post OP.

You are not going to change the minds of the other 23% who can celebrate until we play Dallas (assuming he signs there) & we all see how anemic our pass rush continues to be with no legit pass rusher, because you know sacks are over rated. rolleyes.gif

It takes an organization with balls to step up on Hardy. The Falcons are weak. We always have been. We always will be, until there is a basic shift in philosophy from image building to team building.

lol

I believe the 77% of the board that wanted Hardy already realize the points you make in your post OP.

You are not going to change the minds of the other 23% who can celebrate until we play Dallas (assuming he signs there) & we all see how anemic our pass rush continues to be with no legit pass rusher, because you know sacks are over rated. rolleyes.gif

lololol

The difference is Jerry Jones goes to Garrett and says let's get this guy.

Blank says it's your call Quinn

Tough for a rookie HC to stick his neck out for someone like Hardy

Then Quinn has to consult with Pioli, Dimitroff, Joe Banner, Rich McKay, Freddie Falcon, Beau Bock, Dave Archer, etc. to get their OK. Everybody and their mama has to be in agreement.

oook, can't argue w/ that lol logic.

Laugh now while you can stomach it, because our Def is still gonna be fugly again this year.

What's funny to me is that the 23% is louder minority, but the 77% majority know what's up.

There are so many silly things in that post, that lol was the easiest way to address them. It would have taken me too long to type out everything. smile.png

oook, can't argue w/ that lol logic.

Laugh now while you can stomach it, because our Def is still gonna be fugly again this year.

What's funny to me is that the 23% is louder minority, but the 77% majority know what's up.

can't argue with that my friend. If the free agency period opened up the Monday after the Carolina game, while the 2014 shittt show of a season was still fresh in everyone's mind, Greg Hardy would be a Falcon. The three month layover gives fans the opportunity to fool themselves into thinking that the team is not so bad. And that all they need to do is make a few mediocre signings and all is fixed. Then we go through another season of disappointment and then the cycle begins again.

can't argue with that my friend. If the free agency period opened up the Monday after the Carolina game, while the 2014 shittt show of a season was still fresh in everyone's mind, Greg Hardy would be a Falcon. The three month layover gives fans the opportunity to fool themselves into thinking that the team is not so bad. And that all they need to do is make a few mediocre signings and all is fixed. Then we go through another season of disappointment and then the cycle begins again.

Yeah our new coaching staff with our new defensive and offensive schemes that will play to the strengths of our players instead of forcing square pegs into round holes isn't going to improve this team at all.

What if we get him and he sits for 3-6 games?

Not really, I've been on record from the beginning that I don't want him regardless. smile.png

Yeah our new coaching staff with our new defensive and offensive schemes that will play to the strengths of our players instead of forcing square pegs into round holes isn't going to improve this team at all.

I sincerely wish I believed this ^, but without any legit pass rush, I don't.

Just keep telling yourself that while it's the off season, then once the season starts & we all see how anemic our pass rush is again & wonder why that's the case.

I sincerely wish I believed this ^, but without any legit pass rush, I don't.

Just keep telling yourself that while it's the off season, then once the season starts & we all see how anemic our pass rush is again & wonder why that's the case.

You don't know any better than I do how good or bad we'll be this year. I'm optimistic we'll be better, but I can't guarantee it. You and a group of others have guaranteed we'll be bad again. There's a difference.

You don't know any better than I do how good or bad we'll be this year. I'm optimistic we'll be better, but I can't guarantee it. You and a group of others have guaranteed we'll be bad again. There's a difference.

Yeah, I'm no Nostradamus but I've seen this story before. I know how it ends.

We need to upgrade our pass rush, we failed to do so w/ legit pass rushing talent, how do you think it will end?

Tell me where our Def ranked for the past couple of years.

I'm very much in the "it is what it is" category. I don't want Hardy, but if they signed him, I would try to get behind it. They won't though, so I guess that they at least agree with me on something lol. cool.png