Nfln Puts Matt Ryan #1 Overall In 2008 Draft Redo

Begotten912

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My knock on Ryan is he only has one 30 touchdown season despite all the talent he's thrown to over 7 years. The other guys do it with less

Ben only has two. And he's been in the league quite a bit longer. The second one came this season when 12 of his TDs came in 2 games. He's had some talent around him, so have Luck, Manning, Rodgers and Brady. All of the top tier guys play with other talented guys. It's a chicken or egg scenario.

Rodgers and Big Ben ran for their lives for a few seasons and still had big numbers. They'd love to have thrown to Roddy in his prime, with Gonzalez, with Julio. Look at what happens to their receivers when they leave. Wallace just got dumped and Jennings just got cut. Neither did much in their new homes. They have developed the receivers and that says a lot. Tom and Peyton got a lot of guys paid that weren't as great as they looked. And so have Rodgers and Ben.

There were 50 sack seasons for both those QB's, Ryan hasn't sniffed that punishment

To be fair, yes both of those guys have had bad o lines, but they've both been criticized, especially Ben, for holding the ball too long.

Ben only has two. And he's been in the league quite a bit longer. The second one came this season when 12 of his TDs came in 2 games. He's had some talent around him, so have Luck, Manning, Rodgers and Brady. All of the top tier guys play with other talented guys. It's a chicken or egg scenario.

Can you name a trio better than Roddy, Gonzo, and Julio for any of those QB's? I've seen receivers from Deion Branch to Greg Jennings leave those teams and do zilch when they do

Once again I agree with some of this but **** man two of the qbs you just listed don't meet the criteria you listed.

Luck is 3-3 in playoffs

Romo is 2-4 in playoffs. Still better than Ryan's 1-4, Romo had the #1 QBR rating in 2014.

Once again I'm one of Ryan's biggest fans . I'm from LA and I come to the dome once a year to watch a game or travel local to watch a game . I have a freaking signed jersey hanging in my living room . This is just my honest opinion , I'm just not a homer

Not to knock Ryan because I love that guy, but 2008 was a piss poor draft all around really. Not much competition.

It wasn't piss poor but the first 15 picks didn't pan out like folks thought. You go through the first 3 rounds there are some names of note but a lot of them are already done/have seen there best days and the ones that aren't still don't stack up to a franchise QB.

Can you name a trio better than Roddy, Gonzo, and Julio for any of those QB's? I've seen receivers from Deion Branch to Greg Jennings leave those teams and do zilch when they do

Harrison, Wayne, Clark AND James.

Moss and Welker was pretty dam good for Brady, though it wasn't technically a trio. Almost forgot the most dominant TE in the game in Gronk.

Jennings Driver and Nelson was a pretty good trio for Rodgers. Plus Finley as a threat at TE, and Cobb the last few years.

The steelers have a run game. Every. Year. Leveon Bell was probably the best RB in the game last year and Wallace, Brown and Emmanuel sanders have all been pretty good for them.

Peyton a second time around? Thomas, Welker, Sanders, J. Thomas >>>>>> Julio, Roddy, and HD this year.

NEXT! The talent argument is old bro. They all play with other talented guys. None of em do it alone.

I'm a manning homer but I don't think he's a top 5 guy anymore. I hope he proves me wrong but I just feel like his age reared its ugly head at the end of last season.

Luck is awesome but he's still a little immature on the field and makes some bonehead decisions at times.

Roethlisberger is seems very hot and cold to me. Great QB and future HoFer though. He's in a category on his own and is one of the toughest dudes to ever play the position. Never seen any QB as tough as that dude (Ryan is dam close though).

You've got to be kidding? He''s still #1 , He's like a machine well tuned.. When they lose it's not because of him,, But the same can be said for Ryan... If everybody did their job as well as Ryan, we would never lose a game either.

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Luck

Brees

Romo ( who had the best QBR in 2014 )

In this order

I have Matt 7th . I am a huge Ryan fan. For me the stats are great but not enough playoff wins under his belt .

Matt has had crappy offensive lines the past 2 years and horrid defenses for many years . But I don't think its an excuse for his 1-4 playoff record . And once again I'm a huge Ryan fan

I prettt much agree with you I was just pointing out some discrepancies in how you were ranking them.

I think any given year Ryan is capable of being a top 3-8 Qb in the league depending on the team around him.You can win a SB with a Qb in that area which is all I care about myself.

Rodgers, Brady, Luck, Big Ben, Rivers, RYAN, Brees, Romo, Wilson, Flacco, Stafford, Newton, Cap, Tannehill, Dalton.

Stop hating on Matts game. He has complete control of this offense. Gets rocked every quarter and only missed 2 games his entire career. Ryan came in the league establishing himself. Made us forget the Vick era so fast. Give this man some respect.

No Mannings because their careers are basically over.

Archived