Kc Does What Saints Dont. Treat Their Players Right! Grubbs Gets New Deal That Pays Him, Not Takes Money Away From Him.

Trouble

Earlier this week, the Saints shipped Ben Grubbs to Kansas City for a fifth-round pick. And the Chiefs promptly tore up the final year of the guard’s existing deal.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Grubbs and the Chiefs agreed to terms on a four-year, $24 million contract. The deal has $8 million guaranteed at signing and another $3 million that becomes fully guaranteed if Grubbs is on the 90-man roster in March 2017.

According to the source, the Saints had asked Grubbs, 31, to reduce his 2015 compensation from $6.6 million to $4.5 million, with little or no guaranteed money. Under the new deal, Grubbs will get his $6.6 million in 2015.

Grubbs signed a five-year, $36 million contract with the Saints in 2012 after starting his career with the Ravens.

Saints want players they even trade for to cut their price. Take money away from them from day 1.

Grubbs was like losing the anchor on the line....literally.

Grubbs had one slightly down year not finishing in the top ten and they act like he is Sam baker.

I wish our coaches could build an oline that creates those high expectations

Lol refused to take pay cut?

You don't approach a player that's earning his pay about a pay cut. Jesus. It's ok to admit that the Saints had cap trouble and that certain players weren't earning their keep.

The Saints did what they had to do for the better of the team. Grubbs had to do what he had to do for himself.

Dude, why waste your time. Loomis could admit these moves were due to financial reasons and the Who Dat's would still insist it's all because of performance. DN brought up a great point about Lofton being shown the door.

I know. I just don't get it though. There's some that admit it but most are still hanging on to the idea that the 20 million over was done on purpose and a few triggers would clear the cap and then some

I guess they fought it so hard it's difficult to admit they were wrong ?

I know. I just don't get it though. There's some that admit it but most are still hanging on to the idea that the 20 million over was done on purpose and a few triggers would clear the cap and then some

I guess they fought it so hard it's difficult to admit they were wrong ?

Sy, Loomis himself said this, Saints fans weren't just randomly throwing this out just to debunk the "cap H3ll" argument. Some of these moves are cap related, some were performance related.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/13383/saints-mickey-loomis-talks-salary-cap-plan-mark-ingram

"Loomis reiterated that the Saints have a plan for trimming the estimated $25 million in salary-cap space that will be required over the next three weeks. Although Loomis didn’t specify that plan, a huge part will include converting roster bonuses into signing bonuses with players likeJunior Galette, Jairus Byrd, Jimmy Graham and Curtis Lofton. That simple tweak could save about $20 million right away, shifting those cap costs into future years. "

again, not debating the fact that the cap isn't a mess, but these were words from the horses mouth, so why wouldn't we as Saints fans not take him at his his word, since you know, he's the one that said it?

Sy, Loomis himself said this, Saints fans weren't just randomly throwing this out just to debunk the "cap H3ll" argument. Some of these moves are cap related, some were performance related.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/13383/saints-mickey-loomis-talks-salary-cap-plan-mark-ingram

"Loomis reiterated that the Saints have a plan for trimming the estimated $25 million in salary-cap space that will be required over the next three weeks. Although Loomis didn’t specify that plan, a huge part will include converting roster bonuses into signing bonuses with players likeJunior Galette, Jairus Byrd, Jimmy Graham and Curtis Lofton. That simple tweak could save about $20 million right away, shifting those cap costs into future years. "

again, not debating the fact that the cap isn't a mess, but these were words from the horses mouth, so why wouldn't we as Saints fans not take him at his his word, since you know, he's the one that said it?

Did you think he would say

I blew it guys... but it's ok....cause I'mma bout to blow this bichh to pieces