Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

HEIST

Both are looking like a pipe dream at this point in time anywayshrug.001.gif

+1 sadly.

I want to believe, Quinn supporter, at the moment I can't(F/A moves made so far)...w/o a bonafide pass rusher.

I would be happy with Bennett or Hardy. Seattle runs the ball and Bennett was the Most Valuable Player on the field IMHO...Sea wins another SB.

Why not?

Because its one persons opinion?

If one judges opinion was guilty, then why isnt he serving time? Seems the court process is fairer than you want it to be. He may well of been guilty, but we will never know as the 'victim' skipped town and went shopping on the day she was supposed to be in court.

At the end of the day, Bennett has roughly 3 top years of production left, Hardy has roughly 7 providing he keeps his nose clean.

Both are looking like a pipe dream at this point in time anywayshrug.001.gif

Hardy is 26 and Bennett is 29, with Hardy getting significant playing time immediately, but Bennett not even starting a game till his 3rd season (less wear and tear). Dunno how you got the 4 year difference in production left outside of...I don't even know.

But yeah, I doubt we end up with either. Guess we'll see, I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

They're reporting on local news that the so called Bennet trade talks never happened. Back to your desks. Nothing to see here.So our two best pass rushers from last year (Osi and Beer) were upgraded with Clayborn and Reed? Oh boy.

Local news? Is that still a thing?

If one judges opinion was guilty, then why isnt he serving time? Seems the court process is fairer than you want it to be.

Why should it matter that it was one person? The judge is charged with applying the law to the facts, just like a juror. Bench trials occur and are binding every business day of the year. It's not like its some special deal that he got duped into. This is how justice is done. People are convicted of everything from minor traffic violations to DUIs via bench trial.

Why should it matter that it was one person? The judge is charged with applying the law to the facts, just like a juror. Bench trials occur and are binding every business day of the year. It's not like its some special deal that he got duped into. This is how justice is done. People are convicted of everything from minor traffic violations to DUIs via bench trial.

Bench trials are the warm up in bigger cases, no? Hardy was supposed to have been judged by a panel of his peers, but instead the woman went on a spending spree at Dolce & Gabanna. Tells me the judge' intuition wasnt too good on this one.

Bench trials are the warm up in bigger cases, no? Hardy was supposed to have been judged by a panel of his peers, but instead the woman went on a spending spree at Dolce & Gabanna. Tells me the judge' intuition wasnt too good on this one.

I guess folks didn't see her snowmobiling, and posing...like its all good.

I lost my moral compass when she didn't show up for justice...Falcons need a pass rusher.

Hardy is 26 and Bennett is 29, with Hardy getting significant playing time immediately, but Bennett not even starting a game till his 3rd season (less wear and tear). Dunno how you got the 4 year difference in production left outside of...I don't even know.

But yeah, I doubt we end up with either. Guess we'll see, I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

I didnt realize Bennett was used sparingly. Still, father time catches up with everyone in their 30's, look at Michael Turner. He was also a back up for years and he had nothing left after we got the best out of him...

No. The largest judgment I ever won was a bench trial.

And misdemeanor trials are not "bigger cases" in any event.

Why didnt the guy appeal the bench trial you won?

I would like to think a case of DV is a bigger deal than say defrauding an employer of a few grand.

Anyway, why hasnt he been jailed from that judgement alone? He is guilty right?

They're reporting on local news that the so called Bennet trade talks never happened. Back to your desks. Nothing to see here.

So our two best pass rushers from last year (Osi and Beer) were upgraded with Clayborn and Reed? Oh boy.

Uninspiring.

I would like to think a case of DV is a bigger deal than say defrauding an employer of a few grand.

Appeals take time and money. If it's a losing case and opposing counsel feels the Judge was correct, appealing the decision is not a smart move.

Domestic violence can range from simple battery to felony assault. Not all domestic violence crimes are equal in the eyes of the law.

His jail sentence was suspended pending the appeal.

When you appeal from the district court, which is where Hardy was tried, the appeal to the superior court is "de novo," which means you start completely over. You get to go through the discovery process and have a jury trial where a jury determines your guilt. The earlier verdict from the district court is set aside. That's why he wasn't jailed.

Not everyone can afford to appeal cases, especially criminal cases. Hardy obviously can.

**** shame this rumor appears to be bunk, was holding out a bit of hope that the Falcons would make a trade for some pass rush help especially since it seems that teams are more willing to move talent now. I know this isn't going to be fixed in 1 off season but we've already had 2 pretty terrible years and 1-2 more is just tough to swallow.

The dreams end today. We'll still have pissing and moaning about not signing him for a while, but hopefully this will end this nonsense:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 30m30 minutes ago

Former Panthers DE Greg Hardy expected to choose today between Cowboys and Buccaneers. » http://es.pn/1CswXtt

Everyone knows Hardy is not coming here. The pissing & moaning will be back when the season starts & we see that our Def is still horrible, of course most will blame the QB for the losses since Smitty & Co. are long gone.

Goes to show you just how relevant The Falcons are in the NFL (& how bad our Def is) when the biggest stories here are two pass rushers that have no shot of coming here even though either one would both upgrade our Def significantly.

One is (attempting to) use us as leverage for a new contract

& the other we are too scared to even bring in for a visit.

If one judges opinion was guilty, then why isnt he serving time? Seems the court process is fairer than you want it to be. He may well of been guilty, but we will never know as the 'victim' skipped town and went shopping on the day she was supposed to be in court.

You don't know much about the law, do you?

When you appeal from the district court, which is where Hardy was tried, the appeal to the superior court is "de novo," which means you start completely over. You get to go through the discovery process and have a jury trial where a jury determines your guilt. The earlier verdict from the district court is set aside. That's why he wasn't jailed.

Not everyone can afford to appeal cases, especially criminal cases. Hardy obviously can.

Back to abf with you! Lol