We Must Pick Up Clay Te

malak07

It makes so much sense it's sickening

1. Miami just got Stills and Cameron they know very well they are losing Clay and have no plans on matching or keeping him due to finances

2. The Falcons while making modest moves geared toward defense this offseason they generally have room for a big splash signing and he would be one.

2A. Roddy White last year is most likely this year or defenitely next and we have plans I'm sure to lock up Julio long term... this leaves the question to who will be #2 receiving threat Clay answers that question and makes replacing Roddy mute point.

2B. If Clay paid any attention to Matt Ryan production with Tony Gonzalez he's got to lick his chops at that thought...since he will be able to do much more then Tony could do at this point of his career. Plus if Clay has a choose between us, cleveland, and the Bills you got to imagine he looks at the QBs and it's a no-brainer at that point.

5 year 35 million 15 million Guaranteed if we can't have our big splash on Defense at least make one on Offense!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I look more long term in regards to this acquistion.... R.White not going to be around forever and Matt Ryan would a player like Clay he basically becomes top 5 TE in the NFL via production (60-80 catches 700-1000 yards per year) you can expect from him....

Miami has about roughly $3-6 million in Cap space still with draft and adjustments need to their roster basically they hard to justify affording to match any offers for Clay as they can't hold him long term due to the cap commitments they currently have for upcoming this year and next...

Getting into a bidding war between the Dolphins, Browns, and Bills, would be a bad idea.

While I agree a bidding war I wouldn't get into ultimately Clay still has choice on where to sign and then Miami can match if Browns/Bills want to throw Julius Thomas money at him they can but I say offer him 5 year 35 million... that probably puts him approaching out of matching range for Miami and still solid offer. He then can decide does he want to go to a team with a proven QB who he knows will get him the ball or those other teams.

He caught more balls than Clay last year.

That's not same argument Gresham had some production... sure I wouldn't be upset if he ended up here still better then what we had.... BUT Gresham will never be a possible offensive replacement for R.White down the road and doesn't have they abiltiy that Clay does moving down field

Clay can offset R.White production eventually from the TE position and makes the #2 WR solution not as crucial too just saying