Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

HEIST

We will have to give up our 2nd for him and maybe a player too. It doesn't make any sense for Seattle to oblige and trade him unless they are fairly compensated

After Feb 15 he's guaranteed 6 mil this year, if they trade him they are on the hook for 6 mil dead money, a net gain of 0

But perhaps they want to save money for the future cuz they know they're going to have to pay Wilson soon and a a high 2nd rounder is a nice pick and they get 4 years for cheap

and that may be true but would we expect Seattle to admit to it if he did? At this stage anyway?

Clearly I'm hoping the rumor is true so there's that...

I'm hoping it's true as well but I'm trying not to get my hopes up cause this would be epic. Seattle fans are really worried though.

Oh But Quinn doesn't know what he is doing according to the haters on the boards. Clayborn sucks, Schofield sucks, Reed sucks, Durant sucks.. Now Bennett? Oh he sucks too according to the Mike Smith nut huggers who still think Kroy Biermann would be a VALUABLE asset to this team.

lol Kroy was good before his injury

Edited by Falcons1990

and that may be true but would we expect Seattle to admit to it if he did? At this stage anyway?

Clearly I'm hoping the rumor is true so there's that...

Where I'm at as well. It doesn't make sense for the Cowboys to leak this because who would you want to play for: The SB contender or the reloading Cowboys. Doesn't make sense for the Seahawks to leak because they have MB playing Hardy's role at a high level and a really nice contract. IDK why some Cowboys beat writer would want to ruin his rep by messing with Falcons fans today.

Ohh trying not to put my cart before the horses.... but If Quinn/Front Office pulled this off and somehow got Vic Beasley in the draft. This would be the most amazing turnaround based of one coaching move in Atlanta ever...barring the Hawks currently of course

Edited by malak07

Remember when people had a "feeling" that players dont want to play for Atlanta?

Yeah......

Alright I'll ask again, when was the last time a QUALITY player ASKED to be traded to ATLANTA be it to the Hawks/Falcons/Braves. There's a reason folks had doubts in their heads. It's not easy being a fan of ANY team in Georgia.

Ppl yall must know this is coming from the Bennett's camp... Not the Seahawks.... He would have to convince them to trade him

Dude is just reporting Bennett wants a trade here.... You have to wait and see what happens after that

There's no reason for them to give in to his demands unless they get what they want from us. The only reason I can see this going down is if we give them our 2nd, which is a valuable pick, and they get to dump Bennett's contract after this year to clear room for Wilson's contract while they get a valued pick on the cheap for 4 seasons