Why Do So Many Here Panic As If Our 2015 Roster Is 100% Set At The Moment?

gazoo

Switiching schemes (**** am I starting to that word) can help you only so much if you lack talent like we do. People here have a right to be worried. Other than the draft there isnt much too add out there thats going to help our team out. Very rarley are you going to find a good players after the June 1st cuts and training camp cuts. I think most people here though we had a chance to win the superbowl with the right moves. It looks like the staff is taking the 2 year apporch what I dont think we needed too but it is what it is.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the beat goes on. Oh, and LOL @ "panic" going on in here. Disappointment, yes to a certain extent, reasonably so and I share that feeling, but panic?? OP should try to be less of a drama queen with his choice of words if he wants to be taken seriously.

We're all guilty of overstating things to make a point. "Panic" is hyperbole, but if you're going to knock someone for the words he uses to describe something, it undercuts your point by using words like 'drama queen' and 'cheerleader' to do it.

One thing I'm noticing with some of those carping about FA, they don't seem to acknowledge we only just now started tweaking the roster, they act as if we already have our 2015 starting roster in place. Even larger is is notion that we are just switching average players for average players this offseason, completely ignoring we are switching schemes, identity, philosophy and most importantly coaching.

We still have June 1st veteran cuts where all sorts of talented vets will come on the market (with much saner contract numbers)

We still have the draft and we pick at top of each round. Last year we got a starter in Matthews and several players who made contributions in Hageman, Freeman, Shembo and Southward. The year before we got two startng CB's. This year I anticipate a highly talented, starting pass rusher at the very least.

After the draft, during training camp some teams will cut veteran players they realize they no longer need because one of the young guys will be so promising teams will want to let them start.

Guys, there are going to be al kinds of opportunities to continue to add pieces to the puzzle up to through the first snap of the season.

Those claiming we have no pass rushers are flat out wrong. First of all Hageman flashed big last year, this second training camp things at,e going to slow way down for him and he is definitely capable at getting the QB off the mark and sometimes on his azz. Prince Shembo was a very good pass rusher for the Irish at OLB, playing both Weak and strong sides, in both 3 point stances and standing up. It's not his fault Nolan misused him, Quinn will put Shembo in a place where his pass rushing skills will be realized. Don't tell me some of these guys we just signed can't get to the QB either, there is film of them all sacking and pressing QBs. Add the 8th pick of the draft to the mix and don't tell me we haven't done anything to improve the pass rush, we'll have done a LOT to improve it by time season starts and have already made good progress.

The FO and Coach Quinn will do the very best they can to address/upgrade for scheme. It just won't be good enough to turn this franchise around in 2015. No need in getting upset, just know and understand.

And the beat goes on. Oh, and LOL @ "panic" going on in here. Disappointment, yes to a certain extent, reasonably so and I share that feeling, but panic?? OP should try to be less of a drama queen with his choice of words if he wants to be taken seriously.

What's worse is, they seem allergic to qualifying their points as their opinion or belief. They speak in absolutes. Quinn, Pioli and TD will do this or that, and if you don't down that koolaid with gusto, then you're just being negative.

Exactly!! It's not panicking, it's many years of watching this franchise do all the wrong things and many of us are not going to automatically crown this staff and it's injury prone, average players. Some act as if we have the same history as NE or Pit. The staff and of course TD talks the talk, but we need to see them walk the walk. Enough talk!!!

What's worse is, they seem allergic to qualifying their points as their opinion or belief. They speak in absolutes. Quinn, Pioli and TD will do this or that, and if you don't down that koolaid with gusto, then you're just being negative.

Yep and they can never just make their point without trying to belittle those that don't automatically drink the kool-aid. Fans have every right, based on this franchises poor history, to be skeptical or cautiously optimistic. These same fans were taking this same stuff last year and the year before that and every other year.

I think nearly all of us know that the final roster is far from being set. there will be more FA signings now, after June 1, after final cuts, heck even during the season.

There is the draft and all of those unsigned FA rookies etc.

BUT even knowing that---- Why is is wrong to discuss the roster as it NOW stands??????

I think it highlights what had been done(much or little) to date and what remains to be done.

I think nearly all of us know that the final roster is far from being set. there will be more FA signings now, after June 1, after final cuts, heck even during the season.

There is the draft and all of those unsigned FA rookies etc.

BUT even knowing that---- Why is is wrong to discuss the roster as it NOW stands??????

I think it highlights what had been done(much or little) to date and what remains to be done.

Stop being logical!

Dan Quinn, with the final say on the 53, has not even fielded a team in a regular season game and you already say optimistic fans are drinking the koolaid? Come on!

Over my 50 years of watching NFL football, I cannot tell you how many times I've seen a below average defensive player be signed by another team who utilizes said below average player in a different way in an entirely different defensive scheme , and watch them go on to have career years.

