Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

HEIST

I'm telling you now swap 3rd round picks and give them our 4th this year for him...

Re-do his deal for 4 year 40 million 18 Signing Bonus

Pick up top DE for LEO spot with first pick

COMPLETE PASS RUSH turnaround

I have sugar plum dreams of Beasley at the Leo, Clayborn kicked inside, Bennett at 5-Tech and Schofield rushing from OLB spot on 3rd and long biggrin.png

Edited by malak07

I know we wouldn't package Jackson but I'd send TJax and a 4th or 3rd in a heartbeat.

He's more valuable than Morgan is at this stage. I'd say he's more valuable than Orakpo as well. Looking at their deals it's not completely unreasonable that he'd want to re-up in his prime. Will he get it is another thing. Not sure what he's asking for but the prospect of having him on the roster with the new additions and still having a shot at one of the "Big 5" pass rushers in the draft would be HUGE!

Obviously he likes Quinn but also I think he sees that we are getting some good pieces in place. Everybody wants to play with good players. But I wouldn't do it.

We still need a LG and early in the draft. Even if we give up a 3rd we will be losing a 2nd or 4th for the noise incident. So either way we would be losing 2 good draft picks btb. We got more holes and I say let's roll with the pieces we got in FA and keep building thru the draft.

It's picking up heat. Scary that Bennett wants a new contract already but I'm so desperate for a Dline player of his caliber I don't even care

So far the only person to say this is Clarence Hill. PFT just posted about it but used him as their source so it's not any new independant info, HOWEVER PFT only does this when they trust the source. Florio makes up crap for his opinion pieces but not when they report on rumors like this unless they trust the source

I saw it on rotoworld and Bleacher Report for what its worth. Im waiting on word from Vaughn McClure before I believe it.

I saw it on rotoworld and Bleacher Report for what its worth. Im waiting on word from Vaughn McClure before I believe it.

Everybody is just quoting Hill, that's the thing. Nobody else has gotten an inside scoop on this other than him, or at least nobody else has reported it yet

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/report-michael-bennett-wants-trade-to-atlanta-new-contract/

Maybe there’s a reason Greg Hardy’s taking a trip to Seattle.

Apparently, one of their pass-rushers wants out, which would create an opening.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Seahawks defensive end Bennett is seeking a trade to the Falcons, and wants a new contract.

Bennett signed a four-year, $28.5 million contract in Seattle a year ago, after winning a Super Bowl on his one-year prove-it deal with the Seahawks in 2013.

But he apparently sees the market changing for pass-rushers, and wants to get back in on it with a guy he knows well.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn knows Bennett well from his time as Seahawks defensive coordinator, and obviously understands the need.

The Falcons have already signed Adrian Clayborn and O’Brien Schoefield among others in their defensive makeover, but Bennett would be the biggest move of their offseason push to pressure quarterbacks.

Free agents go where the money is. Until they get old and decide maybe to go for a championship contender

Incorrect. Players choose not to come here regardless of money. Our GM is a nerd, and our team is a bunch of choir boys. Real recognize real. We are not real enough. Sad but true. I read it here.

Everybody is just quoting Hill, that's the thing. Nobody else has gotten an inside scoop on this other than him, or at least nobody else has reported it yet

Hill is a legitimate source. They wouldn't be quoting him on some of those sites if he was Billy Bob twitter face

I'm telling you now swap 3rd round picks and give them our 4th this year for him...

Re-do his deal for 4 year 40 million 18 Signing Bonus

Pick up top DE for LEO spot with first pick

COMPLETE PASS RUSH turnaround

I have sugar plum dreams of Beasley at the Leo, Clayborn kicked inside, Bennett at 5-Tech and Schofield rushing from OLB spot on 3rd and long biggrin.png

I dunno. 10 million a year is a lot of money.