Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

HEIST

Safe to assume Bennett is Quinn's guy. I get that. But would we really be better off trading for him plus paying Bennett even more money or just signing Hardy. I'm not high on Hardy by any means. However I just don't see making the player (in the case Bennett) the biggest beneficiary when he just got a contract last offseason. No matter which way this goes Bennett needs to play for his current contract.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Trade Roddy? Have you lost it? Name the last Falcon to start, play through, and end their career here? I only know 1. How bout some loyalty. You must be one of the falcon bashers whenever we lose a game.

You shouldn't let emotions cloud your judgement

Safe to assume Bennett is Quinn's guy. I get that. But would we really be better off trading for him plus paying Bennett even more money or just signing Hardy. I'm not high on Hardy by any means. However I just don't see making the player (in the case Bennett) the biggest beneficiary when he just got a contract last offseason. No matter which way this goes Bennett needs to play for his current contract.

Think of it this way even if he signed a brand new contract for exact same amount as last year he would get his 6 million from Seahawks this year plus new guarantees in our contract... one reporter put it this way as he would get himself combined around 20 million guaranteed over 2 years that's a pretty sweet business deal on his part if so... and Seahawks do have to pay Russell Wilson his gold contract soon too so cutting salary long term for them makes sense

Edited by malak07

The Seahawks deny that DE Michael Bennett has requested a trade to the Falcons.

The team says it's "news to them." The Seahawks have nothing to gain by publicly acknowledging such a request, of course, but for now we'll take them at their word. As far as denials go, it's not a particularly cagey one. We should learn more about Bennett's request/non-request over the next 24 hours. Mar 17 - 2:50 PM

Trade Roddy? Have you lost it? Name the last Falcon to start, play through, and end their career here? I only know 1. How bout some loyalty. You must be one of the falcon bashers whenever we lose a game.

Gotta have the Belichick mentality, everyone is expendable once their usefulness runs out. If you let emotions cloud your judgement, it can backfire. Roddy can still play but no longer at a pro bowl level. If trading Roddy means getting Bennett and possibly drafting Amari Cooper at 8, I would be all for it.

The team says it's "news to them." The Seahawks have nothing to gain by publicly acknowledging such a request, of course, but for now we'll take them at their word. As far as denials go, it's not a particularly cagey one. We should learn more about Bennett's request/non-request over the next 24 hours. Mar 17 - 2:50 PM

As I thought, which is why I'm not going to get too excited of this rumor because I do not want to get let down again.

Just cause they didn't know about it doesn't mean that his agent didn't leak it before they told Seattle. The know now.

He may truly be unhappy with no guaranteed money after this year and the fact they have brought in players he seemingly has beef with plus showing interest in paying people to take snaps from him?!?! Perhaps his agent is telling them that right now...

Does anyone have Michael's # can we get to the bottom of this!!!

What numbers are you looking for?

He's aleady guaranteed 6 mil for this season as of February 15th, and if the Seahawks trade him they are on the hook for 6 mil so they don't save any this season. They can split the dead money into 2 seasons so they could potentially save 3 mil this season but that's nothing of note

I don't think he has any guaranteed money after this next season. Basically Seattle only does this deal if they want to clear room in the future for Wilson's contract and if they feel fairly compensated. I hope a 3rd rounder would do it because we pick high in the draft and he is 29 years old, but I don't know if they think losing such a key cog to their Dline would be worth it. However, maybe they will ship him out so they don't have a malcontent in their locker room and start any locker room division after ending the season on the note that they did

What numbers are you looking for?

He's aleady guaranteed 6 mil for this season as of February 15th, and if the Seahawks trade him they are on the hook for 6 mil so they don't save any this season. They can split the dead money into 2 seasons so they could potentially save 3 mil this season but that's nothing of note

I don't think he has any guaranteed money after this next season. Basically Seattle only does this deal if they want to clear room in the future for Wilson's contract and if they feel fairly compensated. I hope a 3rd rounder would do it because we pick high in the draft and he is 29 years old, but I don't know if they think losing such a key cog to their Dline would be worth it. However, maybe they will ship him out so they don't have a malcontent in their locker room and start any locker room division after ending the season on the note that they did

He was referring to his PHONE #...