Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

HEIST

give up a 2nd? haha hes not under 25 or even 27.

I'm aware but he is a big part of Seattle's DLine, a real good player, and Seattle has him on a very fair contract for 3 more years. They have no reason to give him up unless they get what they want in return, which IMO would be a 2nd. Or maybe a 3rd/4th and one of our players

Again even if it's a Second I think we can swap 2nds and that can hold substantily value as well of course we would still need more on table

Yeah there is so many different combinations possible

Edited by Dirtybird56

There's no reason for them to give in to his demands unless they get what they want from us. The only reason I can see this going down is if we give them our 2nd, which is a valuable pick, and they get to dump Bennett's contract after this year to clear room for Wilson's contract while they get a valued pick on the cheap for 4 seasons

Again even if it's a Second I think we can swap 2nds and that can hold substantily value as well of course we would still need more on table

Don't get too hyped though, this could be Michael Bennett just demanding more money from the Seahawks.

One thing that gives it legs for me is that the Seahawks are looking at Greg Hardy.

Spencer is also visiting them today.

I don't want to get my hopes up but it's hard not to. This would be great.

Edited by Malachore

Michael Bennett and his agent are smart. If he could coax Seattle to trade him to ATL, and coax Falcons to give him a new contract, even if Falcons paid him exact same money - 4yrs, $28.5mm - but gave him another $8mm signing bonus - then that joker would have made about $20mm in two years in salaries and bonuses.

Another thing to note: Hardy and Bennett share the same agent. Could be Hardy's agent trying to drive up his value to the Cowboys.

Nice info. drive up both contracts while you're at it. Bennett holds out, drive up the demand for Hardy, seems like a win win for the agent in his commissions.