Beasley's There At #8 - Is He The Auto-Pick?

ATLFalcon36

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the Beasley train for sure, I haven't wanted a player more since Calvin and Patrick Willis. I was curious to see if everyone thinks theres a better pick or if he's definitely the guy.

I don't think he'll be there either, which sucks, I don't want to have to trade up for him either.

/purple we shoulda lost 3 more games.

Unless every other pass rusher is off the board I dont know how you can assume he is an automatic. We dont know who Quinn/TD/Piloi prefer, and nobody's homerism for the GA boy will change that.

Not to mention, while unlikely, they could like Scherff for LG/RT or Collins for S as well @ 8. Or even trade out.

Beasley would be the cirst DE to come out of Clemson in over 20 years that would not be a bust....if he turns out. I am not on the Beasley bandwagon. He's really NOT a fit imo. He's over hyped, just like Ricky Sapp, Daquan Bowers, Gaines Adams, et. Al.

He's too light, I doubt he can hold the weight, at least for a couple of years. I would prefer Fowler, Williams, even Shane Ray. I would rather trade back and gain an additional pick than draft him at 8.

The one thing that has me marginally concerned about Beasley is his killer instinct. Don't get me wrong, he has violent hands, and he's the best pure pass rusher this draft...but his tackling needs work, and he's kind of a shy guy. I like humility. I like it a lot in fact. But he's not particularly "alpha" when compared to a guy like Shane Ray.

Still love how he plays and think he'd do great things for this team though. And for all I know, his tackling can be coached up.