Unused Cap Space Rolls Over To Next Year

Five_Fifs

...... For those of you all bemoaning our failure to nab a big fish.

That money will come in handy when it comes to an extension for Julio, or a front loaded contract for any other FA, for that matter.

Or if it comes down to overpaying for a FA, that extra breathing room will come in handy.

For a franchise that has, in some very specific occasions in recent memory, overpaid for talent in FAgency, being a bit more judicious in its selections is not a bad thing. And in the long haul can become a very good thing

Edited by Five_Fifs

...... For those of you all bemoaning out failure to nab a big fish.

That money will come in handy when it comes to an extension for Julio, or a front loaded contract for any other FA, for that matter.

Or if it comes down to overpaying for a FA, that extra breathing room will come in handy.

For a franchise that has, in some very specific occasions in recent memory, overpaid for talent in FAgency, being a bit more judicious in its selections is not a bad thing. And in the long haul can become a very good thing

This is exactly what I would do. I would resign Julio and pay him a truckload upfront and give us some relief for years to come. It's a no brainer to me unless someone gets cut june 1 that we have to have

This is exactly what I would do. I would resign Julio and pay him a truckload upfront and give us some relief for years to come. It's a no brainer to me unless someone gets cut june 1 that we have to have

That's my view. We need to pay Julio before Thomas, Bryant, and Green get extensions. Once the first happens, each contract after will one-up the one before it

I'm still hoping that Julio's relationship with Roddy will help to take the edge off of his first contract. Fingers_Crossed_emoticon.gif

Roddy's first contract was a steal for the production that we got out of him, and we rewarded him, by not skimping on his second either.

Somewhere between 12-14 would be fine, but I'd love it to be around 12-13.

I'm still hoping that Julio's relationship with Roddy will help to take the edge off of his first contract. Fingers_Crossed_emoticon.gif

Roddy's first contract was a steal for the production that we got out of him, and we rewarded him, by not skimping on his second either.

Somewhere between 12-14 would be fine, but I'd love it to be around 12-13.

I hope not. Roddy held out twice for a bigger contract

I hope Julio gets downright paid and that we pay him. F*ck all of this "I hope he takes a discount" crap. Take a pay cut at work because some stranger likes your employer so much.

You realize that doesn't make a lick of sense right? Teams will always try and get lower cost deals, b/c it allows them to sign more players. Your compariso doesn't work either, since the NFL cap system is not like that of most businesses.

You realize that doesn't make a lick of sense right? Teams will always try and get lower cost deals, b/c it allows them to sign more players. Your compariso doesn't work either, since the NFL cap system is not like that of most businesses.

It does make sense. Julio's job is to make as much money as he can. Like you said, teams will try and pay him less because it's in their best interest.

What benefit is there for Julio taking less money? What benefit is there for you to take less money at your job?

...... For those of you all bemoaning our failure to nab a big fish.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/salary-cap-set-and-most-teams-are-ready-to-spend-030915

we have to spend it any way wer going to have to over pay someone at some point why not when you have a all pro like suh or over a a little for some other guys they wanted like morgan or Kendricks

there top guys were Derrick Morgan,Lance Kendricks,Ron Parker they did get Reed and Durant but i think they missed on there top guys in morgan.

some say we may pay jones now thats ok but what happens when you give him a bunch now and he holds out for more in year 2 or 3 of the deal when he's making next to nothing ? its happen before

there sitting on all this cap space and have a ton of holes to fill and even made it worse by cutting Blalock and not retaining Peters or spoon

we have to over pay because we are a bad football team who wants to come here and play? all bad teams have to over pay otherwise they just stay put or go to a wining team.

i actually think there plan backfired in grabing cheap player with highupside reward like morgan or kendricks they did get there guy in reed then were forced to gamble on durant(spoon leaving) and Clayborn(morgan)

haven't we rolled over cap space money the last few years? this isn't news......the thing is, as good as some of your post SOUNDS, the 'save it for a rainy day fund' wasn't used the last two years, what makes you think it would be this year or next?

We rolled over 2.3 million from last season. We started off the season last year with somewhere between 8 and 9 mil of cap space. If it's not getting used, where'd it go?

We rolled over 2.3 million from last season. We started off the season last year with somewhere between 8 and 9 mil of cap space. If it's not getting used, where'd it go?

really? you mean picking up the jax players off the sidewalk that got cut for poor performance cost us THAT much?

really? you mean picking up the jax players off the sidewalk that got cut for poor performance cost us THAT much?

Players we signed during the season last year

S - Sean Baker

OT - Harland Gunn

OT - Jonathan Scott

OT - Cameron Bradfield

S - Charles Godfrey

Who did we have go on IR?

OT - Lamar Holmes

S - William Moore

OT - Sam Baker

What do you know, we signed safeties and OT's when we had players go on IR......you know, emergencies?

I'm not sure what you expected.

haven't we rolled over cap space money the last few years? this isn't news......the thing is, as good as some of your post SOUNDS, the 'save it for a rainy day fund' wasn't used the last two years, what makes you think it would be this year or next?

And thats my point

if your not willing to sign maybe the second best Defensive player in football in suh and is right in his prime and probably has 4-5 pro bowl years left in him who are you saving it on?

Houston will be tagged again because more than likely his year average will be close to 20 anyway no use in giving him that money when they can tag him for something close to that and not risk the long term deal or maybe he caves and takes something in the 13-17 range.

and for houston to come here he's not even an option because of what he'll cammand it will take a 5 year 100+ mil deal or 6 for 120 to get him and if there not willing to pay a player like suh whos talent is much harder to find than houston there not giving him that plus Julio is going to get 15+ mil year thats done only way he doesn't is if we tag him which then it would make no sense to be sitting on all this money

at the end of the day there plan to grab young cheap talents with high upside backfired as they actually used the falcons as leverage in other deals

for cheifs to tag justin houston again next season it will only be 15.6 mil he'd make more than that who wouldn't just tag him again if they can't afford to hold out and the way its structured the player really has no leverage look back at jackson he held out then had to play because the eagles called his bluff he also caved and signed a smaller contract then was traded after he under performed

were not getting houston its just highly unlikely to happen there even then if they got him they'll massively have to over pay for him. This season is really the only chance they sign him this season to a 20 mil yearly contract if they wait untill after the draft they can use the 8th overall pick and the cheifs wouldn't get it banking you'd have late picks going forward the next two seasons.

Front loaded contract for Julio = holding out for more money later on in the contract.

thats what some many are over looking not to mention julio probably a two contract player factoring in his injuries so once he gets then chung of money i could eaisly see him wanting a new deal going into year three

It does make sense. Julio's job is to make as much money as he can. Like you said, teams will try and pay him less because it's in their best interest.

What benefit is there for Julio taking less money? What benefit is there for you to take less money at your job?

Benefit? The team signs more players to help you win. There is plenty of reason for players to take less to benefit their team, and it happens all the time.

thats what some many are over looking not to mention julio probably a two contract player factoring in his injuries so once he gets then chung of money i could eaisly see him wanting a new deal going into year three

This is stupid speculation, what evidence is there to suggest that Julio is that player.

But then after reading some of your other posts I realized that you're a troll, a pessimist or an idiot. I'm not sure which and I'm not going to worry myself arguing the semantics.