Nfln Puts Matt Ryan #1 Overall In 2008 Draft Redo

Begotten912

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Past three years he hasn't done too well with turnovers. To be fair, his o-line those three years haven't been far from great.

The Ryan debate to me boils down to one point.Can you win a superbowl with him at Qb?I believe you can with the proper team around him.So debate over for me personally.
Guest Negatorris

I'm a manning homer but I don't think he's a top 5 guy anymore. I hope he proves me wrong but I just feel like his age reared its ugly head at the end of last season.

Luck is awesome but he's still a little immature on the field and makes some bonehead decisions at times.

Roethlisberger is seems very hot and cold to me. Great QB and future HoFer though. He's in a category on his own and is one of the toughest dudes to ever play the position. Never seen any QB as tough as that dude (Ryan is dam close though).

All three of those guys are straight up better than Ryan imo.

All three of those guys are straight up better than Ryan imo.

Maybe? I think there's only two that are clear cut better than Ryan and that's Rodgers and Brady. All of the other guys in the conversation have significant question marks. Not going to rehash them because i stated them above, briefly.

Also, a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Maybe? I think there's only two that are clear cut better than Ryan and that's Rodgers and Brady. All of the other guys in the conversation have significant question marks. Not going to rehash them because i stated them above, briefly.

Yep. Totally agree with that statement.

My knock on Ryan is he only has one 30 touchdown season despite all the talent he's thrown to over 7 years. The other guys do it with less

What about the talent in front of them as far as offensive lines?

Rodgers and Big Ben ran for their lives for a few seasons and still had big numbers. They'd love to have thrown to Roddy in his prime, with Gonzalez, with Julio. Look at what happens to their receivers when they leave. Wallace just got dumped and Jennings just got cut. Neither did much in their new homes. They have developed the receivers and that says a lot. Tom and Peyton got a lot of guys paid that weren't as great as they looked. And so have Rodgers and Ben.

There were 50 sack seasons for both those QB's, Ryan hasn't sniffed that punishment

I agree with you somewhat but this begs the question.Who do you have in your top five currently?

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Luck

Brees

Romo ( who had the best QBR in 2014 )

In this order

I have Matt 7th . I am a huge Ryan fan. For me the stats are great but not enough playoff wins under his belt .

Matt has had crappy offensive lines the past 2 years and horrid defenses for many years . But I don't think its an excuse for his 1-4 playoff record . And once again I'm a huge Ryan fan

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Luck

Brees

In this order

I have Matt 7th . I am a huge Ryan fan. For me the stats are great but not enough playoff wins under his belt .

Eww Romo.. I mean really. ..Romo. ..I mean. ..Seriously? Romo? Like cowboys Romo? No sir, no. No. No. Absolutely no.

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Luck

Brees

In this order

Matt has had crappy offensive lines the past 2 years and horrid defenses for many years . But I don't think its an excuse for his 1-4 playoff record . And once again I'm a huge Ryan fan

I'd have those guys ahead of Ryan except swap Big Ben for Brees.

Eww Romo.. I mean really. ..Romo. ..I mean. ..Seriously? Romo? Like cowboys Romo? No sir, no. No. No. Absolutely no.

If you think that bad of Romo, you might not want to look at his numbers compared to Ryan. Then you'll really think bad of Ryan.

Romo gets hated on because everyone hates the Cowboys, his numbers in his career are very good

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Luck

Brees

In this order

Once again I agree with some of this but damn man two of the qbs you just listed don't meet the criteria you listed.

Archived