The Falcons Will Never Change....

The problem put simply is the bike riding, vegan we have as a GM cant draft defensive talent for **** and low balls anyone who comes to town. He has drafted exactly 1 good player on defense in about 7 years! lol

The FO is conservative and more worried about image projection than what product is actually on the field.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been bargain shopping, becuase there was nobody avaialble in free agency who was worth big money.

Morgan was worth the 7M a season he got but when he came in for a visit TD low balled the crap out of him.

In a decade on this board you have never wanted a free agent if i recall correctly, always build through the draft. Good plan if your GM can actually draft well

Morgan was worth the 7M a season he got but when he came in for a visit TD low balled the crap out of him.

In a decade on this board you have never wanted a free agent if i recall correctly, always build through the draft. Good plan if your GM can actually draft well

old heads will remember hollywood henderson. NO team has EVER been as conservative, laid back, and all american as the 1970s, 80s dallas cowboys under tom landry. hollywood was wild, a party goer, and a drug addict. he was soo wild that he would disrespect his coaches to their faces, management too. didnt care. beast mode out in seattle had NOTHING on hollywood.....but you know what, they didnt let that stop them from keeping and playing hollywood, because on........on game days........he could do to this:

thomas_hollywood_henderson_1978_01_15.jp

Edited by atlbenz

I'm not a fan of TD by any means and I wish he had gotten shown the door when Smith did but this business about TD or anyone on the Falcons "lowballing" players is just pure speculation on your part and it's ridiculous. AB has never been afraid to spend money. Again, no one can make guys sign here. We already know a TE we wanted took less money to stay where he was. Could have been the exact same case with Morgan. You don't know anymore than I or anyone else do. Quit assuming stuff you have no way of knowing. Geez......

I'm not a fan of TD by any means and I wish he had gotten shown the door when Smith did but this business about TD or anyone on the Falcons "lowballing" players is just pure speculation on your part and it's ridiculous. AB has never been afraid to spend money. Again, no one can make guys sign here. We already know a TE we wanted took less money to stay where he was. Could have been the exact same case with Morgan. You don't know anymore than I or anyone else do. Quit assuming stuff you have no way of knowing. Geez......

Ill assume whatever i like. Yall assume we will magically become better with a scrub defense so whats the dif?

Me - I'm moving back to Atlanta this summer and buying 2 season tickets again. I complain too at times but I've

been a fan since the 70's and will be a fan for life regardless of the teams ups and downs

I know folks dont wanna hear it, and think its negative, but FIFTY YEARS of this crap. Im tired of the excuses for not signing MAJOR TALENT. We went out and signed bums that stay hurt and got POTENTIAL. Tired of it. Tired of the excuses:

1. gonna mess up the cap.

2.character.

3. we got too many holes to fill.

4.or what ever other excuse they can come up with.

It never changes. New England ALWAYS signs the best talent available, the best they can get, regardless of other issues. Thats why blount got them over and helped them win a superbowl. The falcons wouldve never signed a blount. You got holes to fill because you never fill them in the FIRST PLACE. duh....lmao. deep down, every falcon fan KNOWS im right. People are riding quinn expectations HARD, because we tired of this crap. Its not about signing a name that everybody likes, its about getting the best talent.

For all the bad that dimitroff has done, the ONE great thing he did was trade up to get julio jones. Trading up to get the BEST isnt what hurt the falcons, not properly evaluating talent AFTER getting jones is what hurt them. People can say that Seattle didnt have known names on their defense. TRUE, but who would debate that their general manager is lights ahead of Thomas Dimitroff? If you cant draft, you BETTER get the best free agents available, and to me, the falcons keep striking out in that regard..........rant done..........

Cinncinatti and Atlanta.........the two longest tenured teams in pro football without being a champion of any league they have been in.. ( afl, nfl, etc.)..

usp_nfl__new_england_patriots_at_baltimo

Edited by JG2008

I love when people ***** about... f-it. Some people are just too stupid to know what they don't know. All I know is that people that typically ***** about those in authority have never been in that position themselves.

Edited by cnst

I was going to take the OP seriously then he made this statement.

"New England ALWAYS signs the best talent available, the best they can get, regardless of other issues. That's why blount got them over and helped them win a superbowl."

Blount was far from the "best talent" available last year. In fact I think the Falcons are following the Patriot model of buying low and filling holes with serviceable players who don't break the bank. So really the OP should be happy with the Falcon's approach this year based on his own examples. lmao

Edited by RyantoWhitefortheTD

"New England ALWAYS signs the best talent available, the best they can get, regardless of other issues. That's why blount got them over and helped them win a superbowl."

Blount was far from the "best talent" available last year. In fact I think the Falcons are following the Patriot model of buying low and filling holes with serviceable players who don't break the bank. So really the OP should be happy with the Falcon's approach this year based on his own examples. lmao

Except.... The Patriots ball out every season while we... you know the story

i bet blount was better than ANYTHING we had at runningback.........

Ill assume whatever i like. Yall assume we will magically become better with a scrub defense so whats the dif?

