We Now Have The Right Head Coach , = Success!

Draftnut57

Let me say this,,, I've been a fan since 72, And believe me when I say,, TD has drafted 10 times better than anybody for this team.. Sure , you don't hit on every pick,, No matter how hard you study , analyze ; and critic each player in the draft , But I know because I've been here since 72 and that TD is by a long shot better in this field than anybody we have ever had.. If you think it's bad now,, just go back and look at all our drafts before he got here.. I used to get so mad, and I never get mad. But I will say I hope TD is here for life.. At least I understand his philosophy and he does try harder and puts far more time and effort into the draft than anybody the team has ever had..

The thing I love about Blank and TD is that I know what ever it takes to get us a Championship here in Ga. They are not going to stop until they do. People think it.s bad now?,, You don't know what bad is unless you were a fan before Blank bought the team. I can tell you Blank and TD will not stop until they have everything set and ready to be one of the best teams in the NFL. Let me finish be saying I think the next best thing that has ever happened is getting Quinn. I really believe we now will have the right scheme. Yes,, Blank and TD made a huge mistake in getting Smith for HC.. He's just not a leader, That is a gift from God and he didn't have it.. He should have never been hired as HC...I could see that from the get go. Quinn not only is the right man but even more importantly , He has the right philosophy of not only how a team should play, but what kind of players we need for success. = Draftnut57

I'm glad you are sold on Quinn

I was sold on Reeves. Mora, Petrino, and Smith

all

--------before their first game

Talk about philosophy ??? Dan Reeves was the best HC this team has ever had to take what few players we had and take them to a SB, He believed in KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, Run the ball first and set up a pass every so ofen and play good D. Thankfully Quinn believes more like Reeves than other coach we've had, that's why I'm excited about this coming season ... Quinn will take us to the next leval, And if Ryan can stay healthy, I have no doubt to a SB within a couple of years...

Talk about philosophy ??? Dan Reeves was the best HC this team has ever had to take what few players we had and take them to a SB, He believed in KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, Run the ball first and set up a pass every so ofen and play good D. Thankfully Quinn believes more like Reeves than other coach we've had, that's why I'm excited about this coming season ... Quinn will take us to the next leval, And if Ryan can stay healthy, I have no doubt to a SB within a couple of years...

Dan Reeves was a very good coach but I believe Mike Smith contributions easily make him the best Atlanta Falcons head coach.

2013-2014 do not reflect the types of teams Mike Smith lead earlier in his career as head coach.

The Falcons were routinely near the top in terms of least penalized teams during the 1st half of Mike Smith's regime. (This speaks to discipline and attention to detail)

Many fans complained about Mike Smith's simplistic conservative approach the centered around running the football, ball control and limiting mistakes.

Mike Smith was forced to replace several position coaches and coordinators through the years because many left to take higher positions and opportunities.

The major decline under his tenure took place in Nolan's 2nd season which coincided with the purge of many veteran players. I think it's very clear that Nolan, Smith and TD did not work well together at putting together a cohesive defense.

I think it's naive to believe Mike Smith is not a leader. Many great head coaches/leaders have failed to sustain success at the NFL level for many different reasons.

Bill Parcels, John Gruden, Tony Dungy, Nick Saban, Rex Ryan, Steve Spanulio and many more were all highly regarded leaders who experienced failure at the NFL level.

Dan Quinn is just another highly touted defensive coordinator who earned a shot at a head coaching job.

Pete Carroll was a highly touted defensive coordinator who was fired from the Jets and New England before he figured out how to be successful as a Head Coach at the NFL level.

Maybe Quinn will experience immediate success maybe not. As fans we hope he is the right person for the job but that's always the case when a new coach is hired.

Mike Smith deserves his due, even though his last few years were plagued with inexcusable poor game time decisions.

Edited by insight

Quinn represents three giant steps forward as the replacement for Mike Smith, but Thomas Dimitroff represents at least two giant steps backward with his long-shot draft picks and his lame-azz FA signings. Not sold on this tandem. Blank brought in a flashy new speed boat, but gave it a huge anchor instead of a big motor. Seems dumb as hale to me. I'm pretty sure Blank has gone full ret*rd on us.

Let me say this,,, I've been a fan since 72, And believe me when I say,, TD has drafted 10 times better than anybody for this team.. Sure , you don't hit on every pick,, No matter how hard you study , analyze ; and critic each player in the draft , But I know because I've been here since 72 and that TD is by a long shot better in this field than anybody we have ever had.. If you think it's bad now,, just go back and look at all our drafts before he got here.. I used to get so mad, and I never get mad. But I will say I hope TD is here for life.. At least I understand his philosophy and he does try harder and puts far more time and effort into the draft than anybody the team has ever had..

