Saints Fans...

PantherWake

Do you have confidence in the Loomis' drafting with y'all loading up on all these picks? Just wondering and I'm being serious cause it would be a waste other wise.

I don't think Loomis really handles the drafting. He's a numbers guy, I think that duty will fall on Ireland to find talent and SP, RR, and maybe even DA to Draft guys. As of right now we have 9 picks and I don't think we're done, we need to sit put with all picks Imo too. Rumor is that the Saints are all-in on defense once the Draft arrives.

I don't think Loomis really handles the drafting. He's a numbers guy, I think that duty will fall on Ireland to find talent and SP, RR, and maybe even DA to Draft guys. As of right now we have 9 picks and I don't think we're done, we need to sit put with all picks Imo too. Rumor is that the Saints are all-in on defense once the Draft arrives.

Oh gotcha that makes sense. It would just make me worried if y'all got like 12 picks and y'all turn out to be really good at drafting.

Oh gotcha that makes sense. It would just make me worried if y'all got like 12 picks and y'all turn out to be really good at drafting.

I hear ya. At first I was worried cause we've been terrible lately drafting in the later rounds, but then I remembered we put Ireland in charge of scouting talent. So hopefully he can be our eye for defensive talent. All I know is we can't afford to miss on this year's draft.

were likely to get 1 or 2 contributors lol. But i think we'll need to do even better.

Lol yeah... you're going to need to do quite a bit better than that IMO.

The scary thing though, is IF - and this is a BIG IF - you nail those picks... then *******... you've got some really cheap talent for the next 4+ years.

The scary thing though, is IF - and this is a BIG IF - you nail those picks... then *******... you've got some really cheap talent for the next 4+ years.

That's what I'm hoping for ya know, at least a couple players to build around on D. Edited by BayouBengalz

It's hard for any team to get one big contributer much less more in any draft.

Guard, OLB, WR and ILB need some players.

It's hard for any team to get one big contributer much less more in any draft.

Guard, OLB, WR and ILB need some players.

Idk about that... I think it's pretty much the norm to get at LEAST one good contributor out of a draft. I'm ******* disappointed in a draft if we only get ONE contributor. 2009, 2010, and 2011 are widely seen as "bad" drafts for us among our fanbase.

2009 - Captain Munnerlyn

2010 - Brandon LaFell, Greg Hardy

2011 - Cam Newton, *Greg Olsen (traded 3rd rounder to Chicago for him)

2012 - Luke Kuechly, Frank Alexander (good depth and he's still here - shows starting potential), Josh Norman (starting to show potential as a shutdown corner)

2013 - Star Lotulelei, Kawann Short, AJ Klein, Melvin White (looked good in 2013 and beginning of 2014... then the wheels fell off)

2014 - Kelvin Benjamin, Kony Ealy (really came on strong at the end), Trai Turner, Tre Boston, Bene Benwikere, Philly Brown, Andrew Norwell.... literally all the rookies in this class looked good with significant play time at the end of the year

He wasn't that bad. He drafted some good players. The team just never did any good.

His first round picks are all good players.

No No No...

You bag on Pioli for his teams not being able to put it together. And he has drafted WAY better than Ireland.

Get out of here with this garbage ssk...