My 2.0 Mock Draft

I'm not going to add FA signings but will say that I hope we get the following before the draft or before the season starts.

1- Greg Hardy

2- Stefen Wisniewski

3- Zach Miller

Draft-

1- Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson

Beasley totaled 12 sacks, 33 tackles, 21.5 tackles for a loss, three passes batted and three forced fumbles in 2014. He was a pass-rushing terror, including excellent games against Florida State and South Carolina. However, Beasley's run defense against Georgia suggests he is due for a position change in the NFL.

The 6-foot-2 Beasley weight is up to 246 pounds. He is strong for his weight, and that was illustrated at the Combine. However, there is no doubt that Beasley won't be able to stay at defensive end. He could play in a 3-4 defense and be moved around. A good fit may come as an outside linebacker in a 4-3 who plays in a similar style to Broncos linebacker Von Miller.

Beasley was a tremendous pass-rusher for Clemson in 2013 with 13 sacks. He also picked up 23 tackles for a loss, 41 tackles, six passes batted, four forced fumbles and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. In 2012, Beasley had 14 tackles with eight sacks and a forced fumble.

2- Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State

In 2014, Darby had 43 tackles with four passes broken up and was a solid contributor on special teams as well. He is a fast cover corner who is put together well. Darby is skilled at not allowing separation and running the routes with receivers, but he has to improve his ability to play the ball.

Darby played well as a cover corner in the Seminoles' secondary in 2013 following Xavier Rhodes' departure to the NFL. Darby (5-11, 193) had four passes broken up and two interceptions that season. He impressed in 2012 with eight passes broken up, 22 tackles and a forced fumble. Darby has natural cover-corner skills.

3- Jeremiah Poutasi, OG/OT, Utah

Poutasi (6-5, 335) was a surprise early entry into the 2015 NFL Draft. 2014 was his second-straight season playing well at left tackle for the Utes. Poutasi is projected to move inside to guard in the NFL. In 2014, Poutasi opened a lot of holes on the ground for running back Devontae Booker. Poutasi played well at right tackle as a freshman in 2012, so he has some versatility for the next level.

4- Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State

Langford totaled 1,522 yards and 22 touchdowns in 2014 while averaging 6.0 yards per carry. He also had 11 receptions for 62 yards. Langford (5-11, 211) is a physical back, and he surprised many with a fast 40 at the Combine. Langford would be best as rotational back and the physical thumper to take on short-yardage situations. He was the workhorse for the Spartans' offense and subjected to a heavy load.

5- Ali Marpet, OT, Hobart

The Division III star Marpet had a breakout Senior Bowl. He got better each practice and held his own against the tougher competition. Marpet was a gritty blocker who showed the strength and athleticism to win his blocks. After a nice week in Mobile, the Hobart product continued his upward climb with his Combine performance. Marpet recorded the fastest 40 times in his class and had an official time of 4.98. He also moved smoothly in the field. Marpet moved smoothly in the field drills and showed some natural athleticism.

6- Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State

Davison (6-2, 316) recorded 58 tackles with eight sacks and 12.5 tackles for a loss in 2014. He picked up three sacks against Hawaii. Davison had a quality week at the East-West Shrine.

7a- Marcus Rush, DE, Michigan State

37 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, 7.5 sacks, three passes batted and two forced fumbles in 2014. He is a gritty player who is tough.

7b- Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina

29 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, one pass broken up and two forced fumbles in 2014. He is an under-the-radar prospect, but he looks like bowling ball rolling through the offensive line. Very disruptive. Williams is a big boy "353 lbs."

My opinion on Falcons BIGGEST needs is...

1. Cornerstone Edge Rusher
  2. Starting Caliber Offensive Guard
  3. Starting Ability Tight End
  4. Bigger Running Back to complement Freeman
  5. Centerfielding Free Safety to compete to start
  6. OL Depth
  7. CB Depth
  8. LB Depth (I feel signing the 2 we did, bolster the LB core enough for THIS off-season. I like Shembo to start.)

Fell out of love with a Development WR when we signed Hankerson. Can't carry much more than Jones, White, Hankerson, Hester, Weems. Reedy is worth investigating in my opinion. I wouldn't be mad if we picked one, however. This is a good WR class.

Edited by FalconBlood