No one assumes any such thing but most realist know that you cannot and will not fix this teams defense in one off season and that it doesn't matter who you sign, it isn't going to happen. It's nice to drink the kool aid that makes you think that one guy can fix everything but it seldom ever works that way.

No one assumes any such thing but most realist know that you cannot and will not fix this teams defense in one off season and that it doesn't matter who you sign, it isn't going to happen. It's nice to drink the kool aid that makes you think that one guy can fix everything but it seldom ever works that way.

Well then, if we cant fix it in one season we shouldnt try to sign anyone. Loser logic.

There were upgrades in defensive talent available, but youre a realist and it doesnt matter who you signwacko.png

True Falcon fans would agree with you. Most of these twits on here close their eyes to the wreckage we call, "Falcons" in hopes that somehow, someway, TD has done a great job. He has DONE NOTHING! TD has shopped the basment for all of this so called talent. Almost EVERY player that the Falcons have signed, have been injured in thier previous season. Pay MR and JJ big bucks, but aline them with medicore players. If I were MR, I would ask to be traded, Period!

Edited by Mr. Pointy Ears

True Falcon fans would agree with you. Most of these twits on here close their eyes to the wreckage we call, "Falcons" in hopes that somehow, someway, TD has done a great job. He has DONE NOTHING! TD has shopped the basment for all of this so called talent. Almost EVERY player that the Falcons have signed, have been injured in thier previous season. Pay MR and JJ big bucks, but aline them with medicore players. If I were MR, I would ask to be traded, Period!

Oh please ....

Not seeing a reason to throw a tantrum and freak out on this the 3rd day of the 2015 NFL football year does not make any person less of a fan. That is just a load of bologna.

There are plenty of reasons to be excited and happy about what's happened and what what's going on this year. I honestly question people's motives who seem incapable of seeing that.

I am not against free agents. What I am against, is paying stupid money to sign so-called elite FA's like Peppers, Mario, Hayenesworth, Revis and ASo etc all of who were suppose grossly overpaid and failed to live up to their huge contracts. The value is in the lower tiers of free agency, rather than the overhyped names like Suh.

Where is your evidence of TD low balling Morgan? Please enlighten us all by telling us precisely what TD offered.

I am not against free agents. What I am against, is paying stupid money to sign so-called elite FA's like Peppers, Mario, Hayenesworth, Revis and ASo etc all of who were suppose grossly overpaid and failed to live up to their huge contracts. The value is in the lower tiers of free agency, rather than the overhyped names like Suh.

Where is your evidence of TD low balling Morgan? Please enlighten us all by telling us precisely what TD offered.

I agree with you on elite(subjective) free agents that want to be paid huge money. Usually team destroying cap wise.

Morgan would of been a really good pick up imho, young, talented with the best ahead of him. At 4 years 27M imo that is a fair package for a good DE. I think the value in FA exists in the lower to middle tiers, not just the lower, unless we are talking CB's in the current market.

Tech boy spends 24hrs with the franchise and leaves? Evidence it is not, but common sense says the offer wasnt good enough to keep him in the state.

Guest Homer the Brave

I know folks dont wanna hear it, and think its negative, but FIFTY YEARS of this crap. Im tired of the excuses for not signing MAJOR TALENT. We went out and signed bums that stay hurt and got POTENTIAL. Tired of it. Tired of the excuses:

1. gonna mess up the cap.

2.character.

3. we got too many holes to fill.

4.or what ever other excuse they can come up with.

It never changes. New England ALWAYS signs the best talent available, the best they can get, regardless of other issues. Thats why blount got them over and helped them win a superbowl. The falcons wouldve never signed a blount. You got holes to fill because you never fill them in the FIRST PLACE. duh....lmao. deep down, every falcon fan KNOWS im right. People are riding quinn expectations HARD, because we tired of this crap. Its not about signing a name that everybody likes, its about getting the best talent.

For all the bad that dimitroff has done, the ONE great thing he did was trade up to get julio jones. Trading up to get the BEST isnt what hurt the falcons, not properly evaluating talent AFTER getting jones is what hurt them. People can say that Seattle didnt have known names on their defense. TRUE, but who would debate that their general manager is lights ahead of Thomas Dimitroff? If you cant draft, you BETTER get the best free agents available, and to me, the falcons keep striking out in that regard..........rant done..........

Cinncinatti and Atlanta.........the two longest tenured teams in pro football without being a champion of any league they have been in.. ( afl, nfl, etc.)..

usp_nfl__new_england_patriots_at_baltimo

Hey, I'm with you on this. I have seen all 50 years of it. It really does never change. After this long, you tend to believe this is our destiny, our lot in life, to be a forever under-performer, a forever laughing stock.

Seriously, when you think "falcons", don't you think "loser"? We are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

Well then, if we cant fix it in one season we shouldnt try to sign anyone. Loser logic.

There were upgrades in defensive talent available, but youre a realist and it doesnt matter who you signwacko.png

Not loser logic at all. Just reality. Something you obviously have a hard time grasping. It's easier for you to sit huddled in your moms basement dreaming up scenarios of the Falcons lowballing every FA that comes along. No one is saying we should not try to sign anyone at all but throwing a fit because "your guy" is not getting signed is childish.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six