Reed, Clayborn, Schofield, Adams Contracts

capologist

The Atlanta Falcons have signed seven players from other teams since the start of free agency with the additions of Brooks Reed, Adrian Clayborn, Justin Durant, Leonard Hankerson, <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13449/o"href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13449/o" brien-schofield"="">O'Brien Schofield, Mike Person and Phillip Adams.

We previously showed the contract details for Durant, Hankerson and Person. Here are the details for Reed, Clayborn, Schofield and Adams, according to ESPN Statistics and Information.

BROOKS REED, OLB (5-year contract)

Base salaries: $2,200,000 (2015), $2,500,000 (2016), $4,100,000 (2017), $4,500,000 (2018), $4,500,000 (2019). $2.1 million of 2016 base salary guaranteed for injury only at signing. $2.1 million becomes fully guaranteed on third day of league year.

Signing bonus: $4,700,000

Cap numbers: $3,140,000 (2015), $3,400,000 (2016), $5,040,000 (2017), $5,400,000 (2018) , $5,400,000 (2019)

Roster bonuses: none

Escalators: $1 million escalator if makes Pro Bowl 2015-2018.

ADRIAN CLAYBORN, DE (1-year contract)

Base salary: $1,000,000

Signing bonus: $750,000

Cap number: $3,000,000

Roster bonus: $1,250,000 ($250,000 on first game of league year; additional bonus of $62,500 per game active)

O'BRIEN SCHOFIELD, OLB (1-year contract)

Base salary: $745,000

Signing bonus: $255,000

Cap number: $1,700,000

Roster bonus: $700,000 (roster bonus of $43,75o per game active)

PHILLIP ADAMS, CB (1-year contract)

Base salary: $745,000

Signing bonus: none

Cap number: $585,000

Roster bonus: none

That's ridiculous... $62,500 for every game active??

While most of our Soldiers won't even make that on a YEAR long deployment. Where is our priorities really at??

Although I have nothing but respect for our soldiers and what they do for us this is about money and it's about supply and demand. It's easier to find a soldier than it is to find and NFL DE. It's not feasible to pay soldiers a million bucks a year each and it's not possible to pay a NFL player $21,000 a year. It may not be "fair" but then again, what is?

Anyone complaining about those contracts is clueless. Those are great deals, especially for Schofield and Clayborn. We're playing Reed less than we did Kroy too. Good stuff. I hope we make one or 2 more big deals in FA cause we can definitely afford it.

There aren't two more "big deals" to make.

We may go after a June 1st cut but the rest of the cap space we will save to rollover to next year for Julio's contract.

Anyone complaining about those contracts is clueless. Those are great deals, especially for Schofield and Clayborn. We're playing Reed less than we did Kroy too. Good stuff. I hope we make one or 2 more big deals in FA cause we can definitely afford it.

There is no big deals to make. We fell a sleep... They are all gone - only waste left.

Fantastic structure.

Wish we would have gone two years with Clayborn and Schofield though.

yeah, agreed but not a lot of 2 year deals out there - one year deal means nobody offered what you wanted on long-term deal - in those cases, these guys want to go back into the market when their age still has a "2" as the first digit and go for a long-term deal the following year. makes sense that they were one year deals for both parties. I'm sure the Falcons would have paid the player the same over two years - but not in player's best interest if they are planning on break-out year.

Although I have nothing but respect for our soldiers and what they do for us this is about money and it's about supply and demand. It's easier to find a soldier than it is to find and NFL DE. It's not feasible to pay soldiers a million bucks a year each and it's not possible to pay a NFL player $21,000 a year. It may not be "fair" but then again, what is?

Anything is possible.... My question though, is which one actually deserves it. But, I agree with you to an extent.

While I think this runs very true if the US cut there defense budget by 10-20% they could probably cure hunger and put a big dent in poverty round the world though.

yeah, agreed but not a lot of 2 year deals out there - one year deal means nobody offered what you wanted on long-term deal - in those cases, these guys want to go back into the market when their age still has a "2" as the first digit and go for a long-term deal the following year. makes sense that they were one year deals for both parties. I'm sure the Falcons would have paid the player the same over two years - but not in player's best interest if they are planning on break-out year.

I guess I can only think of Avril off the top of my head. But I'm sure there are others.

I get why it didn't happen, just would have been nice to have at least one of them for more than one year.

The bright side is, it sets us up well for compensatory picks if they do leave.

Only real complaint is that the Reed contract was a tad high. It looks like the Falcons paid slightly over market value for him. But I would rather overpay at the 3rd tier of the market than the 1st tier. They still have plenty of money to bring in more players this year. There are still a lot of quality players available.

While most of our Soldiers won't even make that on a YEAR long deployment. Where is our priorities really at??

Uh, you really want to puke ??

Check out Suh's asinine contract with Miami.

In the end Miami will probably end up paying approx. $1 million per sack per year.

The English language doesn't have a word describing the level of that Lunacy.

Uh, you really want to puke ??

Check out Suh's asinine contract with Miami.

In the end Miami will probably end up paying approx. $1 million per sack per year.

The English language doesn't have a word describing the level of that Lunacy.

Do have the same feelings about the total revenue of the league of value of individual franchises?

Only real complaint is that the Reed contract was a tad high. It looks like the Falcons paid slightly over market value for him. But I would rather overpay at the 3rd tier of the market than the 1st tier. They still have plenty of money to bring in more players this year. There are still a lot of quality players available.

Eh, I think it's fair after seeing the structure. Two years below $4m followed by the opportunity to get out from under the deal and pick up ~$2m in cap space if they cut him in year 3.

And yes, you'd rather over pay the 3rd tier folks. **** straight

Money isn't indicative of the importance of someone's profession just a matter of who sells tickets. What you'll also find is most people who make huge amounts of money are very generous and give back to their communities. Also, only 1 game of that counts against the cap (likely vs unlikely to be earned). If he makes it past 2 games then the rest gets counted next season/end of this season)...

Anything is possible.... My question though, is which one actually deserves it. But, I agree with you to an extent.

I understand your point and truly believe that soldiers do the more important job and obviously risk more but If a NFL DE has a skill that only 15 people in the world can imitate and the American soldier has a skill that hundreds of thousands can imitate, then in a capitalist society, the NFL player "deserves" it more.