Te And Cb Best Bet For Remainder Of Free Agency

caveman

I assume we will get one of the top DE/OLB pass rushers at #8. I would like to think that we would get a three-down MLB with the second pick. I'm not sure if Hardy should be considered or not. It would be interesting to get Wilfork for a 2 year reasonable deal - Imagine going monster inside with Soliai and Wilfork, or for each to give the other a breather - not to mention insurance against injury.

This draft is thin at TE and CB, so if we could pick up vets at these positions (even if it's just for a year or two) we would take care of two problems before the draft. I'm less concerned about safety than some ..... I would like to keep Lowrey at FS, but I would love Southward to 'own' this position - we also have Godfrey at FS. Moore seems motivated to make a difference at SS, and Ish showed some ability last year - not sure if Motta good enough to be a backup or not.

Since the nickel is used so often, every team needs at least three starting caliber CB's. Alford still needs to establish himself and I think drafting a CB in a later round might not get a player that could start immediately. Again, I feel we shoud get a pass rusher in the 1st and a MLB in the second.

Bottom line is that our entire LB core was sub-par last year. We need LB's that can provide some of the pass rush, but they must also be able to cover a TE or RB on those 5-15 short routes that are killing us - not to mention stuffing the rushing game. I also want to win the lottery ... LOL

Wait and see guys lets see what Quinn can do with what we've got first before making bold judgements.I know most fans don't like the idea of a holding pattern but for me thats what FA & the draft is.For me it doesn't matte who we get its what the new coaching staff can do with what we get.

So if we don't get what is percieved to be good players across the board then its up to the coaching staff to make water into wine.

To stay on topic - Housler at TE and Tramon Williams at corner would shore up those positions at a reasonable price. It's also possible that they could be starter quality. I'm counting on our first 2 picks to be starters (rusher & MLB).

To stay on topic - Housler at TE and Tramon Williams at corner would shore up those positions at a reasonable price. It's also possible that they could be starter quality. I'm counting on our first 2 picks to be starters (rusher & MLB).

Definitely on board for all of the above