Possibly Trading Back

Wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Trade back and still address pass rush need with Dupree and pick up an additional second round pick. Or maybe trade back and fill another hole in the first round, pick up an additional second round pick, and use one of those picks on pass rush, especially since this class of pass rushers are deep. I know Beasley is already on the roster to some of you,but this option is becoming more intriguing to me.

I know that right now Dupree has a mid-late 1st round grade, but you can bet your asss he's going top 15. His athleticism alone garners consideration for a top 10 pick. Only thing he has working against him is the fact that there are 4 other top 10 pass rushers coming out this year.

Edit to add that I don't think there's a chance we get Beasley unless we trade up. Between NYJ, Jax, and Washington, I just don't see it happening.

I know that right now Dupree has a mid-late 1st round grade, but you can bet your asss he's going top 15. His athleticism alone garners consideration for a top 10 pick. Only thing he has working against him is the fact that there are 4 other top 10 pass rushers coming out this year.

Edit to add that I don't think there's a chance we get Beasley unless we trade up. Between NYJ, Jax, and Washington, I just don't see it happening.

Well yeah, that's what I was thinking. Probably trade back into the mid first roud range and possibly getting Dupree or another position (OL, maybe RB). At this point I would much rather do that, Beasley may be gone, Fowler as well, and Ray and Gregory doesn't impress me enough for us to pick them at 8. At that point you either add better talent by picking the BPA (which is not bad at all) or you trade back and pile up on more picks.

IF the player the Falcons have at the top of their 'pass rush threat' list is off the board and IF they feel confident they can trade back and still get one of their top pass rush choices, then yeah it makes sense. e.g., trade back into the teens, get a 2nd round pick from a team who desperately wants to trade up to 8 and get their guy, ATL gets Dupree and then has two 2nd round picks to fill needs with top 50 players at either OL,RB, S, TE, and/or WR, that would be GREAT.

But if the Falcons don't use get a young edge rusher in this draft, it's going to be nealy impossible to call it a successful draft. Falcons have been waiting too long to address that glaring need.