The thing I love about Blank and TD is that I know what ever it takes to get us a Championship here in Ga. They are not going to stop until they do. People think it.s bad now?,, You don't know what bad is unless you were a fan before Blank bought the team. I can tell you Blank and TD will not stop until they have everything set and ready to be one of the best teams in the NFL. Let me finish be saying I think the next best thing that has ever happened is getting Quinn. I really believe we now will have the right scheme. Yes,, Blank and TD made a huge mistake in getting Smith for HC.. He's just not a leader, That is a gift from God and he didn't have it.. He should have never been hired as HC...I could see that from the get go. Quinn not only is the right man but even more importantly , He has the right philosophy of not only how a team should play, but what kind of players we need for success. = Draftnut57

I totally agree. Blank and TD really want to win and that is the most important ingredient to being successful. They have made adjustments to become a winning organization. They may have made a few mistakes along the way but you can't say that haven't tried to fix them. The Quinn hire and how they went about it is a prime example. Our organization is headed in the right direction.

Quinn represents three giant steps forward as the replacement for Mike Smith, but Thomas Dimitroff represents at least two giant steps backward with his long-shot draft picks and his lame-azz FA signings. Not sold on this tandem. Blank brought in a flashy new speed boat, but gave it a huge anchor instead of a big motor. Seems dumb as hale to me. I'm pretty sure Blank has gone full ret*rd on us.

I'm not sure about this. To determine if TD really is the bad guy, lets see how he does with Quinn first. Every head coach has a big say in free agency and the draft. It's not like Mike Smith was playing the hand TD dealt him. He wanted TD to get the players he drafted. It was a partnership, not a dictatorship. And for that matter, you have to applaud TD for how he has managed the salary cap during this tenure. Several teams out there with QB's making 20+ million are in cap **** and getting rid of valuable players. The Falcons are 23 million under the cap and still have a franchise QB making 20+

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Dan Reeves was a very good coach but I believe Mike Smith contributions easily make him the best Atlanta Falcons head coach.

2013-2014 do not reflect the types of teams Mike Smith lead earlier in his career as head coach.

The Falcons were routinely near the top in terms of least penalized teams during the 1st half of Mike Smith's regime. (This speaks to discipline and attention to detail)

Many fans complained about Mike Smith's simplistic conservative approach the centered around running the football, ball control and limiting mistakes.

Mike Smith was forced to replace several position coaches and coordinators through the years because many left to take higher positions and opportunities.

The major decline under his tenure took place in Nolan's 2nd season which coincided with the purge of many veteran players. I think it's very clear that Nolan, Smith and TD did not work well together at putting together a cohesive defense.

I think it's naive to believe Mike Smith is not a leader. Many great head coaches/leaders have failed to sustain success at the NFL level for many different reasons.

Bill Parcels, John Gruden, Tony Dungy, Nick Saban, Rex Ryan, Steve Spanulio and many more were all highly regarded leaders who experienced failure at the NFL level.

Dan Quinn is just another highly touted defensive coordinator who earned a shot at a head coaching job.

Pete Carroll was a highly touted defensive coordinator who was fired from the Jets and New England before he figured out how to be successful as a Head Coach at the NFL level.

Maybe Quinn will experience immediate success maybe not. As fans we hope he is the right person for the job but that's always the case when a new coach is hired.

Mike Smith deserves his due, even though his last few years were plagued with inexcusable poor game time decisions.

I agree.

Not impressed by Quinn so far. He seems like a puppet sitting on TDs lap. Hopefully I'm wrong but I just don't have any expectations for the Falcons in 2015. If we win 6 games I'll be surprised but I'll still be at every home game, sitting in my seat, defending our coach/players/city from the other the fans that have taken over the Dome. AGAIN

As long as Pioli is doing the draft and Quinn is calling the shots I think we're ok. TD is great at one thing: being a glorified accountant. That is essentially what Blank turned him into. As long as he isn't trying to trade up every pick then we will be ok I think.

+10000

Not impressed by Quinn so far. He seems like a puppet sitting on TDs lap. Hopefully I'm wrong but I just don't have any expectations for the Falcons in 2015. If we win 6 games I'll be surprised but I'll still be at every home game, sitting in my seat, defending our coach/players/city from the other the fans that have taken over the Dome. AGAIN

FA signings feel that way

Hopefully Quinn can work miracles.

I agree with all of this, but it will take time. This team still is below NFL standard in defensive talent, so we need a couple of great drafts to repair the holes.

And I don't this we have the right people in place to make those selections. All Dimitroff did was hide at the end of last season and then throw Smith under the bus. Black made a huge mistake not firing TD when Smith was fired. Now we will be a below .500 team again and TD will be fired and then we have a new GM who is going to want his guy...vicious circle.

Love it. Let's face it, the sky is not falling. The FO and Coach Quinn will do the BEST they can but it won't be enough. For all my TATF brothers just remember "Not enough and Not this year".

That is all.

The thing I love about what Quinn has done with this roster so far is his ability to identify keepers, shed the dead weight, and best of all not ovaryact when FA starts. He patiently added his kind of guys and did not marry himself and hamstring our cap the next few years with a bunch of long term deals in year one like TB did last year and JAX two years ago. They bought a defense two deep in veterans out of one talent pool before they ever had one draft. This dude is a genius. We can re-sign Clayborn and Schofield again next year like they did Michael Bennett if the chemistry is right.

To say that Mike Smith was a better coach than Dan Reeves,, ??? Are you kidding me???? How on earth can you even say that with the results of Dan not having half the talent that Smith had.. And still taking that team to a SB. That is mind boggling to even say such a thing...