Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEIST

Grain Of Salt: Michael Bennett Seeking Trade To Atlanta

425 posts in this topic

You sound a bit emotional over this Hardy situation, maybe you need a rest? Its evident you form picket lines in front of courts parading with sign in hand about domestic violence. Oh you dont? You just whine on forums about it? Thought so...

Im not fazed about an IP address look up, in fact im all for it...

Why so? I dont attack posters and 98% of my comments are football related. If i dont like the off season i see no reason to censor it, why do you?

In the case of gazoo i call it as i see it. He creates bait threads and trolls anyone with a different opinion, thats my opinion anyway

ironic

Hey I never claimed to be original with my material but I felt some may have missed out.

As far as the about face I've been pretty consistent with my opinion.I understand both sides but if the rumor(which I don't believe) turns out to be true it completely changes the situation.To not change your stance when the situation completely changes would signify some sort of bias which I don't have myself.I'm all for Bennett because of the lack of baggage and even at his age due to familiarity with the scheme.Don't think there is a chance in **** of this happening though

P.S. I don't think the thing with your name is going to get old though.

Carry on thenlaugh.png

Im all for bringing in ANYONE who improves this defense. If we have to trade, beg, steal or borrow, lets do it.

Imho, we have gone the cheap route(maybe not by plan) and we will reap what we sew in the reg. season. Scheme will be much better and i love the DQ HC move, but its a given in the NFL that you need talent to execute.

ironic

How is that an attack? Its a lighthearted response to the vitriol pointed at Hardy on these boards. For every poster that doesnt want Hardy on the team, there are 3 who do. The poll has spoken.

I dont condone DV at all, but i certainly will give someone the chance to redeem and rehabilitate.

I'm not emotional about Hardy. In fact, it's the opposite. I don't want to sign a player who will potentially miss nearly half a season despite being completely healthy.

He may potentially miss 6 games or 2 or 5 or 1 or 0.

Nobody knows at this point in time. With no conviction does the NFL have basis for suspension. Im not an attorney, but i would think Hardy and crew would have a case to refute a suspension based on non conviction and the wishy washy story of the woman who eventually took the money and went shopping.

Nobody knows at this point in time. With no conviction does the NFL have basis for suspension. Im not an attorney, but i would think Hardy and crew would have a case to refute a suspension based on non conviction and the wishy washy story of the woman who eventually took the money and went shopping.

Rice was never convicted of anything, he still got hit hard by the league.

A summary of comments before this thread:

'But, but i love what the FO and DQ are doing this off season'

'We dont need an expensive pass rusher in Quinns system!'

'Who needs talent when we have Quinn'

'I can see exactly how they are going about building the roster, and i love it!'

'[insert pass rushers name] is too expensive'

'It makes every bit of sense to those who understand the scheme'

'We didnt sign [insert pass rushers name]. Get over it! I love the talent we have gotten'

As soon as a decent named is mentioned that we 'might' acquire, the so called 'happy with the offseason so far' crew are falling over each other with fist pumping, high 5, go get em type posts whilst crowning the FO and DQ as pure genius. Brilliant!

ROFL

Anyone for Hardy then??

rolleyes.giflaugh.png

I am for Hardy!

sdogg likes this

Peter King is a shitgoon of a reporter, but he has accurate sources. He reported teams have heard that he's getting a 6 game suspension. But maybe that's not true.

I think the NFLPA will immediately appeal any suspension because the charges were dismissed, despite the conviction in the bench trial. Gooddell has taken a long time on this because he was drug through the mud so much after Rice.

Rice was never convicted of anything, he still got hit hard by the league.

Its pretty hard to refute knocking your better half out on video one would think. The he said, she said case of Hardy is wishy washy at best especially with the defendant going missing for a few bucks.

I dont think Hardy will be signed, i just think he should be.

Peter King is a shitgoon of a reporter, but he has accurate sources. He reported teams have heard that he's getting a 6 game suspension. But maybe that's not true.

I think the NFLPA will immediately appeal any suspension because the charges were dismissed, despite the conviction in the bench trial. Gooddell has taken a long time on this because he was drug through the mud so much after Rice.

I think the NFLPA has good reason to as well. At the end of the day, if this goes to court, i cant see the NFL having a leg to stand on. But once again, im not an attorneys azzhole and have no idea how the courts work. A bench trial doesnt seem enough to label anyone guilty and to enforce big $ penalties seems a reach as well imo. This is potentially costing Hardy millions of dollars and a suspension would realize it.

I could start a thread with William Andrews highlights and it would turn into a Greg Hardy thread within 10 posts. I guarantee it.

I would take that bet but if you added Biermann I would never bet against you.

I could start a thread with William Andrews highlights and it would turn into a Greg Hardy thread within 10 posts. I guarantee it.

laugh.png

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

It'll all be over tomorrow hopefully

Its pretty hard to refute knocking your better half out on video one would think. The he said, she said case of Hardy is wishy washy at best especially with the defendant going missing for a few bucks.

I dont think Hardy will be signed, i just think he should be.

