Levine Toilolo

I am trying to understand why so many on this board seem to have just written him off. I think we need to give him a chance. I would be surprised if he doesn't improve next season and continue to improve

Good kid, decent hands, good blocking, tall. He has shown he can be useful in the redzone and picked up a couple key first downs last season.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We all but gave the guy the job last year and he did nothing with it. You can say he has decent hands but he seemed to drop A Lot of the balls thrown his way. For an athletic guy he struggled to get open. And he isn't really the build for a blocking TE.

At the very least we need to bring in some competition and make him fight for the job. I would guess by now the new staff had seen a lot of tape on him. I haven't heard many endorsements going his way.

When this guy housler is seen as an upgrade, that should tell you all you need to know. That guy had done very little as well.

Yes, decent. Not great - decent. He really wasn't targeted all that much last season. I think we are so used to having the TG safety valve that we expect so much from a 2nd year player. TG is the best ever.

dropping important passes was enough for me to conclude that his hands aren't decent.

Yes, decent. Not great - decent. He really wasn't targeted all that much last season. I think we are so used to having the TG safety valve that we expect so much from a 2nd year player. TG is the best ever.

You're crazy if you believe that anyone is expecting him to be TG.

We all but gave the guy the job last year and he did nothing with it. You can say he has decent hands but he seemed to drop A Lot of the balls thrown his way. For an athletic guy he struggled to get open. And he isn't really the build for a blocking TE.

At the very least we need to bring in some competition and make him fight for the job. I would guess by now the new staff had seen a lot of tape on him. I haven't heard many endorsements going his way.

When this guy housler is seen as an upgrade, that should tell you all you need to know. That guy had done very little as well.

He did a pretty good job blocking when we ran out of O-linemen...

bust

Great insight.

I find it interesting that many posters say the Falcons were right in releasing a lot of players in order to give young guys like Goodman, Maponga, Southward etc a chance.

Yet at the same time the same posters list TE is one of the biggest needs.

That's hilarious. The guys you listed never got a chance. Toilolo was the starting TE last year and didn't do much with his chance. If you actually saw his play last season, you'd see why we need an upgrade.

he drops more passes than he gets targeted

This is false.

That's hilarious. The guys you listed never got a chance. Toilolo was the starting TE last year and didn't do much with his chance. If you actually saw his play last season, you'd see why we need an upgrade.

The answer: Bring in a guy coming off a nine catch season.

Again, he was in his 2nd year. If he has been hitting the weight room hard, studying and practicing - I bet he has a more productive season.

I would not be surprised if we don't sign a starting TE, but rather depth behind Toilolo.

I watched every single game last season (multiple times) and yes he has had a case of the dropsies, but I look for him to turn it around...

Can't disagree with you

BUT I saw those other young guys play as well, and the Falcons NEED upgrades across the board not just at TE

My point (question is) why do they get a pass and Toilolo does not?