Quinn is the kind of coach who knows exactly what he is looking for and exactly how to put previously average players, late round draft picks with limits in their games, in a position to be pro bowlers. I'm not sure if some just don't understand this concept or what, but it is not talked about here much.

This is one of the reasons I'm so freaking excited about Quinn being here. I simply cannot wait to see how he utilizes guys like Southward, Hageman, Shembo, Alford, Ishmail. I also expect him to get more out of most of our vets like Babs and Jackson. The guys we are signing in FA, you miss way too much by just pulling up their fantasy league stats from last year and assuming that's exactly how they will be played here.

This defense really could make a quantum leap next year if this all comes together and we get a little luck on our side from the injury bug. Yes, it's more likely a 2 year rebuild, but not necessarilly.

Hey support the FO and Coach Quinn, support free agency moves, support the draft and support the Falcons. Just don't get your hopes up or be disappointed when you realize what was done was not enough.

There are 12 teams with 20 million dollars in cap space or more.

What are they all saving for?

Personally, I really don't care what the other teams are doing. I only care about what the Falcons are doing. I know they're are multiple teams that have won multiple SB's and we haven't won a single one. It's not easy, but it sure isn't rocket science. This franchise acts like it is.

1.There's only 2-3 good players are cut on June 1st, and we never sign the top June 1st cut players. The rest are on the downside of their careers and are average at best, that's why they are cut.

2. It's been alarming that top talent does not want to come to ATL. Other teams have players take less money because they want to play for a great organization. We offer more money and still get rejected. I.e Niles Paul, Derrick Morgan, Ron Parker, etc.

3. We have a lot of money tied up in players 30 and over that are not playing to their contracts and Dimitroff is not restructuring jack

4. We have an Oline that needs a overhaul because half of them are not in shape to run a zone-blocking scheme.

The draft will help but we need more.

The first of many scard posters.

Personally, I really don't care what the other teams are doing. I only care about what the Falcons are doing. I know they're are multiple teams that have won multiple SB's and we haven't won a single one. It's not easy, but it sure isn't rocket science. This franchise acts like it is.

The point is, what is the purpose of spending money just because we have it?

Not every free agent we target is going to want to come here.

I'd love to see how some of you guys handle your personal finances.

It's probably like watching Mickey Loomis manage a cap. Just throw it on a credit card, F it.

The point is, what is the purpose of spending money just because we have it?

Not every free agent we target is going to want to come here.

I'd love to see how some of you guys handle your personal finances.

It's probably like watching Mickey Loomis manage a cap. Just throw it on a credit card, F it.

My finances are set up for an early retirement.

Pass rush has been our weakest spot for several years and counting. We have never put a priority on it, under TD. When you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome, is insanity. Relying on average, injury prone players and hoping we land one of the top rookie pass rushers is not going to get me to drink that kool-aid. This franchise had burnt me far too often than not. I'm in the show me stage of my fandom.

My finances are set up for an early retirement.

Pass rush has been our weakest spot for several years and counting. We have never put a priority on it, under TD. When you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome, is insanity. Relying on average, injury prone players and hoping we land one of the top rookie pass rushers is not going to get me to drink that kool-aid. This franchise had burnt me far too often than not. I'm in the show me stage of my fandom.

Again, 90% of the pass rushers on the market went back to their current teams. That isn't TD's fault. We were obviously in the market for a pass rusher, but it didn't work out because nobody wanted to pick up and move, understandably so.

TD has tried and tried to land a pass rusher. We offered Charles Johnson a ton of money only for Carolina to match it and he stayed home.

Through your eyes everybody on the market is an option when it's not even close to reality.

Again, 90% of the pass rushers on the market went back to their current teams. That isn't TD's fault. We were obviously in the market for a pass rusher, but it didn't work out because nobody wanted to pick up and move, understandably so.

TD has tried and tried to land a pass rusher. We offered Charles Johnson a ton of money only for Carolina to match it and he stayed home.

Through your eyes everybody on the market is an option when it's not even close to reality.

So bottomline is, TD has a hard time selling this team to talented FA pass rushers? I knew that for the past several years. Just one of many reasons why he should have been fired.

So bottomline is, TD has a hard time selling this team to talented FA pass rushers? I knew that for the past several years. Just one of many reasons why he should have been fired.

Bottom line is, rarely do top tier players switch teams until late in their careers and they get cut.

For every Suh chasing top dollar you have the rest of the pass rushers that were available this year that re-signed with their team to stay home.

Or are you really blind? So many pass rushers re-signed with their own teams that you had your hopes and dreams set on derrick freakin morgan.

yeah because so many top free agents wanted to come here before then right?