Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nono

Morgan Signs With Titans

111 posts in this topic

Nashville is an extremely nice city. It's more living arrangements than football related.

Agreed. Very nice city, very chill vibe which just may play more into his personality, and there's one more thing folks may be missing...

...NO STATE INCOME TAX!!!!!!!!

Why would he want to come to Atlanta?

I would think because Atlanta has a quarterback and Tennessee doesn't... but no state income tax is tough to beat.

Knight of God likes this

Not worth 7 million? To me he is

And that's why your not working for any NFL organization in the world. Maybe you could work for the Titans, I hear they have been doing GREAT these past couple of years.

And that's why your not working for any NFL organization in the world. Maybe you could work for the Titans, I hear they have been doing GREAT these past couple of years.

Have the Falcons done great past two years ?

spanish_falcon likes this

Have you not looked at our defense recently?

spanish_falcon likes this

Derrick Morgan has 64 sacks/QB hits in the last 3 seasons, the 10th-most of any edge defender in the NFL.

i guess its better pay 4,5 to injury prone Clayborn or 3 to a mid tier guy

You're trying way too hard, PG doesn't care about you. Go home.

this thread took on the semblance of some of the old ones where swift would come in, using 2 or 3 of his multiple accounts and pick out someone. Apparently it's PG's day in the barrel laugh.pnglaugh.png

I wanted Morgan as a second option if Orakpo was too expensive but I wouldn't have been too happy with us giving either one of those guys that much $. Now, assuming Orakpo stays healthy it might work out and Morgan might have a career year but 7+ million a year for a guy who has a career high of 6.5 sacks and 8 million a year for a guy that has major injury concerns?

We'll see how it plays out but right now I gotta think the Falcons did the right thing going with Clayborn, Schofield, and (at least I gotta think) going after Fowler, Beasley, Ray or Dupree in the draft.

I think Morgan's contract was 6.5/yr plus escalators.

So it really comes down to if you'd rather pay an extra 2-3M/yr for Morgan over Clayborn or Schofield. I think it's worth it even though Morgan's no star (stars cost 11M+).

I think it's ok to slightly overpay at a great position of need. Otherwise, you overpay in the draft. At least in FA, it's more of a sure thing.

However, if they pick up an OG, RB, TE, and S in the remaining FA, and get

Pass rusher

TE

RB

MLB/WR

in the early draft, we could be a better team quickly.

seems we are putting a lot of eggs in the #8 pick being the premiere guy, but then again I didnt want to overpay Morgan either.