B/r: Falcons Rate Solid B Grade In 1St Week Of Fa

PokerSteve

I was a bit underwhelmed, but Bleacher Report gave the Falcons a solid "B" grade for their efforts in the first week of the draft. What grade would you give the Falcons for week 1 FA? For myself, I think B is a bit over the top. What say you?

Atlanta Falcons

Key Additions: LB Brooks Reed, LB Justin Durant, OT Mike Person, DE Adrian Clayborn, CB Phillip Adams

Key Losses: DT Corey Peters, LB Sean Weatherspoon

The Atlanta Falcons had a decent chunk of change heading into free agency, and they did a nice job with it during the first week of free agency.

The pass rush has been a major problem over the past couple of seasons, so it's no surprise they sunk some money into linebacker Brooks Reed and defensive end Adrian Clayborn. It wasn't exactly Jason Pierre-Paul and Justin Houston, but the relatively low-key signings improved the defense on paper.

They did give up on talented linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, who just couldn't stay healthy. Corey Peters was also a quality interior defensive lineman for the Falcons.

Grade: B

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2395973-nfl-free-agency-2015-grading-every-teams-1st-week/page/23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid ( B ) could easily be an (A), This team had a lot of holes with a lot of soft players.

I don't think Quinn is anywhere near done, so far I've seen no reason to believe this won't be a fun team to watch next year.

If we had tied up 26M in one player I would have considered that a complete failure and an F

Mentioning Person and Adams over Schofield and Hankerson? Weird.

That said, a B sounds about right. Solid upside on most of these, got some great deals, but the pass rush is far from fixed. It's nice being excited to see our LBs for once though, it's been miserable lately but a corps of Durant/Worrilow/Reed is nice, especially when you consider someone like Anthony in the draft, and maybe Shembo/Spruill showing out.

But yeah. Anywhere from a B- to a B+ for me.

Mentioning Person and Adams over Schofield and Hankerson? Weird.

That said, a B sounds about right. Solid upside on most of these, got some great deals, but the pass rush is far from fixed. It's nice being excited to see our LBs for once though, it's been miserable lately but a corps of Durant/Worrilow/Reed is nice, especially when you consider someone like Anthony in the draft, and maybe Shembo/Spruill showing out.

But yeah. Anywhere from a B- to a B+ for me.

My thought exactly. Schofield should be the biggest boost to our pass rush of any of the new guys.

In all seriousness, I am going with a B-. With all of the defensive holes to fill, they're doing it the smart way. Get guys that (should) fit and don't over-pay. Had to dock some points for injury histories.

That was a big factor in why I was not that thrilled with this first week, but talent-wise it could've been worse for sure.

3 starters and one key olb,I would give us a B. Should get atleast 1 more starter from the draft.

This is EXACTLY why we got a B. I'm not thrilled about the moves because I, like most people here, thought they could have been better.

Reed, Durant, Schofield, and Clayborn will all START and SHOULD be an upgrade to Bartu, Biermann, Osi, and Mass.

I think they have it about right with a B.

Clayborn, Durant, Schofield and Reed arent flashy but they are the types of tough, gritty blue collar type players every team needs. Reed and Durant will also take a lot of pressure of of Worrilow if in fact he remains the starter at the Mike.

Hankerson has good upside and gives the offense another verical threat opposite Julio.

Still need to fill holes at TE, OG and RE.

Probably a C

If they sign Hardy A+

The pass rush is still feeble and we will have to rely on our draft picks to get the job done; which is a very unlikely scenario imho

Not that I think there is a snowball's chance in **** of it happening but if they sign Hardy my grade will change to an F- for outright stupidity and total lack of common sense.

On the surface I'd say B but how can you tell? Kind of stupid to try and grade anything right now if you ask me. That's been my beef with this place all week. Some people are freaking out about the make up of the team and it's way too early to see what Quinn is doing.

It's strictly a "Week 1" grade, not supposed to try project the rest of free agency by what happened, just what you thought of the first week's pick-ups.

On the surface I'd say B but how can you tell? Kind of stupid to try and grade anything right now if you ask me. That's been my beef with this place all week. Some people are freaking out about the make up of the team and it's way too early to see what Quinn is doing.

I see what quinn is doing. He's getting his type of guys for his system. Aggressive, mean and attacking, but I agree it's way too early from the perspective of we don't know what the team will be yet.