Still, as far as the US Law actually doing anything, they're comparative. I'm not a lawyer but i can't imagine Hardy could successfully sue the NFL if Rice couldn't, tape or no.

You're completely right, my apologies Mono. I need to keep working on not derailing/keeping threads derailed with this nonsense.

Plot twist falcons trade for Bennet then hardy comes here too lol.

Falcon fans everywhere rushed to ER's nationwide with massive heart attacks.

We know this isn't going to happen, but look how excited we all got. Offseason ain't over boys.

Ok enough off topic speak! News on Bennett?

Seattle/Dallas interested in Hardy and we trade picks and sign Bennett...but some don't want a straight line attack to just go after Hardy. Bennett is the only splash some want to make...even though they have been glad TD/Quinn have made no splash signings. Imagine that.

Signing Hardy and having him for 10 games is just to much for some to accept...build through the draft they say. Yet, some(the no splash bunch) will give up picks and or trade (RW) for Bennett and a substantial contract.

In short, the news is get all excited about a costly expense for Bennett, but stay far away from Hardy...lose draft picks/trade or have a guy inactive for potentially 6 games.

Go after Hardy and keep your picks IMHO.

ChessPlayer1 and D#x3 like this

Seattle/Dallas interested in Hardy and we trade picks and sign Bennett...but some don't want a straight line attack to just go after Hardy. Bennett is the only splash some want to make...even though they have been glad TD/Quinn have made no splash signings. Imagine that.

Signing Hardy and having him for 10 games is just to much for some to accept...build through the draft they say. Yet, some(the no splash bunch) will give up picks and or trade (RW) for Bennett and a substantial contract.

In short, the news is get all excited about a costly expense for Bennett, but stay far away from Hardy...lose draft picks/trade or have a guy inactive for potentially 6 games.

Go after Hardy and keep your picks IMHO.

I mean, that totally ignores the moral aspect of many people preferring a standup person to an unapologetic domestic abuser. When Hardy's the only one of his caliber on the market, it's easy for a lot of people to put that aside, but when Bennett is there too, things change. On top of that, Michael Bennett is a better player than Hardy. And yes, I firmly believe that. Bennett is arguably the best LE in the NFL, at least top 3, and a top 10 DE period.

When you add all that up, as well as us being able to have him the full regular season, and possibly for no more than a 3rd or 4th rounder - well, it just makes sense to prefer Bennett.

And in page 3 someone will ask about Kroy being cut yet or what position he will play for us this season, if he is not cut.

I mean, that totally ignores the moral aspect of many people preferring a standup person to an unapologetic domestic abuser. When Hardy's the only one of his caliber on the market, it's easy for a lot of people to put that aside, but when Bennett is there too, things change. On top of that, Michael Bennett is a better player than Hardy. And yes, I firmly believe that. Bennett is arguably the best LE in the NFL, at least top 3, and a top 10 DE period.

When you add all that up, as well as us being able to have him the full regular season, and possibly for no more than a 3rd or 4th rounder - well, it just makes sense to prefer Bennett.

I didn't dismiss the moral aspect...just not my hang up.

The rest are hypocrites and about face ...when it comes to Bennett-Hardy.

At the end of the day, Bennett has roughly 3 top years of production left, Hardy has roughly 7 providing he keeps his nose clean.

Both are looking like a pipe dream at this point in time anywayshrug.001.gif

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

Ok enough off topic speak! News on Bennett?

They're reporting on local news that the so called Bennet trade talks never happened. Back to your desks. Nothing to see here.

So our two best pass rushers from last year (Osi and Beer) were upgraded with Clayborn and Reed? Oh boy.

D#x3 and Mid-Nite-Toker like this

They're reporting on local news that the so called Bennet trade talks never happened. Back to your desks. Nothing to see here.

So our two best pass rushers from last year (Osi and Beer) were upgraded with Clayborn and Reed? Oh boy.

Seattle(SB/SB appearance and Dallas(arguably an international face for NFL football) are in talks with Hardy(morality/suspension be dayuummed), but the Falcons are sitting on their hands(32rank total D)...rumored

SMH.

After researching every seahawk site possible all I can say is if its true, Seahawk fans dont know about it

We know about rumors but most of us don't take this too seriously until it's not reported/confirmed by more reliable source like Adam Schefter. This Bennett rumor started from some Cowboys beat writer at the time when Greg Hardy is in Dallas. I think this is on Drew Rosenhaus (who is agent for both Hardy and Bennett) trying to get the best deal for Hardy. If/when he gets a deal in Dallas, Rosenhaus will probably denied all Bennett rumours. If not, then I'll be a bit more worried that really something is going on.

They also had no idea the Graham/Unger trade was coming...

Nobody had an idea that this trade was coming until it was done.

To be fair, most of the times we don't know much that's going on, because the Seahawks organization is really good to keep secrets. Most of it it's probably because local media sucks and national media is too far away. If anything is leaked it's because they want to spread false rumors (i've seen this used more before the draft than in free agency/trades) or some informations are leaked on the other side.