Brooks Reed Deal

capologist

Because (I imagine) the probowl is such a joke now. Lots of people were added to the probowl last year that shouldn't have been because people don't even care if they go anymore and back out.

There's only so many ways you can distribute money over the life of a contract. A Pro Bowl selection is no better or worse than the other bonus/escalators that are found in players contracts. If that's what you're going to complain about, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

There's only so many ways you can distribute money over the life of a contract. A Pro Bowl selection is no better or worse than the other bonus/escalators that are found in players contracts. If that's what you're going to complain about, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I guess. I wouldn't complain personally but I can see why it's kind of weird. Better to put production or games started or something instead. *Shrugs*

The real deal:

4.7m-signing bonus
2.2m-2015 base*
2.5m-2016 base**
4.1m-2017 base
4.5m-2018 base
4.5m-2019 base
Total 22.5
Avg. Per Year 4.5
2019 Pro Bowl Escalator (maximum 1m)

*2.2m-skill, injury, cap guarantee
**2.3m-injury guarantee @ signing (converts to skill, injury, cap guarantee on the 2015 waiver period.