Bud Dupree Lovers Must See

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Plow

2nd rd talent at best. One of those who make a show whoopin up on an inferior team.

You do realize that he played the majority of his games against SEC teams yes?

From CBS Sportsline:

Player Overview Beasley might have been considered an undersized 'tweener and a fringe top 100 pick just a few years ago.

But new levels of desperation for teams trying to affect quarterbacks in today's pass-happy NFL will likely contribute to a demand for Beasley, who is likely to be drafted in the Top 40.

Beasley reportedly received a second-round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee last year after leading the ACC with 13 sacks (along with 23 tackles for loss). He followed that up this season with similar production (11.5 sacks, 18.5 tackles for loss through the regular season), proving his success was no fluke. He passed Michael Dean Perry and Gaines Adams (among others) this season to become Clemson's all-time sack king, with 32 QB takedowns (through the 2014 regular season) over his career.

Though Beasley's lean frame has led some to question his legitimacy as an every-down end prospect for the next level, his electric first step, long arms and active hands have enabled him to routinely create and maintain space against bigger blockers, and he has consistently shown a knack for keeping opponents on their heels with quick change-of-direction ability. Beasley will run himself out of plays occasionally and he may be a bit of a one-trick-pony. But his specialty - creating big plays for loss -- is one that every team in the league is looking for.

Edited by slider

Okay, watch Fowler's game against LSU, he had 2 sacks, but one was a coverage sack and the other was because their was pressure on the other side and made the QB scramble to Fowler. Other than that he was completely locked down as a pass rusher and has no push the entire game. Tell me why anyone would take this guy in the top 5, much less in the first round. I'm higher on Dupree than Fowler, btw.

Here's the fun and insane opinion - None of the Top 5 DE are worth #8. Questions abound with every single one of them.

Watch us go OL. Just Watch.

I would be 100% OK with that. We could improve a serious weak spot and keep our offensive costs down, long term. There will be plenty of good pass rushing prospects at the top of round 2 who all have similar flaws to the guys we keep trying to force ourselves to take at #8. I trust TD to make the right call with this pick, BPA.

The problem I have with Dupree is that athleticism doesn't show up on tape like the numbers would indicate. Why do you think everybody was so surprised when he bust those numbers out? It's not like when Dontari Poe did it because he was at Memphis, where nobody was looking for NFL talent. Dupree was known going into the season and watched plenty. Compare that to Vic Beasley. The only number people were surprised by was his weight. Why? Because Beasley's athleticism is apparent the very first snap you put on. Dupree benefitted from a lot of free runs at the QB. Just watch the tape. He's a borderline first guy who will go in the first 20 picks because of his combine.

The problem I have with Dupree is that athleticism doesn't show up on tape like the numbers would indicate. Why do you think everybody was so surprised when he bust those numbers out? It's not like when Dontari Poe did it because he was at Memphis, where nobody was looking for NFL talent. Dupree was known going into the season and watched plenty. Compare that to Vic Beasley. The only number people were surprised by was his weight. Why? Because Beasley's athleticism is apparent the very first snap you put on. Dupree benefitted from a lot of free runs at the QB. Just watch the tape. He's a borderline first guy who will go in the first 20 picks because of his combine.

Not sure what you are talking about. He was scouted based on the athleticism on tape. People already knew how athletic he was. If you watched the video I posted you can see it on tape because that is what is discussed. What was missing on tape was his technique. Unlike most of the top pass rushers in this draft Dupree also spent a lot of time playing in space.

Not sure what you are talking about. He was scouted based on the athleticism on tape. People already knew how athletic he was. If you watched the video I posted you can see it on tape because that is what is discussed. What was missing on tape was his technique. Unlike most of the top pass rushers in this draft Dupree also spent a lot of time playing in space.

Then why is it being made such a big deal? Because it doesn't show up. You didn't question Clowney's when he ran his 40...because it was all over the tape. Dupree's 4.5 speed isn't. He's basically .03 seconds slower than Beasley. Does it look like it on film? No.

The comparison I give him is a player similar to Dion Jordan. Yes, he can play in space. But I don't think he will be more than a 6 sack guy. I watched the video you posted. I've watched multiple games of Dupree. I keep coming away unimpressed and struggle to find those combine stats on tape. Give me a game to sell me on Dupree. I've probably already watched it.