Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

HEIST

Bennett, 29, signed four-year, $32 million contract that included $16 million guaranteed with the Seahawks in March of last year. He still has another three years remaining on the agreement to go along with base salaries of $6 million (2015), $4 million (2016), and $6 million (2017).

According to OverTheCap.com, trading Bennett would free up $2 million in cap space next year while also create $6 million in dead money.

In 2014, Bennett appeared in all 16 games and recorded 39 tackles, seven sacks, and a forced fumble.

would like to see this happen but there appears to be some negatives for the seahawks to do it?

Probably not but Rosenhaus could put enough people between him and the original source that nobody would ever know.

Still, as my agent you should squash these rumors if they are blatantly false.

Rosenhaus may not be involved but he's not stopping it which would be just as bad if Bennett has no intentions of leaving seattle

Rosenhaus may not be involved but he's not stopping it which would be just as bad if Bennett has no intentions of leaving seattle

That's what I've been trying to figure out. This is the only part that doesn't add up to me. An agent would shoot this down if it was false because it doesn't look very good on him if it appears he could be the "source" this guy was talking about.

Yep. If he wanted a new contract he'd just hold out like everybody else that wants a new contract. No point in pissing your team and/or teammates off to accomplish that.

A summary of comments before this thread:

'But, but i love what the FO and DQ are doing this off season'

'We dont need an expensive pass rusher in Quinns system!'

'Who needs talent when we have Quinn'

'I can see exactly how they are going about building the roster, and i love it!'

'[insert pass rushers name] is too expensive'

'It makes every bit of sense to those who understand the scheme'

'We didnt sign [insert pass rushers name]. Get over it! I love the talent we have gotten'

As soon as a decent named is mentioned that we 'might' acquire, the so called 'happy with the offseason so far' crew are falling over each other with fist pumping, high 5, go get em type posts whilst crowning the FO and DQ as pure genius. Brilliant!

ROFL

Anyone for Hardy then??

rolleyes.giflaugh.png

A summary of comments before this thread:

'But, but i love what the FO and DQ are doing this off season'

'We dont need an expensive pass rusher in Quinns system!'

'Who needs talent when we have Quinn'

'I can see exactly how they are going about building the roster, and i love it!'

'[insert pass rushers name] is too expensive'

'It makes every bit of sense to those who understand the scheme'

'We didnt sign [insert pass rushers name]. Get over it! I love the talent we have gotten'

As soon as a decent named is mentioned that we 'might' acquire, the so called 'happy with the offseason so far' crew are falling over each other with fist pumping, high 5, go get em type posts whilst crowning the FO and DQ as pure genius. Brilliant!

ROFL

Anyone for Hardy then??

rolleyes.giflaugh.png

It's crazy how peoples opinions change when the situation potentially changes.Pure craziness. Edited by Jpowers

He may hop on that first thing in the morning since Suh is staying in Dallas tonight from what I've read.

At this point I'm just coming up with reasons why this rumor would becomplete BS because it is to good to be true.