Would Brees Take A Restructured Pay Cut To Help The Team?

Falcon Man™

He will not take a pay cut

Yes. He has said so time and again. But a restructure now wouldn't help the team enough to pay for the paper. Next season will be when he should restructure or extend his contract and be beneficial to the team. He has stated all the team has to do is ask.

I think we'll see what is done next year. Ultimately, this year would make less sense since free agency is pretty much over. Him restructuring wouldn't have kept Graham, Stills, or Grubbs. Not for what we were able to get for them.

I think he's done with this saints after this contract. Drew is my favorite player to play for us but we have to move on. We really going to pay a 38/39 year old that much money? ****, Denver and NE dont want to so what should we expect the saints to?

Id be fine with a 1 year deal after it expires to help groom the next guy but we need to start thinking about our future. So does Drew.

Edited by GeauxNO1986

Because unless you're tanking for the #1 pick, the chances of finding a HOF potential QB is slim to none. I rather ride the highest odds of winning for 2-3 years and feel like **** for 5 years then give up early and be in **** like many teams.

You cant be afraid to move on as a franchise. At 38 it does us little good to hang on to the glory years. All that accomplishes is stunting growth. We cant keep that guy forever and its not like he'll be playing for another 5 years. If he does continue to play it will be for another year or 2. Dont be afraid to make the tough move because teams that are will never go anywhere.

I feel like alot of Saints fans rather hang on to Drew for nostalgia sake rather than try to build for another run. All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

No restructures no extensions. Play out the deal and ride off into the sunset

Edited by GeauxNO1986

You cant be afraid to move on as a franchise. At 38 it does us little good to hang on to the glory years. All that accomplishes is stunting growth. We cant keep that guy forever and its not like he'll be playing for another 5 years. If he does continue to play it will be for another year or 2. Dont be afraid to make the tough move because teams that are will never go anywhere.

I feel like alot of Saints fans rather hang on to Drew for nostalgia sake rather than try to build for another run. All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

No restructures no extensions. Play out the deal and ride off into the sunset

I feel the same. If Drew isn't the answer, time to move on. He made plenty and won it all. But when his time is up, time to go.

Just not yet....

I believe this is his last season as a Saint...

I agree. They have to know they need to groom his replacement.

I doubt they'd take Mariota if he were to drop, but I could easily see them svn moving up to grab Winston if the Bucs were stupid enough to pass on him.