There Will Not Be A 1St Or 2Nd Tier Pass Rusher Signed By Atlanta.

Dusty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Quinn is fine with above average pass rushers being added in FA, but only at the right price. Neither Bennett, nor Avril, got big deals until they were proven in Seattle's system. Their first deals were very good value. We're doing the same. We're interested in system fits, at our price.

Avril og Bennett was good before they arrived to Seattle. Dont fool your self in comparing these guys with the players we signed.

Clayborn and Bennett line up very closely pre-seahawk days.

Bennett had 15 sacks in 4 years with the Bucs. He was a top rated run defender.

Clayborn had 13 sacks in 4 years with the Bucs. Missed a ton of games though. He does have two 16 game seasons under his belt as well though. In 2013 he was a top run defender in the NFL.

They're very similar.

Clayborn and Bennett line up very closely pre-seahawk days.

Bennett had 15 sacks in 4 years with the Bucs. He was a top rated run defender.

Clayborn had 13 sacks in 4 years with the Bucs. Missed a ton of games though. He does have two 16 game seasons under his belt as well though. In 2013 he was a top run defender in the NFL.

They're very similar.

If you actually watch the them play who would know that benett is a better player. Not to mention he had 9 sacks the year before he signed with Seattle.

I was told honestly we should not worry about these signings as much as is going on. Not pro or con. Also, not to worry about Clayborn. I was also told not to melt down in the draft. Carroll and Quinn are not to be confused and every guy who comes from a successful camp is out to do it his own way. I was told not to try and figure it out, won't be done. Just kind of watch and know who is on your team.

EDIT: Also do not worry about the scheme and don't forget the offense.

I was told honestly we should not worry about these signings as much as is going on. Not pro or con. Also, not to worry about Clayborn. I was also told not to melt down in the draft. Carroll and Quinn are not to be confused and every guy who comes from a successful camp is out to do it his own way. I was told not to try and figure it out, won't be done. Just kind of watch and know who is on your team.

This is the truth.

Don't worry about the scheme?

A lot of crypticism there sir. Can you break it down further (privately if not publicly)?

QUINN: "I cant wait for people to see how we play. Theres a real style and attitude about how were going to play. Its not about the one guy. Its not about pass rusher, its pass rush. Its not done with one man, its done with the style and attitude that we play to affect the quarterback. And (critics) need to wait a while, too. Its still March."

Don't worry about the scheme?

A lot of crypticism there sir. Can you break it down further (privately if not publicly)?

Yeah, don't worry about what Quinn is running right now because it will be a variation of what he ran in Seattle. It can't be dead on. No two scheme are perfectly alike because players are variables. No two humans are just alike. Quinn will play people to their strengths. :)

Yeah, don't worry about what Quinn is running right now because it will be a variation of what he ran in Seattle. It can't be dead on. No two scheme are perfectly alike because players are variables. No two humans are just alike. Quinn will play people to their strengths. :)

This is good news

QUINN: "I cant wait for people to see how we play. Theres a real style and attitude about how were going to play. Its not about the one guy. Its not about pass rusher, its pass rush. Its not done with one man, its done with the style and attitude that we play to affect the quarterback. And (critics) need to wait a while, too. Its still March."

I can't wait to see either! I want to be shocked and amazed at the awesomeness of the new style and attitude and the extremely violent affectation of said quarterbacks.